I Am Home From The Hosiptal!!

SuzyQ

Hey Everyone!!

Well, I am finally home. I am doing pretty good. Very sore.

The surgery went very very well, My gyno did the hysterectomy first. I was told one of the fibroids was as big as a babies head and probably weighed about 2 1/2 pounds he said that one one my ovaries was shot and I had some endometriosis so it was good to get all that out of there.

As far as the cancer. The tumor was basically gone when they got in there. All that was left was an ulcer type scar. They say only 10 to 15 percent of people get this wonderful response frome the pre treatment before surgery. And the fact that I didn't even get to finish my treatments its a miracle.

From what I understand he took about a foot of my colon and rectum. So far the pathology is all good. There is some more being tested but the Dr is really excited by what he has seen so far and is expecting good things.

I am not enjoying the "bag" but dealing with it. A really sweet woman named Anne gave me lessons on how to take care of it. I cried the whole time the first time I had to help with it. But was cracking jokes the next time so I am dealing. Its only four months so it will be ok.

I have already lost all of the weight that I had gained before surgery. The dr said I could lose between 10 to 15 pounds.

Well I know this is sort of business like I am still a bit out of it.

But I am thanking the Lord for taking me through this safely and for the wonderul results.

I also thank him for my wonderful family and my husbands wonderful family who have taken such good care of me. Also all of you wonderful friends for you girft cards thoughts and most of all your prayers. I seriously don't know how I could ever make it through this journey without you all!!!

I have another drs appointment on Monday

Will write more soon :blink:

I Love You

Suzanne

Suzanne, I am smiling/teary reading this. Happy tears that you are home and doing so well! It's wonderful news (except for the bag, but luckily it's temporary)!

Look forward to hearing more from you when you are up to it! Welcome back!

Suzanne, it's so good to hear you're doing well! Praise God! I hop you can get back to your dollhouses and "normal" soon! Hang in there!

So glad to hear the good news! Ihope that you have a quick and easy recovery.

I had a hysterectomy about 1 month ago, one of my fibroids was very large as well. When I saw the dr post op last week he didn't have the path report at hand but did tell me that my uterus weighed over 500 grams, a normal uterus is 80 grams. So glad it's gone, hardly anymore nausea and vomiting (that was daily pre surgery) and no more feeling like i have the flu everyday. I feel really good. Due to the size of my uterus (and i have an umbilical hernia), he had to go abdominal for the hys instead of laparascopic assisted vaginal. That first few days and first week were miserable. I feel pretty much normal now. I found a website called hystersisters a few days before my surgery, it has great info about hysterectomies and it's interesting to read everyone's stories.

So glad to hear the good news and glad the bag will be temporary. Sending good thoughts your way.

So glad you are home! And feeling better! And each day that goes by will be better and better! Congratulations! Now take good care of yourself and pamper yourself a bit. You deserve it!

Hey Suz....I am SO glad to hear that all is going SO well. Good news like that makes it worthwhile for all of the trials you have had so far. I hope that the good news keeps comming.

I have a little package on it's way to you. Someone mentioned a "hospital house" while that is impracticle, I do have another version of a greenleaf healing item.

While I was in hossy all of those months I received two dollhouse realted books from members here, Kathie B and Heidi. I am sending them on, with a note inside each. Hopefully they will help you pass some of those slow hours as they did me. Perhaps once you are done with them and feeling better, you can send them on to the next greenleaf person who is having a trying time :blink: They will be full of good vibes from all who have found some joy in them previously.

Be sure to sign your john henry in them somewhere too!

Well, this was a happy thread to come home to, have been thinking of you and hoping that everything had gone well, such a joy to read this!

HUGS

"I have a little package on it's way to you. Someone mentioned a "hospital house" while that is impracticle, I do have another version of a greenleaf healing item."

I had forgotten the hospital idea. Maybe that could be the colonial. A turn of the century hospital. I know in my home town the first hospital was in a large house as I imagine many of them were in small towns across the country.

Thanks for reminding me.

Welcome Home Suzy....hoping everyday finds you feeling better and better! I read the good news on Caring Bridge also! Yay....celebrate!

• 3 weeks later...

Suzy, here are big, gentle {{{HUGS}}} belatedly, I was SO happy when Peggi told me your good news. I haven't done any oncology nursing, so I'm unfamiliar with the chemo drugs & their side-effects, but a temporary colostomy is just a nuisance and sure beats the alternatives. Doing a happy dance for you & still keeping all of you in my prayers.