Hello! I'm New Here!

Merry

Get your album going!! Would love to see pictures. What colors do you have now, and what are you changing to? I hated painting the spindles/railings. I ended up putting them together, then spray painted them. So much easier.

Get your album going!! Would love to see pictures. What colors do you have now, and what are you changing to? I hated painting the spindles/railings. I ended up putting them together, then spray painted them. So much easier.

Before I painted my house the first time I looked at many pictures of the "Painted Ladies." My windows have 9 different colors on them, but some of the colors are used as very fine lines. The house was painted a muted purple gray. It was very true to the colors of the Painted Ladies, but the muted purple grey on the house never really worked on a dollhouse.

So.....I have painted the house a lighter green. The windows have deep rich color tones so I am having to be careful with the hues and saturations of colors I use. The shutters have to be repainted, and there again, the color tone needs to compliment the windows.

The railing and spindles....when I built the house years ago I upgrated many things....one was the spindles. I bought and used the curved and shaped spindles and they have 3 colors on them.

Also, one of the problems as you know, is the second floor porch which is held up by the first floor porch tall posts. I am trying to take the railings off which are already glued in place.

I am anxious to get my album going, but my house is in such disaray right now that I want to start off with a somewhat good impression! HA!

Oh, one more minor thing.....I have the flu. HA! But that's just slowing me down a little from working on my dollhouse. It's funny, though, because I can't seem to work on my real house!!!!

One thing I have noticed about this great forum is that everyone has their own taste, and everyone accepts that fact.

I LOVE THAT! (but I'm still waiting on my album until my house looks better!! HA!!)

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the lovely welcome. I last posted that I would upload pictures of my dollhouse "next Monday." That's been over a month ago! I am so sorry. You know how every 5 years or so you get really really sick and you end up taken 2 rounds of antibiotics? Well, I'm well now but completely behind on everything!

I think I will be able to post some pictures pretty soon.

(By the way, in an earlier response when I said my house was is disarray, I meant my dollhouse, not my house. :wave: )

Hello, and WELCOME!!! It is so nice to have you join us. This is definitely the place to be if you love miniatures . . . tons of eye candy, great advice, and best of all . . .friendship with some of the nicest people you can imagine. I know that I am not alone in saying that I eagerly look forward to seeing your miniatures. I had to smile when I read your introduction - I felt an immediate kinship to you! I do believe we like to approach things in a very similar manner. All for now, but once again . . . it's great to have you on board!!!