What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'm off to the dollhouse shop an hour away from me soon (In Warwick RI) and am going to hopefully stop in the bellydance store as well. Its been ages since I've actually gotten to go shopping.

I also have to pick up Halloween candy for tonight, We only got one kid last year and I think they moved...so I wonder if I'm going to get any kids at all.

We've been doing well, no one's gotten the flu yet in our family....although we've been hit very hard by about every cold to come by. I don't remember the last time I wasn't stuffed up....it may have been August.

I was 50 when I started Nursing School, so carrying a heavy patient load and trying to give each one the kind of care I wanted to give them wore me out, and I went into other venues before ending up with the health department as a school nurse. Mainlining medically complex children into the general public school population is all well and good (read: budget-cutting) but guess where the legislatures cut funding to public schools? Oh, and to public health departments, too? OK, off my soapbox.

Two good football games today and hopefully finish up the laundry! I have a bedroom chimneybreast to marble and I can work on making & installing bedroom doors.

Leaves!!!

We had lots of wind yesterday and all the trees decided that it was going to be their day to get naked!

It was beautiful. It was like a leafy snowfall. Now it is all over the yard! Ugh!

I am going to make banana muffins with walnuts today. I am in the mood to bake.

I'm gonna work on dollhouses today despite the fact that my house is a complete mess! i can't decide yet it i will work on the Foxhall or my Garfield bash!

I'll have another cup of coffee as i make that decision :p

Lloyd and Xochi made a big dent in the leaves yesterday. I raked a few piles, but they're in charge of bagging. Today I'm uploading photos to our genealogy site. Finally finished scanning yesterday. Well, almost. The octagenarian cousin who is sending these to me has a few just marked with first names. And with 3 Betties and numerous Jacks and Johns and William/Billys, they're going to have to go back for further identification.

There's a pork shoulder in the crock pot for dinner after the local Philharmonic performance this afternoon.

Back "home" again, not sure what to call which anymore LOL, but we had fun at the new place, atleast I had LOL, hubby has sore muscles after the digging and fiddling with grinding down the tar on the cellar foundation, next weekend they will tend to that side and putting down the insulation stuff... I have been taking it real slow so am feeling better eventhoug I tire easily...

Am awaiting the final stuff in the new job that will take place tomorrow and after that it will be public so to speak, hopefully it will pass the union and stuff, probably will but who knows....

Hugs

Steak on the grill, green beans, and au gratin potatoes here! I have convinced DH that I just can't use a roller well enough to put the final coat on the door, so he is doing it now. It's amazing how easy it is to convince them that they can do things better than us!

Well this'll be a short hello, typing on the iPhone is slow!

I hope Rose is doing better Holly.

Are you living in the house yet Anna when you visit, or staying with PILs?

We're having a good time. Shopping and relaxing for me are great, Chris has been really happy catching up with many of his friends.

Tomorrow we move on and Tuesday will make it to London and hopefully some mini shopping too.

Today we ate at an American style diner. Ribs and BBQ beans were delicious, but was very disappointed about the lack of rootbeer to go with their floats!

Sending hugs to all

:p

We do sleep at the house, and hubby installed the shower last weekend so that is checked, I have a microwave oven and one of those single cooking thingies installed (don't know what it is called at the moment LOL) and we have a couple of matresses there as well so it is a little like camping and we love it. We are pamered by going over to the PILs for dinner now and then though and it is so nice to get to spend some time with them as well.

Hugs

No school today. Election day in our area.

Have my regular dr appt today and then I have to take Chelsea shopping for stuff for her trip. She leaves on Saturday. Gone until Dec. 3rd. I am going to miss her.

Other then that..I will finish up putting plastic on the windows today.

I was supposed to go to Yakima today for part 2 of the cardiac stress test, had my ride with the van service all booked for pick-up at 7 a.m. (UGH!!), and woke up sneezing, dripping and coughing. So called the doctor's office and cancelled, and left a pathetic sounding message on the van service's answering machine. Something along the line of "I hab a dasty head code and I'm dot going adywhere, snuffle wheez!"

Guess I'll stay home, drink hot herbal tea and crochet. Could be worse ways to spend a day!

I'm finishing up the laundry and making trips back & forth to the Travel Trailer (our 1:1 one!) with stuff. We're leaving in the AM for a weekend with the AL paddling group to do 15 miles of the Alabama River and then some of the Tallapoosa with a paddle through a lock. Then we're spending a few days in the Blackwater River State Park to hike & paddle on our way to a paddling weekend with friends & club members around the Florida Caverns area. As usual, no wifi.

I got some interesting news from my GP yesterday.

I asked him if the bug that is going around is the flu or H1n1. He said it was the Swine Flu. I told him about the girls being sick and I did not get sick at all really. I mean I felt a bit crappy for a day but NOTHING like they did.

He said that I am probably resistant because of my age, and I probably had the shot in 1976. I told him I do not remember if I had the shot or not but knowing my Mom..it is a possibility.

He said that it is really my choice if I want to get the shot but Good Luck. You cannot find them anywhere (in our area). He said the Government is telling them nothing (about availability). He even ran out of the regular flu shots so he could not even give me that. I am good still with the Pneumonia shot I had previously so I did not need that.

Today I have running around to do and I will be waiting for the surgery coordinator to call. Nat has a couple routine appointments that I could not get after school so she gets a mental health day..LOL

Then I have to go to my friends job to pick up a $$ off certificate on Oliver`s fix. He goes on Thursday Morning. With the certificate, the fix will only be $40 instead of $77.

After that I have to take Chelsea to get stuff for her trip. Then we have to go over all her stuff to pack. She asked me to help her this time. She is leaving for a month so she has alot more to pack then the last trip.

Have been catching up on the cleaning that got put on hold these past two months when I went into hospital for first the cataract surgery, then for retinal detachment after my slip and fall that wacked my head real hard. Need to get it finished as we are hosting the family thanksgiving and friends are spending Christmas with us this year. In between we adopted a new little girl boxer and have been concentrating on her adjustment to our house, training her to respect the Invisible Fence and the last two days she has figured out the doggy door!. She already is spoiled and has DH wrapped around her paw! I have also been working on the Story Book Cottage and preparing for the Philly Show trip this Saturday.

post-557-1257357392_thumb.jpg

She is a sweety! I like boxers.

I havent heard from surgeons office today. Maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow Oliver goes to the mobile spay van in the morning. I have to pick up the food bowls soon so he will have nothing else to eat tonite.

Chelsea and I are going to do a marathon of getting supplies for her trip. I am giving her my cellphone for the month. Her phone finally broke and she does not have the extra money to replace it right now. I told her I would buy her one for Christmas (she will get it early).

So I am giving her mine to use while she is gone. This is so she has a phone and she can text Natalie. They act like the dont like each other but they love each other and I want them to be able to keep in touch. I will be lost without it but I will be recovering at home so I really wont need it.

Got back from my son's wedding in Key Largo. The wedding was small, everything went nicely. The hotel was nice, spent time in the pool and the tiki bar. Took a glass bottom boat ride out to the reef, saw pretty fish. Had a few good meals, the filet mignon at Rib Daddy's was one of the 2 best I ever ate in my life.

We decided to drive another 100 miles to Key West on Saturday. Halfway there, while stopping for breakfast, we heard about the Fun Fest. The waitress said it got kind of wild, and not someplace she'd care to go, but we decided to check out Key West anyway, since we were halfway there....Big mistake. My 16 year old son saw more naked women on the street than he needed to see. He expressed the opinion that this just wasn't right. His father and I played it cool and we worked our way out of the area and back to the parking garage. My son had quite a story to tell when he got back to school.

Other members of the wedding left for Key West later in the day than we did, and had heard about the hoopla there. They said it got worse towards evening when they were there. It was even more than my oldest son could take, and he used to work as a bouncer in a bar, but they were trapped. A barricade had been put up and they couldn't move their car.

.........and some people think miniaturists are weird.

Well...the day is over and I'm just now getting up (it's 8:54 pm EST). I had surgery last week and have been off for the past two weeks. I'm getting cabin fever...but I am having fun working on my little homes!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to wake up and build some furniture...depending on how I feel.