What's everyone working on?

Just thought there might be some interest in a new find........maybe you already know!

I got these of Amazon "Tobacco Rolling Mats'........I don't smoke (well only when I'm very, very warm!) but these look really useful.......Blinds, Mats and taken apart very thin and stable little dowels...........I've just made a load of pencils and some pastels!

Best thing though, they are very cheap......UK price £2.00 for 3!

IMG_2511.jpg

Love how the art shop is turning out Mike!

Over here I spent yesterday at my MIL as we had the traditionl goose dinner, ie it means it is slow cooking in the oven and MIL and I get to have a few hours crafting.

I played around with some fimo, made a few meatballs, using the chalk pigments adding the texture/colours to them, then I had some fun making a lavendar bush into the White tub that says lavendar as well.

Counted 118 stems to fill it. It was fun and will be used in the yard of the lighthouse. The garden is slowly coming together as well, one piexe at a time. Need to get the grass put in Place permanently, that part is a bit scarey ;)...

Hugs

Anna, I'm trying to wrap my head around how you managed to make 118 stems of mini lavender in one session!

plain ol' stubborn I suppose... Made 20 "stem" bits at a time, dip in glue, dip in flock, roll between fingers, place, repeat, repeat, repeat... Goose took 4 and a half hours im the oven so it was that time we just fiddled with small mini-ing projects.

A bit tired neck today though....

huhs

Today's task as to finally clear the table area in my mini-ing nook (kitchen/dining area to be) and I can actually sit be the table and work there as of now WITH over head light. Bliss!!!!

hugs

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anna said:

Today's task as to finally clear the table area in my mini-ing nook (kitchen/dining area to be) and I can actually sit be the table and work there as of now WITH over head light. Bliss!!!!

hugs

I like your work table Anna!.......There will be no stopping you!

Slow day for me though........just didn't feel like it so I just revised one of the cabinets that has been bugging me since I made it!

IMG_2523.jpg

Today I moved up in the world.........The next floor up anyway!

More card stuff I'm afraid.......apart from the easel which is not card! The first floor (your second I believe) extends the shop area to stock table and floor easels, drawing boards, in fact all of the bits that you might fall over if placed on the smaller ground (your first I believe) floor......................confused?.....you might be!

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2529.jpg

21 minutes ago, DeniseB said:

So ambitious, Mike.

Just seemed like a fun thing to do Denise!......makes a change from houses and it takes a bit longer to do with the bits!

Wonderful projects everyone! Brae, love the pics of the Heritage! That's such an amazing house. I seem to find a new fabulous detail every time I look at your photos.

Mike, looks really, really good!

How many stems???? Wow!

Spent the weekend dollhouse time sanding and painting trim. I started gluing on windows and adding on a few things that were already finished. As soon as my new saw blade comes, I can get the crown and baseboards cut. Still need to add siding strips to the gable and get that painted. The closer it gets to being finished, the more ideas I have for things to add...a bit of trim here, a bracket there. I'm really, really liking the house, though. A few more weekends and I'll be ready for shingles!! Whoop! 

Oh, and someone I know found a "huge old" dollhouse curbside...then gave it to someone else! Boohoo!! I never find anything good. Maybe someday.

I have not been crafting for ages but dying too since autumn started. My first build is a laffette  which I got built to point on needing windows and all trim. But the house has never spoke to me on how to go forward. 

So 4 years later I feel like I know  what I want  to do. Wow poor house sat stored.  

I did not pick the house kit my brother gave it to me and maybe that is why it did not speak 

yesterday I felt like such a lazy bones....but I had recently purchased all the curtain materials for the Chantilly and picked up an already decorated Christmas Tree in the ornament section at walmarts...so I took my laptop into my niche about 8pm last night and when I finally said..WOW I think Im done it was 1am....there are a couple of things that could make me happier but it is DONE!!! :happydance::cucumber::happydance:

I added a few things to the tree and skirt and pressies so it is ready for the Holidays...still do not have flower boxes but yanno if it dont happen...Im ok with it...my next step now is to ship this huge thing...unless someone suggest something else within my budget I am going with greyhound shipping....but will mail the box of house goodies....along with the boys legos....

I also have the bulb house finished and next is the furnishings....but before I can do anything I will have to reorganise my niche and put all the stuff pulled out and dumped on my 3 tables away!!!

Here in the States we are just being introduced to the 'Chip' credit card system. We are aware that Europe has been using this system for years. My husband just viewed all your pics, cause he's a fan, too. His comment was, "He has everything, but, Where is the chip card reader?"

15 minutes ago, Sable said:

Here in the States we are just being introduced to the 'Chip' credit card system. We are aware that Europe has been using this system for years. My husband just viewed all your pics, cause he's a fan, too. His comment was, "He has everything, but, Where is the chip card reader?"

Here!........sorry awful pic.......I think my camera is going to retire sometime soon!

IMG_0040.jpg