what Holiday goodie do you hope for?

bookmarm

I've had difficulties coming up with a wish list this year. I don't really need any mini stuff - got too much to do at the moment already - and non mini again, there isn't really anything I'd really love. I put some dvds on the list: disney style animated or musicals that I haven't got yet. Also put some practical stuff like Le Creuset pots/pans that we'd like at some point in the next 5 years, but aren't urgent or essential, and again are quite expensive.

I've got one mini thing I want, a 24 channel lighting system with remote control and a transformer to go with it. But it is rather expensive so would have to come from a bunch of people contributing. Did suggest it, but don't know if they've gone for it really (they haven't asked for more details B) )

What's a thumb drive?

Hmm, I don't really need any mini items either (but when has THAT stopped me? lol)

I think I'd like a big fat deposit to my PayPal acct. so I can shop to my heart's content over several months (dream on, Chris)...

or...I'd really love to have the Picket Hill 1/4 scale house from Suzanne and Andrew miniatures.

THAT would be a dream come true! (again, dream on Chris) lol

(am thinkin' I will probably get a new vacuum after Christmas, 'cuz I REALLY DO need that! not to mention the motivation to clean my house! sigh..)

I decided after noticing my skin is drier since it has gotten colder...I want one of those cast iron steamer pots with the ornate lid with holes in it. It`s soul purpose in life is to add moisture to the air. If I could have one of those, I would be very happy.

Since I cannot really go shopping out and about yet..Fred decided we are going to celebrate Christmas the way he used to. We are going to have a JW Christmas. His Grandfather was JW. Fred said that he would get gifts in January.

So that is what we are going to do. Plus we can hit all the sales!

Santa orders online at our house and I accidently saw the order confirmation, so I know what I'm getting for Christmas/ birthday (and it's what I wanted! DVDs "Julie & Julia& and the sixth Harry Potter movie!

Santa orders online at our house and I accidently saw the order confirmation, so I know what I'm getting for Christmas/ birthday (and it's what I wanted! DVDs "Julie & Julia& and the sixth Harry Potter movie!

Now, you are going to have to act really surprized on Christmas morning!

I never know what I am getting as my DH hides it from me either at home or work, but I asked for a gift certificate to the GL store or the only mini store any where near us (although stuff still has to be shipped unless we take a 4 hour drive).

My 16 year old son already has an i-pod touch (no cell phone - doesn't need or want one), so he got an early Christmas present of his own brand-new clarinet. He's been bugging us about upgrading the video card on the kids' computer, so I will be looking into that for him and MAYBE get one. Ten year old son is fairly easy to buy for, it's our 13 year old daughter that we are finding the hardest to buy for.

Got my Xmas present already, of course who know's when I'll be able to work on it....

Got DH a blu ray player---theyre really pretty reasonable these days...esp. on sale!

DS wants a laptop..I told him good luck with that, lol

DD #1 only wanted Band Hero for her nintendoDS and gift cards ....I told her I'd take her shopping and she could pick out stuff I wouldn't usually buy her...like 5 pairs of black shoes,lol--there's a girl in her class who gets a new pair of school shoes every week and it drives Nat nuts that I won't do the same. Told her that if this girls mom wanted to spend her money that way, that's fine, but I wasn't about to buy a new pair of shoes that often for someone whos feet are stiiilllll growing,lol

DD #2 wants everything!! lol she's easy to buy for!

I have had a difficult time thinking of anything this year. I am the type that if I really want it during the year I buy it. I know my Bill's daughter got me the Harry Potter #6 but don't know what my son has gotten me and the only thing I asked Bill to get is some Chanel #5 since I am out.

I don't need any mini items because I really haven't been working on them lately I guess I have been taking a sabbatical on the houses.

We purchased the wood flooring at Thanksgiving for our big Christmas present and man it looks awesome!!!

I know what I want!!

I want one day in the year..i get to pick..where i can eat whatever I want..I wont get sick to my stomach, I wont raise my blood sugar, and I wont gain an ounce..or have tooth decay!

I think I am going to search out for that stove top humidifier. I need it. My skin itches and feels like paper. I could probably find it in one of those country type online stores. Any suggestions?

I love Harry Potter. I watched the half blood prince last night.

The flash drives are great. I kept one with my school stuff on it so I could work on it at home. Or all your pictures so you can plug them in any computer and show off the kids! I know people who will keep flash drives like we used to have floppies. One for each subject in school, or whatever!

I think I am going to search out for that stove top humidifier. I need it. My skin itches and feels like paper. I could probably find it in one of those country type online stores. Any suggestions?

Try Plow & Hearth. They have some neat designs -- dragon, train in black cast iron, a couple in colors. Search for "steamer".

I've seen these in person in a store. Very substantial, will last a lifetime and more!

Mine?

Santa PLEASE: a copy of "Miniature Rooms:the Thorne Rooms of the Art Institute of Chicago", and a thumb drive.

What are you wishing for?

Hi Gayle~

Be very careful with the thumb drive. I've gone through several. Somehow one of mine bent; causing it to lose power. I had to send it to New York for them to retrieve the data from it ($400). I wanted to cry; I needed everything on it for my classes (I was in my last year of college at the time). I was then informed that a portable hard drive is much, much better. And, it can hold SO much more. Mine is a Western Digital and I carry it everywhere! I have tons of dollhouse stuff on it; to include lots of pics. I LOVE it. Check it out on Best Buy.

post-3899-1260845429_thumb.jpg

Now...what I want Santa to bring me is: The Multi-Max 4000 Dremel

I've been wanting to remodel my personal dollhouse and need a tool to cut through the wood.

Santa, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! LOL.

In a very odd turn of events this year, I am NOT asking for minis...................and Bruce is! Wheeeeeeeeeee! He's been doing the 1:35 scale military dioramas (and quite well I might add) and got 100% addicted. When we were in the doctor's office the other day, he was looking at the jars on the counter with the tongue depressers and stuff. I smacked him on the arm and told him I know that look and to keep his hands in his pockets! <cackle> He's already learned about the stir sticks at Starbucks. hehehehehehehehee

Isn't that just grand and wonderful! I get to buy minis for my hubby for Yule this year!

My wish list was for books. There are a couple of Rita Mae Brown series that I need to catch up on. I think I'm one behind on Mrs Murphy and two behind on Sister Jane. But the main ones on my list are the Dexter series. I have the first book and believe me, the book is *SO* much better than the tv series. They leave out a lot of the humor on tv. The book had me falling off the couch coz I was laughing so hard at Dexter's inner conversation about wardrobe choices for a killing. Okay, so I have a twisted sense of humor, but I though it was hilarious. I can't wait to read the rest of the books.

Most of all, I can't wait to see the look on Bruce's face when he sees the really awesome work station I got for him. It has a nifty cutting mat, lots of tool organizer spaces and a big ole lighted magnifying glass on an articulated arm. I got him some diorama accessories too but that work station is the cherry on the sundae.

Deb

It figures you're a Mrs Murphy/ Sister Jane fan! Me, too. I wait until they come out in paperback, though, so I have no idea how far behind I am. I also enjoy reading Diane Mott Davidson, although I still haven't figured out how to adapt her recipes to our diet parameters.