What's everyone working on?

I haven't been able to work on the Tudor at all for the past week. I hope to get the living room wiring working again tomorrow, but that will depend on how much damage my 3 year old has done while I'm at work. He's been climbing up to the castle and breaking parts off during the day. Also found a few parts that had been cut but not installed on the Tudor in different states of destruction each day.

I am sooo doing a happy dance as my Emerson has arrived. There is something extra special with a new kit arriving, isn't it? Just had the quickest glance in the box, enough to snag the instructions to pet and have for the plotting and planning... :wub: need to get the Lighthouse done, so am on the lookout for bits and pieces.

So, right now I am trying to settle the lighting scheme and think I want to use a battery powered light in the top room, thinking of a white Tiffany style, but not sure where to find one, so I need to go on a lamp hunt LOL

Hugs

I went from having just the one house to work on (Linfield) to having a backlog seemingly overnight. Today, I unearthed two different dollhouses from the many boxes that I'd never unpacked when I moved here a year ago. It seems they were still packed from the last move - a decade ago. Oops. In one box is what looks like the Orchid but the window shapes are wrong. I remember packing that one to ship and then getting there and discovering that the house had come apart at every seam. It's been in pieces ever since. (Makes it easier for me to change all of the wallpaper and carpeting, though!)

The other one is a SkilCraft Nob Hill that I found at a thrift store for ten bucks. I have no idea if all of the pieces are there and honestly, with my hands pretty tied up with the Linfield right now, I am not quite ready to open the box and see what sort of shape the wood is in or if all of the pieces are there.

Still, it's rather exciting to know that I'll be able to be neck deep in dollhouses until next tax season. :D

As for Linnie (trying out names for her) I've decided to leave the stairs to the imagination in order to have more room for furniture or whatever. Have been toying with different light options and trying to decide what should go where. My wallet is kind of tired of spending money so that will stay in the realm of debate for a little while longer. (I just should decide before my birthday so that I can ask/beg for those rather than other stuff I'll never use.)

Went crazy with the wiring last night. All of the 1st floor circuits (10) have been spliced and now have plug heads. All I need are fixtures for the the living and dining rooms. I'll try to repair the living room sconce outlets tonight.

I'm finally ready to get started, my husband has been working on setting up a nice work space for me in the garage so that I can get back to work on my beloved house. I spent this past week getting it all set up and ready to get started, and what a busy week it has been, between work and science fair projects with the kids and cake decorating I barely had time to think let alone do anything else but I'm determined to get back at it!! I have 3 days off work starting on Sunday and I plan on spending all 3 of them in the garage working on my house. Mom needs some mini therapy, so everyone had better get used to fending for themselves for a couple of days!! I plan to start with finishing the dormer windows and getting the rest of the siding put on and I'm hoping to get started on the shingles as well but we will see how it goes. I'm just glad to be getting back at it, I will be happy with the progress I make no matter how big or small, it will be time well spent.

• Like 1

Lots of non-mini work happening here. So very sad. Charlie's birthday is tomorrow and the party next weekend, so I'm out of it for at least another week. I have enjoyed popping in here ever few days to see what is going on though. :)

Have not been able to do much mining this past week. Did manage to start some of the interior wood trim out of the MTC done but had to halt because of some warping in one side. Disassembled the top floors from the basement and put the warped basement wall under dampening and DH's smallest weight dumbbell this am. Hope it straightens out so I can get started on the exterior paper clay rocking.

Amazing room Brae!

I'm thinking of painting a portrait of a Scottish nobleman for the space above the living room's fireplace.

As soon as the kids get to bed I'll be alternating between Guinness, shots of Scotch and the Tudor's 2nd floor interior walls. :buddies:

I got a little bit of productive stuff done on the Newberg today, instead of just piddly edge painting. The outside is almost all painted except for some touch-ups, and I painted the interior "trim", which is just blocks of wood and posts to support the walls and ceilings. They don't go all the way from wall to wall though, so I just painted the gaps hoping for an illusion.

Next is to decide on the wallpaper and floor and ceiling. I have a bunch of scrapbook paper that is fun and neat and cute, but now I'm second guessing my choices and wondering if I should use nicer dollhouse paper that is more reserved.

We just got back from our practice hikes at Torreya State Park and Thursday I discovered the hard way I'm too old to play on the "Challenge" trail (DH says I did fine because I finished, but hiking a 5 1/2 hour trail plus the mile in and the mile out in eight hours is NOT "fine" in my book!) without damaging body parts (hope the skin on my right toe & ankle heal up before the Panhandle Trace Hike in two weeks...). However, we stopped at the house in Havana for the weekend before and Mildred is now in the camper's back room! We still need a workshop, but progress is slowly being made.

Judith's home!!! :hug:

I've been pretty active lately with crafting minis. I am working on the details of the Glencroft interior now, working room by room. Finishing up the bathroom soon and working on the bedroom. I'll need to redress (and maybe refinish) the bed, make some slippers and some other things that might be found in a modernish bedroom and also for the writing desk that is in the bedroom. :) This is my favorite part of dollhouse building. :-D (Some pics in the gallery - more on my blog.)

I got all of the ceiling paper cut and glued in place on the QA today. Also did the attic ceilings :)

Hope to get more progress on things tomorrow or work on another project.

Oh...did i mention i have the whole week off to dollhouse?! ;0

Well, while I am still not up to working on my Gull Cottage, I did get some fantastic news yesterday!

My custom made Mrs. Muir and the Captain dolls will be on their way over the 'great big pond' to me next week ...and I cannot wait!! I have only seen bits and pieces of them over last couple of weeks, but I have to say...they are gonna be GORGEOUS, right down to the Captain's teeny tiny captain's hat and pipe. (doin' a happy dance here :monkeydance:..well, mentally anyway. The airways are still in no shape to really dance yet! :nono:

I had so hoped the cottage would be ready for them (sigh), but wasn't planning on pneumonia making an entrance, so it will just have to wait until I am back on my feet. I will share pics with everyone when they get here though. I've never been much of a doll in the dollhouse person, but this project positively demanded it, and I obeyed. DH thinks I have truly lost my mind...ah well, what does he know? hehehe Wait until I take on doing the cottage from 'Random Harvest' and need Greer Garson and Ronald Colman dolls...LOL

Chris, whatever else, don't rush anything, I had pneumonia three times living in Jacksonville, FL (not one bout since moving away in 1989) and while I hated the weakness and lethargy, getting back my strength felt wonderful!