What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Today I need to run to UPS and ship a couple of things. Then I'm putting serious effort into the Granville.

I may clean the bathroom later, if not today then definately tomorrow.

I was thinking about going to the store and buying steaks and stuff to make potato salad for tomorrow but Andrew is working so what is the point? So I'm not going to celebrate the 4th. Probably just work on dollhouses.

I guess I'll be watching my cousin Linda's wedding on the internet tonight. She's marrying Ben Franklin on the steps of Independence Hall. She'll be dressed as her alter ego Betsy Ross.

Huh..hahahahah

For a second there I was like..What? Ben Frankin..has Graz lost it?? LOL

That is neat that you will be able to watch it even though you cannot be there. I hope there are no storms tonite..

I have to pick up Fred from the barber in a lil while and we are going to go scooter shopping. Cannot buy until Wednesday but he wants to see what there is out there. He is all excited like a lil kid.

I have to call the insurance guy today to find out if the scooter would fall under auto insurance or home insurance....they do not need to be registered and you do not need a motorcycle license. If it were to get stolen or he was to get into an accident, I want to be covered. I personally do not want to spend the money on this thing BUT i know that it will save us alot of money in the long run.

Going to call the public works department *again*. I have called 3 times so far for them to replace the street lights that have burned out and nothing has been done. It is dark dark dark on our street without them.

I am also going to do a bit of Christmas shopping today. Natalie and I want the new Guitar hero game, Aerosmith. I am putting it away for Christmas. I told them both to make a list so that I can start buying now. It will be a bleak holiday if I do not.

I finished cleaning my son's room. I brought the McKinnely house out from the Garage where it has been stored for about 1 1/2 years. I found a box of some of the furniture that goes in it and set it all up. I am going to bring in a few more dollhouses one at a time and make any needed repairs and set them up in there until I run out of room, as the room still has a bed, dresser , and tv on a stand in it.

Melissa

Well didn't work on the Granville at all yesterday. It was a fun and exhausting day. I went to run errands and visit one of my brothers and his family. My little nephew wiped a boogie on my pant leg. That was a real rare treat. It was nice to see them tho, it has been a number of months.

I can't wait until this kick butt drowsiness/exhaustion stops. My doctor said it could last a couple of months. It's pretty overwhelming. I just woke up and am so tired and drowsy i feel like i could go right back to bed. I know I did too much yesterday but it's just driving me crazy to stay in the house.

Hopefully i'll some work done on the Granville today.

I bought season 1 of "weeds" yesterday and watched all but 2 episodes. crazy show, I just recently discovered it.

I'm going to work on mini's again today. Yesterday I textured the ceilings in the Granville and cut the ends off of craft sticks to use as wood flooring. I used up a whole box! And that doesn't count the fact that I am using tile in 2 rooms and the hallway!

I stained most of it but by 10 pm I got tired of doing it (i stain each of mine individually). so this morning i'll finish staining.

If the dry wall mud is dry i may paint the ceilings. If not i'll work on painting more of the outdoor portion (the off white stuff) and i'll find another mini project to work on.

I found and brought in the country church and set it in it's new home in the spare room. I still have a few things to do to it for it to be finished. I think the houses will be a lot happier inside, instead of buried behind tons of boxes in the garage. I did manage to free the beacon hill, but it has not been carried back into the house. It is the first house I ever worked on. It did not fair well in the garage. Some wallpaper has fallen off and some doors fell off. I will be repairing it and finally adding crown moulding after it is brought in.

Melissa

cleaning has been going on around here...the kid wants a big pool party and our yard is a HUGE MESS...well I should say was....my DH has been hard at work on the yard and the kid made big improvements in the house to get ready for this party...guest list is 20 and growing daily

after 4 years the swingset Dean built 18 yrs ago is back into its original place where I like it)

today I am going to go and get a new baby swing...the little tykes swing I have is 20 yrs old(bought for Jason) and there is a crack on the blue front bar where Jaxon chews! not good.

so it is time to retire it! the swings are not in the best shape but I figure they can make do until they break....its not like its getting daily use now.

he moved our boat out of the lower yard and into the driveway...its going...before the party I hope. and he cleaned the fence behind the boat and it looks so good back there...today he is going to build a fire pit for the kids to do hotdogs and smores

he bought me a new garden swing and placed it just outside one end of the gazeebo and it just made the inside look so spacious....and with my new(to me) rattan furniture inside its very nice.

tropical vacay everytime we go out. and he has strung lights all over the yard... it really makes it look nice at night out there.

it has worked out so far for him to stay at home just now...we dont know how much longer he will be able to..so he is working steady to get as much done as he can until that time.

I actually made some real effort in cleaning off my work table and organising my stuff....its very tempting to dig out a kit and start something new! but I have so many that need finishing...I need to order some paperclay...I am out of my big box from my last order.

Have a great day

nutti :p

We went yard sale-ing today ! Most were rained out, but did stop at a very nice one that had tons of antiques there. However most of the items, I didn't have the money for or a place to put them. We did get a couple of small items, but no minis.

So we came home & I spent some time in the shop working on Ernie's Bus. I have the lights ready to put in , but I must mount the cabinets first. I'll post photos later this week.

Steve

I went to my son's soccer game this morning (his team won!!!) then cleaned my house from top to bottom. Very exciting, not really. This evening I am hoping to be able to finish my third floor walls on my BH but that will depend on how easy the kids go to bed. Hopefully good and easy since the soccer game was very early this morning.

Today (sunday) I WILL work on my Beacon Hill :p I am sooooo close to finishing her just the pesky tower to go!

I think i will give up on the secret room idea and just make the dang thing!!

I have been working on a dh to sell....it was an extra I had and someone asked to buy it if I would finish the details. I hope to be done this week (I said it would be finished a week from Sunday Jul 6) so I can get back to my plantation, the finishing touches on my Georgian and really get going on my Adams contest and the kitchen roombox for my brother (a surprise birthday gift). My RL house is a mess and I am going to get cleaning this week (I did do laundry today, however). Have a great Sunday.

Hot and tired. That is why you do not see much of me..the humidity is a killer. I just lay around like a slug.

Natalie used her money and I used my jar money to buy Guitar Hero Aerosmith edition. I havent even gotten near it yet. She is hogging it. And she doesnt even know most of the songs! (hear a whining baby say that). Going to go back up to the bed where the fan is and watch Harry Potter..

Toodles. :)

Going to hang out most of the day today. Fred has the day off and I have dinner already planned and started. Real Louisiana red beans and rice....Mmmm! I bought a nice Mucke`s smoked sausage and three Red hots to put on the side. The beans are soaking now. ( not doing the ham hock cause of the salt, have some smoked turkey instead)

Later on (weather permitting) we are going down to the beach tonight. Every Monday night it is free admission. They have a car show and a DJ playing music from the 50s-60s. Tonight is a special carnival for the cystic fibrosis organization. Pie throwing, carnival games, etc. Fred and I love to play mini golf and instead of paying $5.00 a person they charge $2.00 per person on Monday nights. He doesn't get many Mondays off so this will be fun.

The girls still like to go into the arcade.

Hoping it does not rain!

Back from an unbelievable trip to Florida over the 4th. :) Thank god for frequent flyer miles and hotel free nights. :) Only major cost was the car rental and even that was on a special! Got in late last night and trying to get the laundry caught up but the heat and humidity has really drained me. Not sure when I will be able to get back to miniing. :(

Last night was nice. I got a big surprise though. I went down to the water (mouth of river opens to L.I. Sound) and there were tons of jellyfish. TONS!

Usually you do not see that many until late July or early August around here . There were so many. If you spent money to go to the beach to cool off, you would have been disappointed.

Tomorrow we go and buy Fred`s scooter. I have to admit I am a lil curious. Maybe I will give it a go.

Still very humid. This weekend is the Sailfest downtown and if it stays like this, I will miss another year. I will go at night for the fireworks but I cannot handle the heat and humidity head on during the day. It makes me sick. I guess that will be a good thing...I will not be tempted by fried dough with cinnamon and sugar on top..Mmmm! Fred promised me that he will not eat a sausage and pepper sandwich..LOL Nat will be watching.

Going to go out soon and water the garden, do some housework, and read. Tonight for dinner is stuffed clams.

I need to run to the post office, Lowe's and Walmart for errands, then i'm coming back here and digging thru my tons of boxes of minis in the basement. I have a couple of things I need to find. I also need to clean the bathroom and vacuum today. Fun fun.

I have been working on painting the trim/railings on the Granville the past couple of days. It's very time consuming. I doubt i'll get to it today but I want to have it finished and ready to install on friday.

Packing packing packing... Everything goes on Saturday! Today I've finished the bathroom, including cleaning and vaccuming it. Currently working on the 'everything' room. It is guest room, dressing room, library, storage room, ..... It is also where we've been stacking packed things, but its so full (also with empty boxes) that I could hardly move. So all the packed stuff and empty boxes get put in the bathroom while I finish the rest of the stuff and dismantle the shelves. After that room's done i'll do the bedroom. Haven't started it yet, but it only has the bed, bedside tables and a smaller chest of drawers, so i'm hoping that'll be quick enough.

Hopefully Chris'll be back home soon to work on the sitting room (where all his papers and books from his teaching are spread out).

All the minis, apart from the paints and building desk, went last weekend - cleared a BIG space! amazing what you can accumulate in less than a year! And we're working our way through the freezer. New flat is 3 hours away so stuff would melt during transportation.

Did you get a game of Mini Golf in last night Heidi?

I haven't done any mini-ing in the last month, I miss it! Looking forward to unpacking and getting going again at the new flat.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Oh yes Muriel, we played. It was fun (as usual). We do not score really. We start too and then we get kinda goofy and just score the hole in ones and the 2 pars..LOL. When the ball nicks the cup, the whole place looks at us cause we are yelling at the ball...ROFL

Very fun activity with and without kids. Our local city mascot is a whale..(we are an old whaling city) and the course has a hole where you have to hit the ball into a HUGE whales mouth and it shoots water out of its spout. It comes out the back end toward the hole. Funny watching everyone look at the whales booty..LOL

Going to buy the scooter this morning. :lol:

I woke up early because of the heat and I have NO :o in the house...grrrrr.. Drinking water for now. I have to remember to get a new filter for the Brita pitcher. We have all gotten so used to the difference in the taste of the water now since we bought it. So today will be an interesting day.

Enjoy your scooter buying! hope it is fun. I have to get back into the habbit of filtering water again. I have the jug and filter, but forget to fill it, then just use tap water, and it kinda gets forgotten. Our new flat has a nice big space in the door i think, so may try and keep it in there for cold water.

It is such miserable weather here! it has been raining solidly and heavily since I got up about 7 (it is 2pm now) and will do for the rest of the day until around 3am tomorrow morning! then its grey all day, before rain returns for Friday. Just hoping the it takes a break on Saturday for moving (forecast says showers Saturday, before rain returns sunday night for the next week)

I owe Chris a game of mini golf still, hopefully we'll fit it in sometime before we finally leave on the 26th, even if it is that day on the way to the new flat! We keep score, both too competitive not too :o

Muriel :lol:

I'm determined to finish my trim on the granville today. I don't have any errands to run today so I can get started much earlier. So i'm hoping to get the trimfrailing paint completed today and get the foundation started. I want to be able to wallpaper this weekend.

Muriel,

We have (cough cough..I have) filled that water filter every single day since I bought it. Fred and Natalie were not water drinkers. Now they are. I am worried a bit about the fact that we are missing on the fluoridation that is in our water (strong teeth) but I am glad that they are drinking water instead of juice. Nat has actually noticed some weight loss.

I always loved mini golf. And we do not take it seriously which is great. Just a nice 1/2 hour or so to laugh, soak up some air, and enjoy each others company. I recommend it to anybody who wants some great family time.