Dollhouse Obession Video

Selkie

Here's a video about being miniature obsessed.

It's centered around a few collectors in England.

It follows a newer builder/collector and seasoned collectors too.

It's quite long (30 minutes or so) and has a few spots that seem to stop briefly.

EDIT: I think I just figured out why it stops in the middle approx. at the 15:50 mark.

It is a part one and part two series with a brief break in the filming in the middle of the video.

But it is breathtaking!!

One woman has over 1000 dolls in her house collection of well over 100 houses.

• Like 7

Loved every second of it! Truly delightful! I'm so glad you posted that.

Can you IMAGINE that castle the couple is working on? And I'd give my right arm to attend the Kensington Festival. I'd want to save for like forever first. Then go. Wish we had a miniature store around here like the one in the clip.

• Like 1

Selkie,mk used the word I felt watching this-it is just delightful! I now have a new appreciation for front opening houses,because so many in the video had so much character on the exterior! And the interiors-wowzer!! :) It was fun seeing so many dollhouse miniatures possessed people who totally 'got' each other. I won't spoil what the older lady who runs the festival shared about her late husband,but the younger lady's somewhat reluctant husband's final reaction as they sat looking at their finished house was priceless! Thank you for posting this-I will watch it over and over!

Thank-you Selkie for sharing this! The last few weeks have been sad and this was a bright spot indeed! I have Caroline Hamilton's book and it was so fun to see her and her houses--it was like visiting with her myself. I will definitely save this to watch again and again. Thank-you for bringing back a smile to my face.

Just viewed the other half. The Dollshouse shop is north of London. The train stop is a block away. I went to it when I went to the Kensington Show last year. It is a magical place. The owner was ill so it was being tended by a very interesting gentlemen. The owner is more of a collector who will sell to you only if she feels you deserve to own one of her items. You must ask permission to touch anything. Once you are considered "trusted" you are given the freedom to roam the shop unaccompanied.

The owner lives upstairs.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Loved this, I have one of Caroline's books and it looks like she has a new one out called Our Dollhouses but it's listed as unavailable on Amazon. Was so interesting listening to their stories. The looks on the lady's husbands face (dave) was priceless.

I just took a breather and watched this all the way  through. It so makes me want a front-opening dollhouse! I wish I could have figured out how to make the Beacon Hill front opening. *sigh*  Thanks for posting, Selkie. It was a great get-away!

• 3 weeks later...