what Holiday goodie do you hope for?

bookmarm

Santa can bring me absolutely anything mini!! It doesn't matter what it is, so long as it can be used in, on, something to do with my houses. I'd even be happy with a few different colors of paint, bottles of glue, exacto blades, or leftover wallpaper... Oh I have got it bad!

Hmmmm, I must say I really like the "cat" one the best, Heidi. It's certainly more attractive than the old crock pot I'm using for humidity in my bedroom (and yes, it really has helped my poor dried and cracking nose)! Having a humidity source during the winter, with all the drying heat, really does make a difference.

As far as wish lists for Christmas, I don't really have one. My biggest wish is to have a better internet connection, and that's just something I'm going to "resolve" to get next year! DSL, here I come....

Back in the day when we lived up Nawth I had an old aluminum saucepan I filled with water everty AM & PM & set on a radiator in the middle of the house. If I was feeling particularly pitiful I'd sprinkle a little ground spice into the water, too.

Oh Kathie,

Thank you!

I even found something I want that is even cheaper!

Red Lattice Steamer. The small one is just right. I do have a pot on the stove right now with water, cinnamon, and star anise bubbling away. I just want something pretty and this will be my gift to myself (christmas and my birthday).

Thank you again Kathie. I am ordering it now.

Ooooo, I LOVE those steamers - my dad would flip for that - he's so hard to buy for, but he's constantly complaining about the house being dry.

I got myself what I REALLY wanted this year - the Ott lights for my work area! It's been heaven!! Now I'm eyeing the large magnifying attachments, but cha-ching!!

My Christmas present is being "delivered/built" right now -- a workshop for me!! :)

It's a 12' x 12' shed in the side yard, with a loft, stick-built, not a kit.

And the carpenter is almost as creative as a miniaturist! I showed him my HBS catalog with the pictures of dollhouses, and said I wanted the shed to look like a dh on the side facing the road. So that's what he's doing :) It has the barn-roof top to make room for a loft (storage space) and he's actually going to put in a dormer window.

Now I will have some place to work, I can get my big Federal Manor off the guest bed, pull out two dollhouses still in boxes, finish (or continue) a dh I picked up at a yard sale, . . . . This is probably my present for the next 5 Christmases but that's okay! He's working on it right now -- hear the hammering?? -- and it will be done before Christmas. I will definitely post pictures when it's ready. :)

Hi Gayle~

Be very careful with the thumb drive. I've gone through several. Somehow one of mine bent; causing it to lose power.

Yes, I will second this. Flash drives, as convenient as they are, can be very unreliable. So PLEASE don't use this as your only place to store important things. Bre, even your portable drive, please make sure the important stuff is somewhere else too. Just this week, I've had one of my Principals, and a school Psychologist, both have their flash drives with important info die on them. The Principal had his "entire professional life" on it, and has taken it to Best Buy to get it recovered. One last note, please also take the extra 5 seconds and stop the drive before pulling it out. Both of these people yanked it out the last time they used it.

I'm getting excited about moving in to it -- lots of accessible storage space and work space! I think I'll use those plastic drawer cupboards-on-wheels -- small see-through drawers where things can't disappear!

no, I know. thumb drives are simply conveniences. But for some things it will be nice.

Almost have the last holiday stuff done today. My mama is the last and has not been shopped for. My dad (died when I was 2) was a gentleman gardener and loved camellias. Mom still has lovely old bushes surrounding her house that Dad planted in the 1940's. I have started a colored pencil drawing of a blossom, which I'd like to give to her. She doesn't care for handmade gifts unless an outsider comments favorably about them. If I bought her something, she would trade it back to the store to find out what I paid for it.

I am so glad my sons don't have any jealousy over what I give the other. It doesn't have to be 'even'. We have very little to spend this year, so we are going for 'family gifts'