What's everyone working on?

All of the porch pieces are on the Orchid! I also got the exterior bay window trim and roof on! That marks the last of the actual "structure" parts of the house construction. Woohoo! Now I get to start adding all of that trim...miles of it. I have a few pieces cut and finished, just need to glue them on, but lots and lots and lots more that needs to be started. Tomorrow's plan is a few small paint touchups, then get the foundation trim on.  

I started working again yesterday and most of today.....how good it is to get glue on my fingers!.........The 'Toymakers' in the Tudor shop is now an Art Materials and Supplies with Studios over.........Someone actually wants to buy the 'Archway Gallery' and I'm so hooked on making art materials I wanted another!

So managed to make the shop floor furniture which ultimately will be filled with paints, pastels, pencils, pads..........and so on! They don't leave a lot of space on the small ground floor but they will work when the place is full of colour!

The shop will be called 'Arthouse'!.........beat that for originality!

IMG_2486.jpg

Mike, your art store fixtures make me miss my local Utrecht store when we lived near Tallahassee...

That's a big store Holly......A great range of product too, I've just taken a look.

I wanted to do something a bit softer that the general present day shop fittings.........they are mostly 'Mounting Board' with walnut counter tops.

What a cute idea! Did you see my message about Homeadvisors?  Look at Ikea for the cabinets. You could build them yourself with the help of a Day Laborer. I've done that a few times.  

I missed that about Home Advisors. I'll go back and look. A day laborer would have to measure and then construct anything at his place and then bring them over to assemble here. I don't think I'd be allowed to have anyone come in and do any kind of construction here. Anyway, I couldn't have cabinets. Because of how my room is configured, I only have 7 ft of wall space along the short ends and maybe 11 ft along the only long end. Problem is, that long end has the window in it and if I put something like that bunk bed in front of the window, I'd be blocking it - a big no-no. Ah, well, I can dream.

Well, I am changing sun room windows. Again. This is the third time. I finally found what I was looking for originally, but I can't afford them until next month. So having ripped off the complete addition on the side of the Americana and replaced it last weekend, today I got what I hoped were the measurements of the new windows and I sawed out the openings for them. I glued all the pieces of the new addition (well, most of them) and next week I'll nail them together. I have to nail them because my sawing isn't the greatest and there's gaps between the wood that real life owl could fly through. Needless to say, the glue isn't going to hold pieces together with those gaps.

I hope I get one more weekend, because Lisa may lose her dollhouse room in the next week or two and that means my house comes home, finished or not. I won't be able to saw anything here and I'm not sure I can do any hammering either. In fact, I doubt I can prime the house unless I load it on a cart and haul it down three flights of stairs and work on it in the parking lot. So it's going to be a case of what you see is what you get. Finis!

I went and purchased the batteries for the globe house...I took the battery pack but not a light so when I got home and tried it all out...you guessed it they didnt work...so poopies on lighting.:death:..the batteries were more then the project so it will NOT be lighted...I wouldnt want to have the person(s) I gift them to to have to spend that much to replace the batteries..

I am currently resting my mind and body as I have been go go granny since Friday afternoon...helped my daughter morph a morticia(ish) costume from items she had...she was happy and that of course makes me happy all the while 3 grans ran through the house with carefree abandoned as the adults were attached to the sewing machine... today of course was the grans crafting day and they each managed to paint and decorate some skull masks I got for them last yr...and that was the end of fall and Halloween crafts...a couple of weeks breaks and we will start our Christmas crafts/parental gifts...

besides workin on the globe house I am doing small projects to include with the Chantilly when I finally do ship it...right now its fun to have so many houses in my niche...although I am feeling a bit crowded...lol...

there are plans in the works for a trip back to Mo in Dec...we will be at last bringing all of our things to Az and then we can finally say we live here....:happydance:

• Like 1

I had one of those wooden CD holders that Michael's used to sell. I had intended for it to be a fairy house,  but it just never took. I recently painted it red and white, and it's being turned into a Christmas themed house for a little mouse (which is usually just a holiday display, but now she'll be part of my permanent collection).

I've been 're-sizing' the furniture I made over the weekend.......I cut the main counter in half and it's now a much better size! Oh and I've changed the name of the project......'The Paintbox'........much more fun!

IMG_2497.jpg

I've been 're-sizing' the furniture I made over the weekend.......I cut the main counter in half and it's now a much better size! Oh and I've changed the name of the project......'The Paintbox'........much more fun!

IMG_2497.jpg

Who did you buy the slate floor on the exterior of the house from?  Was it Richard Stacey? Or did you make it yourself?

Edited by Sable

Mike - aside from the stunning fixtures, you photos are also phenomenal! You are also great at photography! Some people get all of the talent!

I have been working on my first deck. It is coming along nicely, and once I get some filler, sanding and stain on it I can go back to installing the Andi=Mini flagstone. So far, what is on looks really good! Very dimensional! I just hope I don't ruin it when I apply the grout!

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

I got to order some of the 3D pieces I made from Shapeways. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will all look and function the way I want them to. Fingers crossed...

625x465_3957888_12617041_1445716289.jpg

Hope everyone is happy and healthy and getting to enjoy their creative projects!

Mike, all your stuff is so cool. :)

Thanks for sharing with us.

Love that staircase, Mike!

I like both of those staircases!

Thanks Tracy, Kelly and Holly.........and these actually go somewhere which is more than I can say for some of my stairs!

Who did you buy the slate floor on the exterior of the house from?  Was it Richard Stacey? Or did you make it yourself?

It ought to be slate Sable but it's wood........what a cheapskate!

the craftsmanship is amazing! My dh's look so childish compared to ones like this!

I'm sure they don't Erin but whatever you think I'll bet you get just as much pleasure making them and that's why we do it!...........If I tried to build the houses you all build I might just take a step back! UK houses are a walk in the park!

Mike, what did you use to construct the cabinetry with? Looks great, and I'm planning a beamed ceiling like that for my barn.  

All the cabinetry in this room was made from card Linda.......all but the counter tops which is walnut and the drawer knobs which are ??? wood as far as I can tell. I'm using card more and more........over here it's known as Mount Board.....it's made for the picture framing industry (the border around your picture) so it's really stable, cuts well and doesn't warp when you paint it.........The bevels on the drawer and cupboard fronts are made with a 'Bevel Cutter' also from the framing industry!

Mike - aside from the stunning fixtures, you photos are also phenomenal! You are also great at photography! Some people get all of the talent!

I have been working on my first deck. It is coming along nicely, and once I get some filler, sanding and stain on it I can go back to installing the Andi=Mini flagstone. So far, what is on looks really good! Very dimensional! I just hope I don't ruin it when I apply the grout!

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

I got to order some of the 3D pieces I made from Shapeways. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will all look and function the way I want them to. Fingers crossed...

625x465_3957888_12617041_1445716289.jpg

Hope everyone is happy and healthy and getting to enjoy their creative projects!

Thanks Jodi but you know I'm loving what I see on your builds too......a great eye for detail and you're  definitely no slouch with the camera! You must let me know what you think of the Shapeways stuff, I'm looking to order some bits myself.

IMG_2497.jpg

The curved staircases are making me happy! 

Thanks Jodi but you know I'm loving what I see on your builds too......a great eye for detail and you're  definitely no slouch with the camera! You must let me know what you think of the Shapeways stuff, I'm looking to order some bits myself.

Thanks, Mike! You are very kind!

It's so much fun to create the 3D pieces, Mike! Now my husband has brought me in a drawing of a face plate he wants me to make for his Jeep! Just so many possibilities!

I recommend going over to Shapeways and watching the tutorial. Then, when you are ready to give it a try, TinkerCad has some fun work-a-long tutorials so that you get a feel for how the shapes and program work. 

https://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/easy-3d-modeling-for-3d-printing-tutorial-for-beginners

https://www.tinkercad.com/quests/

Be prepared, though, Mike! It traps me for hours!