What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Yum Heidi, chinese sounds so good. :)

Well, lets see. I'm trying to talk myself out of taking a nap on the couch. I don't want to sleep my day away. I'm just so drowsy. :)

I think i'll get the Granville painted a couple of more coats of paint today. Maybe work on the ceilings. I want to try to make a fern today but now I can't find my floral tape and wire. I'm sure I put it somewhere for safekeeping from my furry beasts. I haven't a clue where that could be. I tried to find it last night. I have one more place to look otherwise I will write it off and buy more next week when I can start driving.

Finally getting the kitchen and laundry room painted. Took forever for the painter to get here and he will not be done today. Cooking will be difficul't over this weekend. Darn, I am so disappointed!

Preparing for another phase of my house painting. The real one. My grandson is painting the interior of my house.He is earning some insurance money for his work. That's right he is 16 and driving. OMG.

I chose sage green and dark burgandy for the lR and sage green for the kitchen. The bath is butter yellow. The den will be sage green and burgandy as it has a large opening joining it with the LR.

To prepare I have to move my dh supplies and go shopping for a ton of food, the child eats like the man he is. 6"4".

Any spare minute I have will spend painting the trim on the pierce.

It is 87 deg F outside right now and it is icky.

What have I done today...hmmm

I went out and watered the garden. I went to the top yard where it is all shaded and it actually felt really good and breezy up there. Sat on the garden bench for 15 min soaking up the coolness.

I sprayed down the front porch (and all the plants out there). It needed it. Dusty and dirty from the roofing.

I am in the process of freezing blueberries and strawberries. Freeze them flat then put them in a bag.

I have to go now and bring Chelsea some lunch. Icky!

This has been one of the saddest weeks of my life. My son(18) has basically refused to look for work. Putting in 4 applications in 3 weeks, does not really count as job hunting. Due to his uncooperative behavior and the impression I can support him, when I do not even have a job myself, we have been forced to tell him to move out. Between us and his siblings we gathered up enough money for a 1 way train ticket for him to go live with a brother a while. It sure hurts to push him out of the nest when he is not fully prepared. Hopefully this very hard lesson in life will teach him that he needs to be responsible and actually try to do something with his life. He turned down a 2 year scholarship ( thru the department of rehabilitation) at the community college because he would have to find a job and support himself while attending. I have been pretty much in tears for the last 2 days. I know this is for the best but...... it still is a difficult thing to do.

Melissa

Melissa ... nobody ever said love is easy. He may or may not thank you later, but you know what he needs. Bless you and your family for giving him a loving push in the right direction. Hopefully his brother will be able to help him recognize his responsibilities. Hugs to you! :banana:

I spent part of the day cleaning...well sorta. I've had 2 dollhouses on my kitchen table for months. Both large (beacon hill and house that jack built lady anna) and i stuff things in the rooms (furniture that i bought off of ebay, still in the box, cans of paint, misc mini stuff. So I had a mess. it's been getting on my nerves. So today, I went thru all of it, and put all components, building supplies down in the family room where they belong and Andrew moved the Lady Anna down into the family room. My beacon hill looks nice on the table now. I also cleaned up my work table in the family room. I cleaned my desk in the office (shredded a pile of stuff and caught up on filing). I feel less cluttered mentally. Feels good to get some things taken care of. I'd like to vacuum, but not up to tackling that yet.

I want to get my life de-cluttered and less messy. I always feel overwhelmed, cluttered and out of sorts. I know it's my cluttered house. Cluttered house = cluttered mind. I will be making some changes in the upcoming months, gonna sell at least half of my dollhouse stock (nope no mega deals out there for anyone sorry) I know I won't make any money off of what I've purchased in the past and I know i will lose money but i don't want to lose alot either. I'm going to sell most of my barbie collection, a couple of my Tonner dolls, and most of my Lemax/Dept 56 haunted village collection. I can't display anything because I just have soooo much stuff. I want to go thru my wardrobe and get rid of the stuff I won't ever wear again..., go thru drawers, clean clean clean, discard, etc...there is just too much to do, so one thing at a time. Anyway, I feel "lighter" just having done a little bit today. :banana:

Just listed some of the kits that I want to get rid of, under the classifieds/trade section. PM me if you have a serious interest :D

Oh Mel, I feel for you. We have told Chelsea it is now time to start the job hunt. She has done three very substantial and life growing projects over this past year and the last one just ended today. She has those three things to put on her resume as things she has done with contacts for references. She is kind of scared but we told her it is a growing experience.

She knows she can save most of her money to fly to coop (Seattle, college, whatever) but she will be responsible for one bill in the house. We wont give her the oil cause she wont make enough for that but I am thinking the cable or the telephone bill.

She also knows that is dog eat dog out there and she will not be able to afford to live in the comfort she is used to so she is going to comply and start being an adult.

He may be really pee`od at you all right now, but he will understand in the future. Maybe some time away from home will give him a new perspective.

I am dreading the day Natalie turns 18 and we lose the Social Security for her. That will be a good size chunk out of the finances.

Fred and I snuck out of the house today and went to see Wanted...(the angelina jolie movie). Really good! Worth the free ticket for me and the $6.00 for Fred tickets...LOL

I'm doing nothing today...as I can't sit for long periods of time....since the surgery....and where my incisions are makes it rough....but reading through this today....Mel, my heart goes out to you...you are a fantastic mom...but sometimes we are faced with decisions that are hard...and I feel you made the right one....he will be with family and will be taken care of....and I know how its hurting you...I'm glad that you all raised the money to get him moved there....and I'm thankful he will be living in a camper instead of somewhere else...I'm here if you need someone to talk to....I know how hard it is...

Mel:

I understand your situation with your son. He needs to find out about the real world. You gave him a fair opportunity to find a job and he blew that off. This is no time to take a guilt trip.

You have done a good job raising him now it is time for him to be an adult and learn to support himself.

Ed

Rainy, Stormy day today....

Oldest son is at career camp at the local university until wednesday.

Youngest son & I need to go to the grocery store, auto part store.

The bearing are going out in the $300.00 fan I just bought for my car, it has only been in the car about 3 months, actually a little less.!

We are also going to stop in at Jo-Anns for thier scrapbook paper 6 for $0.96.

I need a few pieces for the San Fran.!

I only have 5 hours this week at work.... inventory was last week so hours are very low.! but I get to spend time with my little one and then Thursday & Friday with both.!

I recd a email from someone yesterday about a free dollhouse... I have pictures but I have no clue what it is... and the pics are too big for here. I want to get the house but with gas prices right now I may have to pass. It is about a 30-45 minute drive from home to pick it up. I am hoping they will be willing to meet me possibly half way. or at least somewhere that I am familiar with.

Kellee

Today's going to be filled with the littls errands and activities that have to be done before we can leave on our week-long road trip to Virginia and Mount Vernon with our friends Charles and Norma Jeane. -- dog to board, kids to friends' house, laundry, pick up presecriptions, charge up TomTom, pack, etc. We'll be off in the morning.

We'll stop at Tamarack, the fantastic crafts center in West Virginia, then Charlottesville for Charles's appointment at the UVa Med Center, Mount Vernon (NJ is a George Washington groupie -- has a George room in her house! -- yet has never been to MV), Berryville & the Burwell Morgan Mill, Berkeley Springs and a soak in the healing (or at least relaxing) waters of the Roman Baths, and a preview of the Great American Dollhouse Museum in Danville, KY. A jam-packed itinerary, but I think we'll do just fine.

We'll be at Mount Vernon on the 4th of July ... how's that for timing? :yay: See you when we get back!

Another humid day. I could not take it anymore and I turned on the drippy AC. Fred and his friend cannot take it out of the window until this coming weekend anyway. I have it rigged with a towel on the floor and a rag under the area where it is dripping. Not a fast drip..just a slow chinese water torture type. I had to cut the humidity out of the first floor...you could cut it with a knife.

Not much planned for today. I have my appt with the surgeon tomorrow though. I think I will just water the plants outside, do some housework, go to the bank, and decide what is for dinner.

Last night I watched a Food Network food challenge show and it was all about Mac and Cheese. So last night I made Mac and Cheese with four slices of cooked bacon chopped up in it. I did promise Chelsea I would make her some soup. Maybe some French Lentil....

Up at 4:30 am with Hubby for work. then at 7:30 went to the Auto part store and picked up my radiator fan. Long story this is radiator fan #2.! and put it in the car.!

My radiator fan went out last year so we left the car go until we could afford it.! SO we got the new fan in March. On Sunday there was a awful noise coming from it.. so Tuesday after I got off work I took the fan out & Returned it. Got the new one and put it in the car...... well the fans would not come on so this morning I took it back, ordered another one and begged for the noisy one back!!! Got the noisy one back and put it in the car and it works!!!!! Hubby will be so proud of me.!!! LOL!!!!! When the car gets hot it sounds horrible when the fan comes on but OH WELL!!! I have to pick my oldest son up today from Camp at the Univerisity.!!! SO I have to have a car.!

Then tomorrow morning the new fan wil be in BUT my oldest son has a cadiologist appt in the morning.!! so after we get done with the cardiologist we will get the fan and put the new one on.!

I am exhausted.!!

OH and Friday I am supposed to pick up a dollhouse.!!!!!!!!! found on craigslist.!!!!!!

Hugs

kellee

I am sitting here drinking first cup of coffee. I have broken the summer sleeping cycle..thankfully. The alarm clock was not on..so I was waking at 11am! I could kick Fred for letting me sleep that late. Then I couldnt get to sleep at night...vicious cycle. I woke up at 8:30am this morning so I am back in business.

I have been freezing fruit all week...LOL Our local grocery has some really nice pints of blueberries for 99cents a pint. You can only buy 2. So everyday I have gone back and bought two..(have to go again today). Then I freeze them on a plate lined with parchment paper and when frozen, I put them in a ziploc baggie. They will be great to have for the rest of the season (and winter pancakes) . I have 2 and 1/2 quart bags filled already. I have been freezing strawberries too. But I am doing that until I have enough to start putting up the jam.

Peaches will be ready to pick soon and I want to get plenty to make peach preserves this year and also some cling peaches for the winter.

I feel like I am channeling my grandmothers or something. All this talk about another Depression has been getting me to prepare..so to speak. At least I am preparing for the winter. Stocking up on provisions now while they are cheaper so I wont have to worry about buying in the coming months.

Going to go out and face the humidity to water the garden and pick some more green beans.

I just had a cup of tea. I need another.

I know what you mean about a messed up sleep cycle Heidi. I usually try to go to bed by 10 at the latest since i have to get up a 4 am for work. Since my surgery i've been staying up late at night. tossing and turning during the night, getting up around 7ish but falling back asleep until sometime between 11-1 pm. I don't like that. I was in bed by 10 last night and woke up at 7 this morning. I'm still very drowsy but i need to get back on a regular cycle.

I'm going to work on my Granville today. I bought some older staircase kits on ebay and they arrived yesterday. I will have to widen the holes to accomodate them and then i want to drywall mud the ceilings and texture. I hope to get this all done tomorrow and hopefully paint the ceilings on friday. Maybe this weekend i'll be able to get it wallpapered.

Yawn. so that is my plans for the day.

I couldn't handle it, this loneliness and social isolation. I went to Joann's and bought some ribbon for my Granville staircase, then went to Mervyn's and bought a new purse. I needed it because my other purse was looking kind of shabby and it's been a long time since I bought a new one. Plus it's pretty cute...lol...I feel a tiny bit better for having escaped the house, not much tho because here I sit by myself again. There was nowhere else to go and I didn't want to drive around endlessly burning up gasoline.

I'm not in a hurry to go back to work but I have to say staying at home all the time would get on my nerves.

Well I think a nap is in order before I start on the Granville, I'm excessively drowsy. :)

Done some more packing. Yesterday I finally caught up on the laundry. There was not a single item in the house that needed washing! Of course this only lasts until the evening when clothes go back in the basket, but hey!

I also sorted all my clothes, more to the charity shop. The hanging up stuff is all packed, as are the towels and bedding. All my mini stuff is packed, just have to close a couple boxes still. Also half packed my desk. When that's done I'll finish the sitting room shelves (nic-nacs) - I've already done the books and dvds.

We're getting a big van, so I'm also taking furniture apart to flat pack it. Did the dining chairs today, will do my desk tomorrow. Then Chris' clothes shelves (mine are already deassembled).

Dishes will be done tomorrow - We're picking up keys on Friday so I thought I'd take the dollhouse stuff and the dishes then (there's a set that was in the house when we moved in, so we'll use those for the remaining days here).

Freecycle had a wooden dinghy on offer where we are moving, and I would have snapped it up, unfortunately we don't have a garage where we could store it while i fix it up, so can't say I'll take it! There's a lake nearby where we could sail too! Never mind.

We had mac and cheese for dinner tonight! with peas and cut up hotdogs in it :)

Have fun with your Granville when you have the energy Margarita!

Muriel :(

Today I found a hobby shop in the next town (Abotsford-Canada) that is starting to carry doll house suplies. hurray! Bought some brats, shingles, and test light for future electrical instalation. I could spend all day long just looking at doll houses displays. Going to clear an area and pull out the dollhouse so I can start roofing.

Too bad about the flu, its' just way to hot to be running a fever! Hope it ends soon.

Monique

(The Beacon Hill dollhouse lady)