Schenevus Seventeen Symposium Schedule

newt

Wow, I missed a great topic when I was on vacation. This is too funny!! Thank you for the morning laugh!!

BTW, I'm definitely in!! I want to take Tracy's dance class!! Heidi, I'll pick you up on my way!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to be cloned so that I will be able to attend all the classes. Will video cameras permitted in the dance class? Is Brad Pitt aka Dean going to teach a class on Wood is Good? He can be our Fearless Leader.

Well my conferences always have a moderator and round table discussion. Dean can certainly be the moderator gand poohbah that he is!!! :whistle: It is usually a celebrity of some sort do Dean fits the bill there.

Now ladies we also need to add a course detailing how manufacturers can ship dollhouse parts to avoid customs!!! Call it "effective packaging for foreign buyers". :D

I am also up for the three month option of the camp.....I will bring my own towel etc.. :banana: ...I have pitty for Deans WIFE not him lol...I have an awesome cookstove.. :banana: .we can set up a mini village out back of Dean's place. Perhaps Greenleaf will get some potties in for all who have weak bladders and get up lots at night....... :groucho:

ooooh! Deb, what great ideas! We should do a week-long Ssscamp! :wub:

and you're right, we should get started on offering three month trainings. the quarter-long trainings could be on a recurring schedule, and if we can get accreditation from the community colleges system, i'll bet we could have (eventually) year-round Miniversity at Miniwoodstock. :)

about tents and plywood pillows: maybe if we ask nicely, Jimmy will build us a few dozen workshops in the parking lot outside the warehouse, so that we'll have some training areas. whatcha think?

Kathie, you're good with the map: Is there a lake for various water sports, recreation, :birthday::boat: and all of our houseboats? will we need special zoning permits or something when we set up the :hippi: GL commune? and are there RL houses for sale nearby?

Day Three possibilities are shaping up. The theme for that day could be The New Minillennium. Our jackie will share her particle accelerator skills -- great! heidi can bring her Radioactive Refreshments for breakfast :coffee: and the lunch break, and after a few hours we'll see how well we tolerate Hot Snax.

darryl offered to teach, so maybe he really will agree to do that training on how to connect your mini into your RL house wiring system, and gayle says she'll provide instructions about Cloning the Classic Colonial ... we are the future!

For balance, Day Four could be Natural Crafts Day, and we could focus on mini flowers and vines, making mini campfires, mini potholders, identifying mini plants (radioactive, venomous, etc.), meeting and re-creating woodland creatures, and twig furniture, things like that. we'll need teachers, though. carrie, will you lead a class on Little Landscapes: Teeny Trees and Bitty Bushes?

Howdy, Michelle, are you volunteering to teach Conning Customs and Stealth Shipping? if you have time, that fits well with the passports work. smart, good topic!

Hey, Gayle and others with inquiring minds who are wondering abt the participation of our Fearless Leader: yes! Dean is a cinch for moderator! and i'm hoping that he'll consent to be our :1st: Master of Ceremonies at the Awards Ceremony.

Aside from that, he already is slated to lead two afternoon workshops. If you refer to the schedule you'll see that on Day One he'll be working with the fellows (and Deb says she'll be attending, too). 14:00 to 15:00 Option B The Manly Builder: Newbie Orientation and Training, Brad Pitt. He also has one of the last afternoon workshops set for Day Two: 17:00 to 18:00 Option B Insider Trading Training, Brad "Pitboss" Pitt.

Mrs. Pitt says she'll be glad to meet us :banana: (she's very patient and friendly) as we're in and out of their place for showering, but she did mention we also should bring our own dental floss. she seemed surprised that there'll be more than 500 of us and says she doesn't usually have much extra ....

I will take care of all legal aspects, passports, shipping and smuggling... :cops: .or not so legal...:giggle:

Lesson One

To not get busted :boat: ensure you have a lookout :hippi: to keep an eye out while you are transporting illicit :banned: products . For our overseas customers might I suggest a boat :boat: or you may become shipwrecked :) by using a flimsy raft. Alternativly use a plane :plane: but with screening procedures these days......well you know!

Now by chance you do get caught and do not have the usual American arsenol :1st::banana::rocket: :wub: to fight your way out then :please: raise the white flag to surrender :birthday: and keep your yap :zipped: or you may end up in this predicament :coffee: once the :cops: have you!!

Oh my gosh, this is a hoot!!!! Thanks for the laughs and giggles. COUNT ME IN TOO!

I only live 5 and a half hours away from Schenevus, NY........want me to check out the grounds around the factory. I'll take my handy dandy tape measure and see how many campers and tents we could set up. I'll check out the forests nearby. We'll need lots of wood for those campfires to make all those mini s'mores....

lyn

We'll need lots of wood for those campfires to make all those mini s'mores....

lyn

You think? A few toothpicks for tinder and some scrap dowels to feed the flames and make mini coals ought to make pretty good mini campfires.

I'll take my handy dandy tape measure and see how many campers and tents we could set up.
We went to an event once where a Dutch brickmason fitted us all in, but we did have issues with the electric hookups. You'll want to see if there's 50-amp service for the big fifth-wheels; smaller rigs like ours only uses 30, but we have an adapter if 50's all that's available.

This will be SO much fun! Who's bringing fireworks, or do we have to use the nukes?

"I only live 5 and a half hours away from Schenevus, NY........"

Ok here are two sad points.....#1..I still do not know how to quote....ugh

#2 Shenevus is a REAL place? :)

Ok, maybe I will just go back to developing Smuggling Lesson Plan #2..........maybe it should be entitled how to get your consulate involved....... :lol:

No, I was thinking we'd all glow in the dark afterwards, so we wouldn't need lights.

<stunned silence> Wow. I hadn't even thought of that. <tossing flashlights in the trash> Well then, guess we won't be needing those will we!

i'll bet we could have (eventually) year-round Miniversity at Miniwoodstock.
You noticed the resemblence too huh. That occured to me yesterday..........upstate New York......large gathering of free spirits and creative types.........sharing showers..........wood...........hmmm..........eerily familiar.

maybe if we ask nicely, Jimmy will build us a few dozen workshops in the parking lot outside the warehouse, so that we'll have some training areas. whatcha think?

I'm sure he'll be happy to do that for us. Give him a call around 3am and ask him. He'll be delighted.

Oh wait. Speaking of Jimmy and workshops and such, that made me remember. We have to include a class on painting upside down by Linda.

Deb

Remember Linda said all we have to do is feed Jimmy and he's willing to help out with projects. He likes meatloaf.

Cool!! I make a killer meatloaf. If he's willing to build shops for us, I'll even make scalloped potatoes to go along with it.

<mental note: Holly has mentioned spackle as a recipe ingredient and Tams cooks with sawdust.........don't mention this to Jimmy>

Deb

*stepping up to the mike*

Excuse me all my fellow Mini-Hahas.

I want to let you know that there is some bad wood glue being passed around the grounds.

If your projects start to fall apart, you can go to the DH infirmary tent on the back-9 and see our groovy glue nurse..Havana Holly.

She will help you work thru your bad trip!

That is all.

Ok, where is the workshop by Marg and Linda who has to do one on "How to Collect Lots of Kits" and Ignoring the Screaming from the Boxes" Also, I think Marg could be nominated in doing one on "Conserving space for 10 Builds Going on at One Time and not Getting Parts Mixed Up."

I think Marg could be nominated in doing one on "Conserving space for 10 Builds Going on at One Time and not Getting Parts Mixed Up."
Marg's in charge of the fundraiser to get those of us with teeny tiny real houses nominated for "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" to come build us all extensions to house all our houses when they're built!