What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Tracy, our bathroom has been torn up for a couple of weeks now. I can't imagine having it torn up for months!

And on top of that list I posted earlier, add trying to fix our genealogy website, which is suddenly returning a blank page instead of lots of information. I'm a total website ignoramus, so this isn't going to be fun. *sigh*

Saturday, my four daughters and I were in a craft show. I made Halloween roomboxes and they made decorations.It was fun, even with it taking all of my time, but

now that it has past I have time (until the December one) to get back to my 1/2" scale village. I have five different houses in different stages of development.

Such a challenge......... :bear:

I was inspired by an English women that had a village, but hers was 1" scale.

My washing machine drained all over my basement floor last night :( we figured out what is wrong, and it's a $150.00 door seal. Yikes. Thankfully, I got the second job . I was hired a month ago, and I am enjoying it. And it's next door to my current job. I work 2 days at my old job, and 3 days at the new job. I'm still decluttering the house, I have about 6 boxes of stuff to sell or donate. It's getting cold here in Ohio, I wanted to do a yard sale but may just drop it all off to the thrift store. I really need the $$ though. But I think I want the stuff gone more than the trouble of having a yard sale. Fall baseball is coming to a end, a playoff game was supposed to be tonight but it rained most of the day and the game was cancelled. Our youngest son is very disappointed. If he could play ball all year he would. The great thing is since he's in high school now they have open practice 4 days a week after school, all the way up until baseball season starts !!!!

Our oldest son decided not to wrestle this year, he enjoys his job and wants to do that instead. Which is great, I just want him to enjoy this year. I've been working on the Allison jr a little each day.

my DIL just finished my hair...I am proudly sporting dark blue hair with hot pink tips and a streak of pink down the bangs

I love it...and I gave her much needed practice for school....I love it!

my burlap wreath making came to a grinding halt..need a smaller form for the amount of burlap I purchased....

its all about the learning....

the car is sitting in the drive the next few days...we hope...need thermostat changed...and I hope thats its only issue

• Like 3

I'm putting the final touches together on a steampunk costume for later this month. I have my dress, corset, shoes, hat, and gloves. My belt and pouches should arrive today. The main thing I still need to work out is my wand (I'm steampunk Witch). I have a color-change LED and a battery switch; just have to figure out how I want the clay base that'll hold the wires.

• Like 1

I'd rather be getting the oil changed than clothes shopping. Good gosh, I tried on some stuff today that made me look like I had a 15 lb bagel shoved under my shirt. Not a good look. But I need more clothes for work so guess I'll venture back out later today. Yay (not really). Then I'll go home and bake breakfast muffins for me and DH, and water the bulbs and flowers I planted yesterday.

I am sitting beside my living room window enjoying our nice weather and some lovely purple blooms-my Mexican Petunias (Ruellia brittoniana). They are supposed to bloom in July or August,I believe,but I am tickled "purple pink" to see them out there! :) So far today,I am feeling very good-I am gonna eat it up,because I have treatment #4 on Tuesday.

Edit-This is NOT my yard,(Googled image) but very much like my flowers are looking right now-they will eventually be much fuller clumps with lots more blooms,but are so pretty now!

Edited by kat57

Well, as usual (of late) I'm still painting. It is the last wall. One end of the room is put back together. Can't put on the cool decals until the paint has cured for 3 weeks. boo hoo !

Today it is a football gridiron pattern on the wall.

Green background for the grass and white stripes and numbers for the yardages.

It's a pain in the .... because the walls, floors, ceilings, and door casings, etc. are all out of whack so the lines look like I'm a bit tipsy.

I experimented with measuring them out from the bottom up and from the top down as well as trying to level it going off the top of the door casing and nothing worked. I gave up and split the difference and called it a day.

Little guy will love no matter which way.

:blush: thanks ... I love doing these kinds of projects.

Hopefully I can find a way to safely post some pics of some of this.

On the other side of the coin - Right now the girls don't think I'm so cuddly and wonderful. For some reason they were really out of sorts this evening and we just had massive melt-downs - in front of company no less. So, I had to put on my cranky grammy hat and sort it out and get them all into bed. sigh ....

Tomorrow's another day.

Selkie, I'm so jealous of you painting. I can't decide what colors I want, so nothing ever gets painted. Could you please pick out colors for me? Then I can paint. Oh, after I finish the sheetrock...

Speaking of the renovations. I talked to daddy tonight, and our fixit guy has to have back surgery soon. He doesn't know how long it will take to recover, so he wants to hurry and get our stuff done before. Yay, I've been wanting to hurry and get it done. (not yay for surgery)

I think he was kinda waiting for me to finish the walls, but that might not happen. At least I have a little more motivation now though! I'm hoping he can start next week, and it will probably take about a week, so maybe everything but my part will be done in a couple weeks!!

I missed the eclipse by ten minutes (I wasn't trying for it, but happened to wake up then), but it's so socked in with fog it was invisible anyway. Groceries today and loading the camper. The contractor is supposed to start on our back porch today (just in time for Fall suppers!).

Selkie, I'm so jealous of you painting. I can't decide what colors I want, so nothing ever gets painted. Could you please pick out colors for me? Then I can paint. Oh, after I finish the sheetrock...

:rofl: HAHAHAHAHA :lol: Oh Tracy, you have no idea. I've had three rooms of my house builder white for 15 years now. I just couldn't decide on the colors. I'm not sure I'm really the right one for the job - unless you are extremely patient.

When I picked out colors for the new laundry area and the bathroom and walked into the room after it was finished, I nearly fainted. I truly felt sick to my stomach and was agonizing over what have I done? what was I thinking?

The little guys room was easier because I let him pick it out within a range of colors.

Someone very wise said to me - "Selkie, it's just paint. If you don't like or can't live with it after you do it, simply buy another can of a different color."

Now, that was way too easy.

Remember what they told me. Take a deep breathe, dream a beautiful color, go one shade lighter than you think because walls reflect off each other and intensify the colors. Paint and enjoy.

Good luck.

• Like 2

Holly I was surprised to see the mention of Cedar Key for a quick getaway for Jeremy. I LOVE Cedar Key!!! My spouse and I spent our 30th wedding anniversary there. We are thinking of moving there when we retire (when HE retires, I already did that LOL). It is such a quiet and beautiful town. I just wish there were less expensive houses for sale. I am not ready for a 1 bedroom condo. Need at least two bedrooms. (one for sleep and one for my houses).

Believe it or not, I'm finished with my genealogy research unless some cousin from Lithuania knows where 2 people fit in. I've found all my relations in the US that definitely came from the home village in the old country. Too many Josephs and Mary Annes certainly confused things, but I got them straightened out. I found there are at least 7 ways to spell a simple 4 letter surname.

I'm sitting up and able to reach the keyboard today. Believe me, after the past few weeks, this is a huge improvement. I still don't have all the feeling back in my leg and foot but I can bend in the middle again and that's a step in the right direction. I'm also finally off the combination of vicodin/valium/flexoril as of yesterday so I'm not befuddled........or not any more than usual anyway. Won't say anymore because it's just been a hugely depressing time and I haven't wanted to dump that on folks here but my state of mind wasn't in a good place and i'm still dismayed that the treatment that should have been so helpful in restoring some of my quality of life ended up making me worse than I've ever been and may have caused permanent damage.

An interesting mini development in my life was a recent request by a museum for some of my steampunk minis to go on loan to them for a Steampunk exhibition next spring and summer. Dr. Thaddeus doesn't seem impressed with "Smithsonian affiliate" but it blew me away.

I missed you guys.

• Like 5