What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Oh, that is a great idea Sherry! Was wondering what to do with the outside. Was also wondering how to get a few pics of their family into it. Will get Chris to do some superimposing onto posters work (he enjoys that sort of thing!)

Since it has been in the forties and some snow has melted, I planted over 100 bulbs, mainly crocus and Dutch iris.

While digging I discovered early signs of spring! :) Jerusalem Star (or is it Star of Bethlehem?) and snowdrops working their way to the surface. The snowdrops bloomed in February last year, so I'm excited!

I would have planted the bulbs months ago, but some problems with the water line had us scrambling before the weather changed.Then we had to get the leaves up before the snow fell, then, well, the snow fell. This was my first chance since November. It's cold enough they'll still bloom.

While I was pregnant with DS2, DS1 who was 2 1/2 at the time, and I planted crocus and dutch iris all over our front yard. I dug the holes, showed him which end went up, and he put them in the holes. We had a great time, and he started on his love of gardening early. I still think about him examining each tiny bulb to find 'up', every time I see crocus.

Gotta get ready for church and get lunch started, but I just can't get going this morning!

We haven't done too much since the kids left after lunch. Took a nap, painted the eaves of the roof so I can glue it on tomorrow, sat around and watched the Canadian geese fly over the house. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it! :)

watched the Canadian geese fly over the house. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it! :)

Which direction were the Canada geese going? The flights around here are going every which way. Goofy birds must have lost their compass.

This is where they stay from about early November until sometime in February, depending on the weather. So every playa lake in town is covered with geese. We lived by a lake until we bought this house, and the city said we had about 3-4000 in that one lake. When they took off, you could hear it inside the house like a train going by, almost. Of course, everyone feeds them, which encourages them to stay in town, plus the added advantage of not getting shot at in town! During the day, you will see them in yards, fields, school playgrounds, eating. Then at night they all come back to the lakes, usually one flock after the other, like the 7pm bell just rang. They are pretty amazing, other than the sidewalks by our house being pretty nasty to walk on after they'd been there.

That's OK, you'll just have the fun of dividing the bulbs that much sooner!

I like the look of having a cluster of flowers - one flower looks so lonely. I don't mind dividing bulbs, I do it frequently with my iris, which are a lovely purplish blue, have been in the family for 16 years, and I've never seen again in a nursery since getting the original. I have some iris which are taken from my great grandmother's garden(she died in 1948, so they are entering at least seven decades in the family!).

More birdsong is to be heard now. My niece Tiara and I have been popping back and forth in preparation for her move into the neighbor's granny house, so we've had plenty of opportunity to notice the changes. The grape hyacinth is already up, but doesn't bloom for months yet. The ground is partially frozen in the areas which don't get as much light, so they didn't get many bulbs. When the weather gets warmer again I need to pick up more of the horse chestnuts so they don't sprout like last year and I'll need to divide the Sweet Woodruff.

I've been getting ready for the birth of the identical twin nephewlets, which my neighbors are expecting on the 10nth, though they'll go another week at most. William will be the firstborn and Alexander the second. I'll be watching the twins each week when they are at cub scouts. Robbie, their 2 year old, has been slow in learning to talk, but is now picking things up fast. They were amused when he started saying "oh! I see!" and "wow!" in my intonation.

It is a yucky day out today. Rainy and dreary.

I guess I wont be sent out to walk the neighborhood today..LOL I will drag his backside to the gym instead. I ALMOST have all the tax paperwork. Almost! I still need one of Chelsea`s from her job over the summer. She needs to call them today to find out if we need to pick it up or not.

Other then that..I think I will do some cleaning in the diningroom today. Go thru all the paint supplies and see what can be tossed.

Light coating of snow here this morning but already 33 degrees, so it won't last long. Need to go to grocery and lab for routine blood test, then mini time! I want to get the ceilings finished in the quilt shop so I can put up the lights and work on the walls and floors. I'm working my way from top to bottom to avoid spills and spots.

I did our taxes. I actually did have all the paperwork I needed. We owe federal but it is a minuscule amount, BUT Fred will have to adjust it pronto. When Natalie turns 17 (end of this year), we will not have that cushion of child safety in our adjustments.

It is a really yucky day. I don't even want to go to the gym..yuck. I think I will do some paper shredding and make something yummy for dinner.

Edit:

Have any of you eaten chicken sausage? Fred had me buy some (Italian sausage style) a couple weeks ago and now I think I want to use it. I can be adventurous with food but I have never had chicken sausage. Any recipes or ways that you serve it would be nice.

It is very grey here too.

Chris proposed a year ago saturday (23rd), and we've been together 7 years tomorrow, so as it is my day off today I thought I could do something nice for dinner. Not sure about the main meal, we've got salad, and think I might get some steaks to have with it. Dessert will be good though: Banoffee pie with a twist. Ginger snap biscuits crumbled to make a crust, next some toffee (or caramel) sauce, then some chopped bananas, and finially topped off with whipped cream. Decadent but delicious! Mmmmm...

Not done much today really. Had a BP test this morning, then stopped at the charity shop on the way home. Had groceries delivered just before lunch, had lunch and then tried to do some research on giving notice of marriage (which you've gotta do 15+ days before you get married at your local registry office). I'm complicated, so did a bit of phoning and internet research to figure it out. Now waiting to hear back from someone official :) Doctors appointment at 4, then I'll cook dinner. And then tonight we can read our new book 'unofficial guide to disney world' and plan the honeymoon some more! :p

Does the chicken sausage just look like a normal sausage? I've had chicken and turkey sausages and just cooked an eaten them as normal.

I'd have them grilled with mashed potato and onion gravy and steamed veggies. Mmmm yummy food for a grey day in my book!

Does the chicken sausage just look like a normal sausage? I've had chicken and turkey sausages and just cooked an eaten them as normal.

I'd have them grilled with mashed potato and onion gravy and steamed veggies. Mmmm yummy food for a grey day in my book!

Yeah, they look like a normal sausage. I was just wondering about taste. I am used to pork italian sausage..I know what it tastes like and how to prepare/serve.

I made baked mac and cheese for dinner last night. He wants some of the sausage cooked to go with that to bring to work.

Yeah, they look like a normal sausage. I was just wondering about taste. I am used to pork italian sausage..I know what it tastes like and how to prepare/serve.

I made baked mac and cheese for dinner last night. He wants some of the sausage cooked to go with that to bring to work.

Mac and cheese sounds perfect with it to me! Not sure about flavour. Not sure what makes a sausage italian, but guess to me the ones I had tasted much like minced turkey with some herbs in :) Sorry no help there! Think mac and cheese goes with many different flavours though. I do like trying out new things, enjoy!

You have helped. :)

I made a mistake though..LOL I am used to putting a split in the *skin* of the sausage so that they do not explode. I found out that you should not do that to these chicken sausage. All is not lost. I sauteed some yellow onions with cracked pepper in there. I know it is actually not even lunch time but this is for him to bring to work..to eat for dinner.

I am feeling kinda guilty I did not go to the gym. Too late now. I have stuff to do. Right now I am eating baby carrots and reading FB..hehehe

Weather here is rainy and overcast. It rained rather heavily all night and this am the drive way was really icy. We still have a lot of snow on the ground but not much is melting. I dread when it does cause the dogs will turn everything into a mud hole.

Last night had a momentary scare as my eye started causing me a lot of pain and I was about to put in an emergency call to my dr. Then I realized it was my sinuses going into overdrive due to the weather. Mega doses of meds cleared them out and now back on regular regiment. Sigh. it will be another two to three months before the final surgery can take place. On the positive side, I can now see shapes and blobs of color more clearly. I hope that means that eventually I will recover most of the vision in that eye.

When I decide to get cooking something nice, I always want to cook it then and there and not wait until meal time! :) I have to resist and try and distract myself. Got some nice steaks and fish cakes (a larger steak for him, more fish cake for me, but a little of each for both of us)