Schenevus Seventeen Symposium Schedule

newt

so, here is a DRAFT schedule, with planning and arranging for the "meeting." location and date TBA. maybe a minor royal or some unindicted politican can come and Open the Fete and pour tee fore uz.

Please note! the workshop topics are the product of disorderly thought and are subject to change at your caprice. Also noteworthy: nobody has actually agreed to do anything at all, concerning workshops or anything like an awards dinner ... but there are the Volunteer Label Service plans and the Cleaning and Mechanic Services, of course.

SYMPOSIUM, DAY ONE:

9:00 to 9:45 Registration and Continental Breakfast with Minifoods, Tam and Wenlaine providing minifood treats (not edible, but delightful nonetheless). Coffee and Teas will be available 24/7.

MORNING WORKSHOPS

10:00 to 11:00 Option A Interpretive Dance, Tracy

10:00 to 11:00 Option B Compassionate Help for People who Love Greenleaf and/or Power Tools Too Much: Twelve Steps, Wolfie, Margarita, Andrew, Nutti, Melissa

11:15 to noon Option A Why We Mail Empty Boxes, and Other Recycling Tips,

Diane, Jenn, Shakyshaky

11:15 to noon Option B Creative Label Design and Marketing, with Speling Class! Deb, Karen, Marlene, Smallhouset, Jackie

Working Lunch, 12:30 to 13:30 Group Discussion: Our needs for instructions, and as many photos and diagrams as possible, and How We Solemnly Swear and Promise to Give Each Limited Edition Re-released Kit A Good and Loving Home!!! Facilitators: Swap Moderators

AFTERNOON WORKSHOPS

14:00 to 15:00 Option A Group Discussion: How to Plan for Group Travel and Frequent Moves, Domestic and Beyond, Ann, Ralph, KathieB, Teresa, Anna, Rachel, Tracy, Anya, Jackie, Cindy, Andrea, Deana, Carrie, Wilma, Jett, Glen, Sharon, Pam, Michelle, Corey, Sue, Suzanne, Susanne, Suus, SuzyQ, Peggy, Peggi, Karen, Angela, Diane, Anne, Annette

14:00 to 15:00 Option B The Manly Builder: Newbie Orientation and Training, Brad Pitt, with help from Steve, Jimmy, Jeff, Greg, Andrew, Glen, GI Joe

15:30 to 16:30 Option A Compassionate Help II: No More Armed Heists for You!

Speaker TBA, pending the prison release of "Woodie," who hit several banks over the course of a week in order to maintain her dh buying frenzy addiction.

15:30 to 16:30 Option B Size Matters! A discussion of Scale and What It Is,somebody really good at math has to do this

15:00 until ? DINNER and AWARDS PRESENTATION, special guests Ernie and Blanche (and won't they be surprised!)

DAY TWO

MORNING WORKSHOPS

10:00 to 11:00 Option A Splinter Removals and You, Safety Tips, Havannaholly

10:00 to 11:00 Option B Compassionate Help III, When Family is Annoying and Trying to Interrupt You, Dr. Fill, Dr. Whoo, Dr. Joyce Bruthers

11:15 to noon Option A Fantastic Minis! Harry, Hedwig, Dragons, and the Fairies, estate administrators of J.M Barrie, J.R.R. Tolkien, etc.

11:15 to noon Option B Hit and Run, or "It's a Steal!" timed for when the deanleaf guards take their brake for elevenses.

other workshops and presentations TBA

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew! I didn't get volunteered to do a presentation on tapping into your real home wiring to light all your dollhouses at once without burning the house down. I don't think you can run 220 in a dollhouse. We'd need bigger wires and they'd look all out of scale.

grins,

Darrell

smallhouset, hi! good thinking on the roundtipped scissors and school glue. some of us might get into trouble with sharp things, or ... vapors. whoa, a whole shipment?!? kewel! and i'm glad to know you'll be there!

hello there, michelle! so, are you willing to handle the yank/canuk border arrangements again? i thought that your home PC did some really credible passports the last time.

hey, wolfie, here's the answer to your very modest question: i dunno! :giggle:location and date TBA but our DEB has the directions and weekend passes all ready.

word up, Betty! i'm hoping that somebody will have a Newbie Newbie workshop, and that we'll get to chat there. your BH :rofl: is so cool! i really wd love to find out how you're making decisions - i get stalled rather a lot.

hi, darrell! well, actually, i had thought abt your doing a tut on wiring the dh to the home HVAC system (and gas and plumbing!), but i reckoned you'd be with melissa and busy in the Power Tools workshop. so, are you volunteering now? :roflmao:

greetings, Margarita! you know, you're right. i'd worried that i'd be asking for problems with scheduling Tracy's workshop in a back-to-back with another workshop. maybe she'll do another Dance workshop as part of the Dinner festivities ?? Oh, Miss Tracy, whatddayasay?

howdy, linda, WOW! thanks for that PM and for volunteering to handle registration, along with inquiries abt lodging, campgrounds and RVs, tuition, materials, crayon costs and directions! Great!

OK, everbody! For REGISTRATION, send PMs to Linda and Jimmy if you want to register!! or just call them any time after 10:30 pm, on weeknights. they won't mind a bit.

:harhar1:

note to self: need to get out more ....

:harhar1: Count me in!!! Soooo, :roflmao: now where oh where is that phone number for Linda and Jimmy???? Since I have heck of a time figuring out time (LOL) differnces I will just call them...

Hugs

Lemme just grab my PDA and start planning my schedule. I'm gonna need a map coz I'm not sure of a direct route to New York from Colorado via Montana but if Wolfie is puttin' on clean jeans for the trip, I'll find one! It's probably that left turn at Albequerque but I'd better double check.

Let's see...........I definitely wanna take Tracy's class on interpretive dance. Oh, that reminds me. I'll have to bring along the trunk of costumes. If Marg is taking that class, I've got a bunny suit in there that she'll need. Tracy, for the rest of us, are the banana costumes optional?

Oh look! That class for the Manly Builder looks interesting. I may have to sign up for that one. <making note to include the Village People costumes in the trunk and pack an extra card for my camera.........there could be a lucarative future in blackmailing if all goes well>

Tams is making breakfast? Well, I guess that's better than finding her making lunch with fried chicken on the menu. <cackle>

15:30 to 16:30 Option A Compassionate Help II: No More Armed Heists for You!

Speaker TBA, pending the prison release of "Woodie," who hit several banks over the course of a week in order to maintain her dh buying frenzy addiction.

C.J., we're going to have to make a change for that one. I got a call from Woodie's lawyer this evening and it appears that she's not going to be able to join us this year. Something about parole being denied after an incident in the prison kitchen involving several boxes of toothpicks and a vat of gravy. Apparently she completed half a Garfield before the guards took her down. I understand she's doing well and the cast will be off in another month, but maybe we can send her flowers and a card to cheer her up. Bless her heart, you have to admire her creativity and determination to make the best of a bad situation. Anyway, the good news is that I've been able to secure D.B. Cooper as a replacement. He's offered to teach a course on "Making a Graceful Exit" and understands that he'll need to cover techniques for disguising large boxes when leaving a factory. When I briefed him, he was happy to hear that the boxes may not have glossy labels on them saying that it would allow him to skip Section C in his syllabus. That'll leave an extra 15 minutes in that block so maybe we can cover "Efficiently Utilizing Space in Duffle Bags" in that time frame.

Deb

That settles it! I want to take the dance class too and will be putting my pink tutu in my bags! Along with my crayons and chalks. I'll also be bringing my own music with me! You guys will just have to put up with middle eastern music in the dance studio! I've washed my jeans and they are ready to go, but I'll be tying up my long tail and wearing my wolf suit while flying! Wherever it is that I'm flying to.....sigh....I wish someone would give good directions! I know it's east, but WHERE!!!!!!

OK let's ROLL!!!!!!!

LOL! Okay I am in! I can bring the kids to the babysitter ( aka production floor) to distract ... I mean meet the guards, as long as someone promises to pick me up a Beaumont. I'll hook the trailer to the Armada put some tarps on top and noone will be the wiser. We can just take the long way home to drop off some "gifts".

Sounds right up my alley! I am there. Hmmm maybe I should as how much lol.

How can you put a price on Wolfie dancing in her jeans and pink tutu?? -- PRICELESS!!

"For everything else, there's MasterCard!"

I'm pretty sure I'll be over my surgery in time! I'll see you there! I may be a little overly enthusiastic, so bring something to tie me down...haven't been out of my house or hospital for two weeks now and biting at the bit to be able to start working on my Garfield. Stomach muscles still a little testy for cooperation at sitting at dining table to start my Garfield. Sanding will be starting this week, come hell or high water! Sue

"For everything else, there's MasterCard!"

And birng the significant other's as well...... :harhar1:

I'm pretty sure I'll be over my surgery in time! I'll see you there! I may be a little overly enthusiastic, so bring something to tie me down...haven't been out of my house or hospital for two weeks now and biting at the bit to be able to start working on my Garfield. Stomach muscles still a little testy for cooperation at sitting at dining table to start my Garfield. Sanding will be starting this week, come hell or high water! Sue

Great to hear that you are back in "fighting" spirit Sue! Looking forward following your building progress, just take it slow and steady and listen to that body even if it is s tune you don't want to hear...

Hugs