Hello everyone!

Michi

Hello everyone! I just wanted to leave a quick introduction. My name is Michi and I have been rediculously addicted to this hobby for about 18 years now. I have built almost 10 homes now. Construction is my favorite part of the hobby and am a notorious "basher". I just can't leave a kit the way it is. I am currently building The Harrison and will post some pics as they come available. My favorite architectural style is Tudor and the Harrison is just such a great kit to start with. I will be hand leading all new windows, applying aged stucco as well as stone on the facade, and the interior walls, ceiling, and flooring will all be period specific even though the home will be existing in current times.

Hi and welcome to the neighborhood. Good to see a fellow west coast addict!!! I have to bash my Garfield or I won't get it out of my second bedroom so I would love to see pictures. Might ask advice now and then too. Garfield is still in the box and I'm working on the Coventry Cottage to "get my feet wet" so to speak.

Hi Michi, :)

My first build was the Harrison. I grew frustrated with trying to turn it into a proper period house and gave it to my niece for her 13th birthday (I received it for my 12th birthday/Christmas) I've felt so liberated now its gone. I'm currently rehabbing a Pierce I got off Craigs list and have the Duracraft Farmhouse to do for my 11 year old nieces' Christmas present. I have the Glencroft which will be High Tudor when I get to it, and the Duracraft Heritage which will be Carpenter Gothic.

This is a good place to get ideas and ask questions. Everybody is most friendly and helpfull! Post your pix.

By the way, I turned the space under the stairway into a piest hole!

Lynette

• 4 weeks later...