Pics of my contest entry- the travel trailer

Shakyshaky

Melanie,

The circus wagon is awesome! I love all the little details - from the clown face paint on the table to the vintage circus posters - they really set the tone for the scene!

Did you crochet the blanket on the bed & the throw pillows on the chairs? those are wonderful!

Yes I made the blankets, pillows and rug. The green chairs and table are the ones that came with the kit. I also made the hat rack, bed, and trunk. The axles and hitch took a while because I have never had any experience with horses and their gear. :welcome:

What a great presentation! I love all of the hand made details. You have a great eye and the ability to follow through ... what talent! I especially like that you used the decorations from the first birthday cake. Now that's really special. :welcome:

Very nice. Great idea.

I was going to enter the contest, but just couldn't get the energy to do it, what with me rehabing one house to give my neice for Christmas and another house needing to be finished. My idea was to do a bookmobile. Maybe someday I'll build it. To those who don't know what a bookmobile is, it's a trailer or bus/van that is a mobile library. They go to rural areas in the summer for kids to get books. My local school district has one. I remember when I was little walking up to the bus stop and waiting for the bookmobile to come so I could get check books out. It still makes it's weekly trips around the area.

Thought I had gone mad :yikes: I was looking for my message and I see I left it in the picture section B) so I must post here too.

Melanie, you did a Wonderful job on this! It really brings back memories of going to the circus as a kid.

My idea was to do a bookmobile.

What a great idea! Our local library had a chance to buy a used bookmobile recently, but the board didn't act quickly enough. With the little towns scattered around this county, a bookmobile would be a real asset.