Hello! I'm New Here!

Merry

Hi all!

My love of miniatures began when I was a young girl. I never had a dollhouse, but I did have a wonderful bracelet. The bracelet had a charm that opened. Inside was a large cleaned-out seed with an ivory lid made to fit. Inside the seed were 12 teeeeeny hand-carved ivory elephants. I don't know what happened to the bracelet, but I still have the seed and the 12 teeeeeny elephants!

I am finally finishing the dollhouse kit I bought back in 1995. For my very first dollhouse I chose the RGT Woodstock for crying out loud! While I was building it....life happpend! So now, 2008, I am finishing my first dollhouse!

While life was happening, I did build a toy-sized dollhouse for an orphanage and/or children who could not live at home. It was to be used by the psychiatrist when he met with individual children. The house helps a child explain some things.

As I am working and painting my Woodstock dollhouse, I am also painting every room in my real house. I always have many projects going on at one time. That's just how my mind works whether that is good or bad!

I am also making my own dollhouse wallpaper using Dover Pictura books which are royalty-free. Also, I use scrapbook paper, but I scan the paper first so that I can load it into Photoshop. I even scan fabric to use for my wallpaper. I'll use anything I can get my hands on!

I love color! I am not afraid of color! My real living room has walls of muted charteuse with red upholstered furniture. I am the same with my dollhouse....I enjoy using wallpaper that reflects the period of the house, and I decorate it to suit no one but me! I'm 60 years old, and this is MY dollhouse!

I hope to post some pictures soon. I want to get a couple of things painted first. (the dollhouse, not my house!! HA!)

Well, now you know me, and I look forward to learning all about you all!

Hi thanks for intoducing yourself so well. I first fell in love with minis when I was a child also. My grandmother had a button box with buttons and odds and ends in it. One of the odds was a little white dutch girl . I don't know if she was bakelite or plastic or what but I fell in love with her. I have her now and my love of tiny things. Glad to meet you Merry

:) Hi! I'm not familiar with the Woodstock. Sounds like you'd have a lot of fun with one of those painted ladies. I use fabric instead of wallpaper sometimes; it is a practice with historical precedent in interior decorating. I've never thought of scanning it (you could adjust the scale and alter to some extent the look). I recently came across a book at the library with graphic images and a cd-rom "The Complete Pattern Library with a CD containing 100 classic patterns you can color, alter, scale, and print" BY Kieth Hagen. There's some stuff I want to work with. It sounds like it would be right up your alley!

Lynette

Thank you for the warm welcomes eglefther, wanderinon, Patbidlack, THmini2, pin1056 Lynette Smith, Val, Jeninky, New Day, and Wolfie, and anyone who may post later.

Lynette, the Woodstock is the same house as RGT's Hawthorne only with the addition. I saw where a member by the name of alpangle has a Woodstock. I do use Photoshop constantly. It is so much fun!

Wolfie, at first I didn't know who "Pippin" was so I googled it. I finally saw a character by the name of Merry and figured out who Pippin is! Duh! I got a good laugh out of it!

This is so great! I need to look through all my old pictures and try to find a picture of the Estate I built.

I also want to learn about signatures, avatars, messages, etc, etc! So much to learn! So little time! This is so much fun!!!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes!

Hello and Welcome!! Hope you enjoy building your Woodstock as much as I did. Thanks for the comment in my photos. I really need to update my pics...maybe later today. I didn't have too hard of a time with making the floors level with the addition. I have the first floor flush with my table and made stairs to walk into what is the kitchen. I guess I was lucky by just having the second floor line up. How far are you into the house? I would love to see some pictures!!

Audra

Hello and Welcome!! Hope you enjoy building your Woodstock as much as I did. Thanks for the comment in my photos. I really need to update my pics...maybe later today. I didn't have too hard of a time with making the floors level with the addition. I have the first floor flush with my table and made stairs to walk into what is the kitchen. I guess I was lucky by just having the second floor line up. How far are you into the house? I would love to see some pictures!!

Audra

I hope I am doing this quote right! The house is finished for the most part on the outside. However, I've changed my mind about the colors, and have nothing better to do than to repaint it after it has been built!! Talk about teeeny brushes!

I think what stopped me in my tracks was electrifying the house. I have all the equipment to do so, plus an instruction book. For me the problem is knowing where I want to put the light fixtures especially if I want some on the walls. I guess I have to figure out where all the furnishings go, and then decide on wall fixtures....except I don't have all of the furnishings yet!

I'm open for any secrets or hints that anyone might have!

Thank you so much, Audra, for showing your house. You've inspired me!

I promise to load a picture as soon as the house is more presentable.

Everyone is so nice here! Thank you for the warm welcomes! Well, one thing has led to another as it always does. I'm changing my colors on my house, which means I MUST paint the porch railing and spindles another color!!!!!!!!!

What a tedious task! But I MUST!