Schenevus Seventeen Symposium Schedule

newt

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will you be using spackling or super glue to fix out boo boos? Do we need to bring our own band-aids?
DSIL, a former OR nurse, advises surgeons are now closing incisions with superglue these days, so who am I to argue? I perform no surgical procedures, BTW, and I let my license lapse so y'all are pretty much on your own, unless you bring a cell phone so I can dial 911.

Now Holly, you may have let your nursing license lapse, but you are still a MOMMY, and as such, it is your job for life to fix boo-boos, be it with spackle, superglue, or cool sparkly bandaids. And don't forget to kiss it better!

it is your job for life to fix boo-boos, be it with spackle, superglue, or cool sparkly bandaids. And don't forget to kiss it better!
In the south the term b**b** refers to a byproduct of the digestive process & I promise you I ain't kissing any! I shall bring a supply of corks, however, to fix problems of that nature.

It may just be a localized use of the term, but around N FL it's what we used to wash off our incontinent geriatric patients at the hospital, from Baker County all the way over to Jackson County, at least.

now that reminds me ... we probably need to make arrangements for one or two non-mini Portalettes as well as a First Aid station somewhere near the RVs. we probably each should pack bandaids, and, as deb notes, there's no need for flashlights. :birthday:

hey, dudettes and dudes, if people get themselves into trouble sniffing any bad gloo :wave: then i think they're on their own ... by now everyone surely should know not to take gloo from strangers!

OK, right! we really are going to have to aim for a week-long session, and it is looking like it is gonna be jam-packed. maybe we can think about adding these:

You'll Flip!! Head Over Heels Painting, by linda

New Non-Extradition Traditions: How to conceal Michelle from the RCMP, FBI, and Interpol led and co-ordinated by DB Cooper, with diversion truck/van planning by heidiiiii

A Room of One's Own: The Garden Workshop and Display House WITH STORAGE, presented by jimmy and linda

Freedom from Furniture: We Sleep On The Floor and Put Kits On Our Beds, offered by kit collecting colleagues marg, chesterfieldzoo, linda, dollhousediva

Lunch, Group Discussion: Story Sharing about our Mini People, moderated by teresa, ann, havana, melissa, darrell, anne, anna, susanna T, tams, tracy.

Special Lunch Entree, Radioactive Meatloaf 'n Spacklesawdust Taters, by deb

I was talking about splinters in the fingers and cuts.
I knew that! Years of tending the "oopsies" of local elementary school children taught me the difference in a BIG way!lol Marg, Andrew & I can handle minor injuries.
we really are going to have to aim for a week-long session, and it is looking like it is gonna be jam-packed.
Only a week? What happened to the year-round miniversity? I was looking forward to moving in with Dean or Lisa.

one class missing though... the one for brainwashing dollhouse hating significant others.
That's why my DH is coming along & bringing the bikes & kayaks. Any SOs not wishing to attend the symposia may opt for strenuous physical activities, which Dean will coordinate & lead.

The itinerary is great, I'll have a shipment of crayons, school paste, and round tipped sissors shipped, they will be waiting for us at the gate as soon as we have an exact count of who will be attending.

I've just found this thread, and you guys are too funny.

Great list of supplies - I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not supposed to use any tools that are sharp. I'd tell you why, but it's a case of doctor/patient confidentiality.

-Susanne

couple of quick update notes and questions, here:

Year-Long Miniuniversity: havana, don't you think we should aim to do planning for that in the Long-Range Planning Minicommittee at the Symposium?? :monkeydance: After all, the initial planning committee was composed of the Katz and me, entirely without the benefit of hallucinogens, and we initially planned, for the Initial Plan, to plan for back-to-back workshops over a planned period of two or three days. the burgeoning interest has resulted in additional workshops plans, and those plans have been submitted with that Initial Plan plan in mind.

International Interests: hey, missymew/susanne! well, actually, you're already scheduled to be a participant in the first afternoon workshop option on Day One, (see initial page of draft, hereinabove).

great!! that you're volunteering!! and per the suggestion from HH, if you wanted to co-ordinate with michelle for the smug-druggling and other border crossing matters, you two might be the North American co-chairs. recently she was expressing some geography angst (yes, virginia, there is a santa schenevus!), and so she might be glad of the extra pair of minihands, crafting those faux passports, dodging the heat, and all.

Matters Minimedical: gayle's workshop idea is way cool! i vote yes, and we could also add an expansion, Blech! Bashfingers, Bloodblisters and Boo-boos to the workshops plan for a full morning session on Day Four, with andrew, gayle, marg and hh as co-ordinators that one. we'd need to have plenty of those brad and bulb extractor thingies and supergloo available (for show 'n tell, not sniffing, that recreational gloo use is too controversial ... i think??).

Lunch, Group Discussion: Story Sharing about our Mini People, moderated by teresa, ann, havana, melissa, darrell, anne, anna, susanna T, tams, tracy.

Well, I have only been skimming this to be up to date, but boy do I have stories to tell after this weekend.... :monkeydance:

Hugs

<happy dance> Anna's back! I can hardly wait to hear how sales of the mini cat accessories went & the fair in general. What'd you get new< Anna? She can present her paper on Little Witchy Ways With Mini Houses.