What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

It says in your blog that the trim is cream... What other colours are you using? Or is it a secret?

lol...not at all. i'm using a maroonish color called cranberry, a color called linen...although i may decide to change that to a slightly darker color. I also bought another color just in case I need one more color, it's a darker sage color, can't remember the name.

Got the scooter and he is already gone..LOL

He was called into work early. Tomorrow I have to drain the oil tank and replace it with synthetic oil. I said I because I know that is what will happen. I have to check to see if I have to correct socket first.

It is a Wildfire brand. He got this ONE in blue. His is larger in size then this one because he is tall. The one shown seats only one, his can seat two. So he has more leg room. This one says larger gas tank, his only takes 1 gallon of gas.

We got him a helmet and sunglasses. He took off! LOL

I am a bit jealous. He has a new toy and I do not. Well okay, I have the computer but you cannot feel the wind in your hair unless you direct the fan right at your face.

I forgot to mention that the guy that sold us the scooter is a motorcycle repairman. He put them all together. He even told us how to change the oil, etc. If we have any major problems just give him a call but he said most things we can fix ourselves.

Ugh, my feet hurt! Yesterday my feet hurt at the end of the day, but today they already hurt at lunch time! Not entirely sure how I'll get through to the end of the packing! Done the bedroom and about half the kitchen... quite a bit is staying in the kitchen for a few more weeks while Chris works here still.

Did Fred enjoy his scooter? Are you getting on well with your Mac Heidi?

:)

Did Fred enjoy his scooter? Are you getting on well with your Mac Heidi?

:(

Did and does enjoy it very much. He went to fill the gas tank yesterday and he gave the guy a $5 and told him to let him fill until it stops...It cost him $2.45 to fill it..(half a tank). It cost me $20 to put a half a tank in the car! :)

Oh yes, the Mac became very easy once we all got the hang of it. I should have never worried. With all the tips from users on here and a little investigation...It is great. You can find things so easily. You know when you misplace something on a PC and you have to search and search? Not so on a Mac..very easy to find everything.

The only thing that stinks is I want to get some games but there are no local stores that sell Mac formatted ones. So I will have to buy online.

Yesterday I bumped my toe into the floor fan. At first I thought it was just stubbed, until it swelled and bruised about the size of a quarter on the top, bottom and side of where my baby toe connects to the foot. By bedtime the bruised area had grown to the size of a quarter. This morning the entire bruised area covers from the area between where the big toe meets the next toe to underneath the little toe and half way up the top of my foot toward my ankle. I do not think I will be able to get a shoe on it to go job hunting for at least a week. Am spending today with my foot up as much as possible.

Melissa

I finally got to get back to work on Ernie's Bus. I put heavy wheels under it that I got off a yard sale find. There will be 3 separate sections inside. I got the inside ceilings in & tomorrow I hope to run the wire through it.

Steve

Today was a bit frantic. I had an emergency root canal this am and had to take one of my pups to the vet this afternoon. He has been off his food. Now on a bland diet and I had to do some hamburger and rice mix for him. Both have to go back tomorrow him for a follow up and her for a couple of bumps to check for mass cell tumors. I am exhausted and slightly woosey. Heading to bed now.

Hmmm, well today I had alot lined up. I got the dishwasher loaded and run. I've had 2 cups of tea and i've played on the internet all morning. it's almost noon and i haven't done much. a lazy day so far.

i'm off to install the windows in the Granville! I guess i'll finish painting the trim today as well and hopefully get it installed tomorrow. I wallpapered yesterday and still need to finish 3 walls but I didn't have enough paper so i had to order more. The house is looking so much better! I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the foundation. I found my magic stone webbing yesterday but I don't think I have enough. I don't know what i've done with the powder either and since the foundation needs so much touch up work with spackle, i think i may just spackle/texture the foundation and paint it. Lots less trouble. I'll try to get photos today and post them under my blog by this evening. :blink:

I checked out some washing machines while DH was over in the plumbing department setting up a service call.

Last night, as I was getting ready to go to bed, I saw water running out of one of the kitchen ceiling light fixtures. There were no puddles anywhere upstairs and we realized the water was probably coming from a drain that led off the washing machine. DH cut power to the kitchen lights and that was that.

This morning we moved the washer, and also found out that one of the hoses had a huge bubble and could have burst at any time. DH cut several holes in the wall hoping to find the leak, but it was all dry. Seems it's below floor level, so now we need a plumber and my kitchen ceiling is going to get cut open. The kitchen was just redone 2 years ago. Now I have a mess in the laundry room and soon another one in the kitchen.

BIG PHOOEY!!!!

I'm getting a new washer anyway...the old one was 15-16 years old and I've been turning the thing on using an old sock since the knob snapped off a few months ago.

Also, I've finished making some things to sell and will be adding them to New England Miniatures soon. I must admit, I really like they way they turned out.

Just got back from a camping trip. My brother called me at 10 am yesterday and invited me to go camping, i only had a couple of hours to find my camping gear, buy groceries/ice and to fill up my gas tank. I alllmost took my fishing pole but decided against it since I didn't have time to stop and get a fishing license. So we drove 2 hours away to a lovely area in the Uinta mountains. Unfortunately the friends of my brother chose a spot that although was on the river, it was up on a cliff. :) so it was a pain to get down to the river, but it was still nice. I sure wish I had brought my pole and bought that license! Several people were fishing and I just dug in the river for gold nuggets. That was entertaining :) I like do that it's relaxing even tho i never find anything...lol...Anyway one of the women was river fishing for the first time and refused to bait her hooks, or take the fish off the hook when she caught them. I was standing by to assist :) I don't mind that at all, or gutting them for that matter. Anyway, that was nice and relaxing. It was soooooooooo cold last night due to the elevation that we all had a miserable time sleeping and we all got very little sleep. my asthma and allergies really made this hard as well. I'm so tired right now....still enjoyed the trip, but it's not really worth driving that distance to stay 1 night. The part I didnt' enjoy really was that I didn't know most of the people we were camping with and a couple of them really drank alot...one of them got VERY drunk and loud and wouldn't shut up. He wasn't a mean drunk, just an obnoxious a** who loves the sound of his own voice. That coupled with alcohol intake is hard to listen to. Then of course when we all went to bed he was out barfing every 10 minutes. My tent was in the same area as theirs. His wife was mad and embarrased and I felt sorry for her. I don't think i'll go with them again. I like my brothers friend and his wife, kids but i dont' actually like camping in a large group or with people that drink. Well, it's okay for a little alcohol, but not to have to put up with people getting drunk. I'm not a snob really, i like to drink a glass of wine now and then, i just chose not to hang around partiers. Anyway, we broke camp pretty early and here I sit. We didn't even make our usual large breakfast and coffee. I had to lay my tent out in the yard when i got home so that it can completely dry off...that is also unual, we never leave in that big of a hurry. I really love camping up in the Uintas, its a real treat and pleasure, but this trip just wasn't the best. It was nice to get away tho, this is the first time i've been up in the mountains this year!

I havent posted to this thread in awhile seeing I havent had alot of computer time between the kids and all of our little mini vactions we have planned for this summer and the usual life things working and all of the above. Iam currently going on 9 days straight of working without a day off and this wednesday we are leaveing to go camping at Darien Lake the kids are very excited so am I. During July 4 we went camping and we had a blast! I also bought a new digital camera but havent figured out how to get the pictures on my computer yet. I took some really nice picutres(will post link to them soon.) I havent had much time to mini but hopefully I will soon.

My oldest son is at camp he left yesterday ! I pick him up on Thursday !

Today I am cleaning and getting the trash r eady. Trash man may be upset with me after today !! I intend to have alot for him.!!

Kellee

We have been very busy this week making a psuedo lanai for my garden on the deck. It's very hot there with much sun which streams in my dining and kitchen windows and we cannot put anything permanent on there due to the snow load in winter. So we got some shade cloth and some posts and PCV pipe and made a framework attached to the deck with tie-down rope and clamps - we have to get more good clamps today. And now my plants will not be wilting and burning up in the hot sun. And the orchids in the dining room are getting the light they need plus the air and are happy again! I took the picture at 5AM so it's a bit dark. I love this little place. Doug says next year we will get another shade cloth and have this lanai go from the corner of the house to the back porch on the south side - thereby effectively shading that whole side of the house downstairs.

You might be wondering why I am not so front and center lately. I am okay. It is just the heat and humidity. It does a number on me and my brain isnt as focused as it usually is. Taking lots of cool showers and hanging out in front of the fan. We use the AC when it is super hot but trying to conserve energy and money.

I took Perla to her former owners house for a visit. She was a lady. She gave them love and attention but she made sure to come back to Natalie and I to show her allegiance. They noticed the change in her demeanor. Not as nippy..more kissy.

I know have her rabies paperwork so she can get a three year instead of a one year this coming sunday. Petco charges $15 for the shot.

Tomorrow is my Gyno appt. Soooo looking forward to that..NOT. I had the surgeon send over my surgery report so that the gyno knows what I had removed and just does not assume I do not know what I am talking about. They arent there anymore so it is not like he will have a visual reference.

After Tracy`s post about the homemade ice cream, I made sorbet this weekend. I used raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. It was really good. I only strained half the concoction because we like a bit of crunch from the seeds.

So I am alive and well..just a little bit melted.

Heidi, you are a wonder! The heat is now rising here as well. I too don't do heat very well. And cooking just wilts me. I've been making coleslaw, potato salad and all sorts of things now in the middle of the night, so we can eat "cool" during the day. When I get overheated I also get crabby and a bit (OK, more than a bit) short-tempered and am liable to lash out! Doug just sleeps during the heat of the day, but I can't do that.

I make tons of ice tea and iced coffee now as that's about all I can drink in the summer. We use our Soda Club things more now too. I sit out on our swing in the cool of the morning with Doug and then around 10AM close up the house so it stays cooler inside. But not cool enough. We have now set up the A/C in the bedroom and that helps. We have fans elsewhere to blow the air around. But cooling the house at night and then shutting it all down works for us.

I make tons of ice tea and iced coffee now as that's about all I can drink in the summer. We use our Soda Club things more now too. I sit out on our swing in the cool of the morning with Doug and then around 10AM close up the house so it stays cooler inside. But not cool enough. We have now set up the A/C in the bedroom and that helps. We have fans elsewhere to blow the air around. But cooling the house at night and then shutting it all down works for us.

We do that too. I close up the house (windows, shades) in the morning and then I blast the AC for about an hour or two. It cuts out the humidity in the downstairs. Then I turn it off and DARE anyone to open the front door. It makes it feel much better.

Then in the evening, if the dewpoint is below 70, I will open up the windows and doors to let the cooler night air in.

I just realized that I havent really talked that much. Last Saturday the girls and I went to the matinee and saw Wall-E. It is a really good movie. $5 for a ticket, smuggle in a bottle of water, and air conditioning! I was in heaven.

As for cooking Gina, I sacrifice my happiness some nights for food! LOL Tonite is Chicken Diablo. I have the breasts marinating since yesterday in the fridge. I have to get some Angel hair pasta for it later on. There is this pasta place that makes it..OMG! and they posted the recipe in the local paper. So Fred is in dinner heaven today.

I feel great! Andrew got up early today (he sleeps during the day) so I started cleaning. Got both bathrooms done, put away 2 loads of laundry (still have more to do), vacuumed the kitchen floor, cleaned out the fridge (threw away stuff, didn't wash it out), moved the fridge and vacuumed behind and under it, edge vacc'd, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. Changed the sheets on the bed, washed the quilt. Andrew is doing the main vacuuming now. The house looks great and I feel like so great about this! This is the most work I've done in weeks! There is so much more to be done but I feel happy at this amount. I'll run the weedeater tomorrow since it's supposed to be overcast outside. After that, i'll just relax and enjoy the rest of my week off.

We worked on our lanai again today...strengthening things. All we need are three more clamps. It is 89 here today with a very strong 30 mph hot dry wind. I've got the house closed and darkened and am drinking iced coffee by the gallon - which keeps me up at night - but it's soooo refreshing.

Earlier I sat outside in the cool morning breezes drinking HOT coffee as it was only 45 to 50 degrees. Our days start cool and then turn to boiling later on..... This is where I sit early in the cool of the morning. I took this picture at 5:30 this morning then sad down and read for a couple of hours as Doug was sleeping in....... I'm please with my shade cloth enclosure....it is wonderful, simple and easy to manage.

Now I'm all hot and tired. Doug has gone down to get the mail and perhaps those clamps. I was too hot to get in the car. I don't do heat well.

Marg, I cleaned the bathrooms yesterday too. I had a much deserved cool shower afterward.

Love what you have done on the deck Gina. Off to the gyno this morning. Going to ask for some blood work on my hormone levels while I am there.

Working in the garden this morning while it's still relatively cool and shady. Still trying to figure out a display base for the statue we purchased a few weeks ago. I can't wait to have her in place.

It's cool and foggy this morning, typical summer morning weather here in the SF Bay Area. Out the door at 6:45 to walk Penny - great way to start the day. She loves our walks, and now that Banner is gone (cancer, age 10) they're more important than ever.

Working in the garden this morning, finishing a flagstone installation and watching my tiger lilies for the first open bloom. They share a space with Crocosmia "Lucifer" and I love the combination of red and orange. The sunflowers are outdoing themselves, and the sweet peas are still beautiful and fragrant. I have to cut back some clematis that's trying to take over the world, but it's a small flowered variety that looks like a white carpet when it blooms on the fence, so it's worth keeping. It's just a little rambunctious!

I'm trying to figure out how to use up some 12x12 concrete pavers as plant stands - make them look different from all the others I've used. One paver with pot feet under it and a nice round pot on top looks great - the more pavers in the stack, the less beautiful the result. Any ideas?

Have a great day and stay cool any way you can! The sun will be out here soon and I'll be looking for the shade.

Carol

This morning, it's heavily overcast and very very smoky. We don't have any major fires here yet, so this must be coming in from California. We are supposed to have a bad storm later on with lightening and thunder. Went out early and checked the plants and lanai, and all is well. So I shall spend the day working ona small project or two and maybe if I feel like it, I will clean up the kitchen. And vacuum....lots of "stuff" on the floor in the living room....LOL