What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I have not been up to much the last few days as DD (13) is having some health issues that I have been trying to help her deal with. Of course, the solution to the first problem made her very sick to her stomach today, so we have been in at the dr's both yesterday and today. So, it is back to square one and see if her body will now co-operate...sigh...

I would not know the first thing to get her.

I agree with Holly ... get a green plant that has a few fresh flowers stuck in it. It will look festive on the day and be a lasting reminder of her son's thoughtfulness. :)

I will be mostly gone for the next week, we leave in the AM for MLK weekend paddle with the GA canoe folks, this will be our fourth year, our third year playing with them over in the Western Panhandle. I should be in total withdrawl by the time we get back.

This has been a very sad week for me personally. My brother (51) passed away from stomach cancer last Friday. Doug has been in for surgeries, and must go back again on March 2nd. Lots of health problems all around me. I haven't been posting much because of all this.

Wolfmeister, I'm so very sorry for your loss, I know you've been concerned about the older brother. Prayers for you & all you've been through, and lots of gentle {{hugs}} and a dry shoulder any time you need it!

Aw-w-w Wolfie ... I've been missing you.

So sorry to hear about your brother's passing and Doug's ongoing health issues.

Please know there are many of us here who love you and miss you and pray for you and yours. Let us share the load with you. It's too much to bear alone - even if you are a strong wolf.

Hugs

Sending lots of hugs and better health to Doug and you. Thinking of you Wolfie!

Long day at work today, further away again. Guess I gotta do these shifts in between the nicer, nearer ones, but wish I didn't :)

This has been a very sad week for me personally. My brother (51) passed away from stomach cancer last Friday. Doug has been in for surgeries, and must go back again on March 2nd. Lots of health problems all around me. I haven't been posting much because of all this.

I'm really sorry for your loss Wolfie, and for the upcoming surgery. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, :)

Well, I finally figured out what to get his Mother. It was bugging me. Flowers or a plant would not do it. This is her 60th and they are having a big party..so the gift had to be like the day.

Fred and I walked around the mall dumbfounded. Nothing seemed right. Then in the car on the way to lunch it hit me! We went to the jewelry store and bought her a Pandora bracelet and one bead to start her off. The bead has her birthstone,Garnet, (that is mine also) hanging off of it.

I dont know if it is like this in YOUR area but every woman I know either owns one or wants to own one. So she is set now. She can have beads sent to her for different occasions and holidays to fill her bracelet.

Fred was happy. He is the oldest and he wanted to make sure the gift he gave made an impression on her. He is going to go to their apartment before the party and give it to her there. That way she can put it on or not at her home.

What do you all think? Did we do good?

If that's what floats her boat, I'd say you nailed it on all kinds of levels! :)

BTW, the craze doesn't seem to have hit the Heartland ... I never heard of a Pandora bracelet.

I do not have one but all of my friends do and almost every woman you see has them. It is not a very expensive thing to have well sort of. You get the bracelet and then you buy the beads (like charms) for it. The bracelet can end up being worth several hundreds of dollars if and when you fill it.

I would like one but I want someone to give me one as a gift. Someday.. LOL

And yes..this hits it for her. She likes jewelery and this is something her kids and grandkids can buy for her to add to it. Like when a grandchild graduates high school..grandma can get a cap bead..etc.

Fred is happy (and she will be happy) so that is all that counts.

This week has been spent taking care of BF since he got struck with the flu on Sunday night. Things were on the mend till this morning, when he woke me up around 5 am complaining of chest pains and discomfort with his breathing. So rushed him to the ER, got released around 12 pm (doctors determine he might have pulled a muscle, hence causing the spasms), then putting him back to bed with Motrin and ice packs and BenGay.

He's finally comfortable enough to doze off, so I'm able to sit at the computer, connect to my office remotely and just catch up on today's IT work. Though with all this running around (and being unable to get a regular flu shot, which is what my BF has), am praying I don't get the flu next.

Will see though. Hoping after tonight's "quickie dinner" (homemade chicken nuggets and a kielbasa/lentil stew), can finish up my "modern" cottage. <crosses fingers> :)

what kind of beans do you use? I automatically think of green fresh beans, but of course when I think about it I think it is more likely some sort of dried beans... anything like baked beans? (beans in tomatoey sauce)

Had a good day at work today :)