What are you up to today? This week?

Stress headaches are no fun! I hope you're feeling better soon! I'm going to try to take a cat nap before work and see what happens.

Maintaining is my biggest downfall, and it's worse since the mini-bug has bitten. I'm determined to work on this mess on my next day off. Maybe I'll get lucky and find the "safe" place I put the lights for the Adams. :lol:

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• havanaholly

• KathieB

• heidiiiii

• Anna

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started laying pavers in our front yard yesterday. My DW doesn't like walking in the grass from the car to the front steps, so we're getting about a dozen pavers that look like cobblestone, each pa

The appointment with the osteo went very well. He looked, listened and paid attention and when I had questions, he answered them. And when I asked him if he saw the root cause he immediately said,

Good morning! Little Jude came ahead of his scheduled c-section date and arrived yesterday! He is so incredibly wonderful, sweet baby slept in peoples arms all day long yesterday.

Posted Images

Sort of pacing (sp???) here as I found the X-file dollies :lol: I want to a very reasonable price but no mentioning if the seller is willing to ship abroad, mailed him/her whatever last night and no reply so far, and only about another 12 hours or so to go... LOL Hopefully I will hear from them soon, as there are no other bidders just yet...

Hugs

Great. How hot does it get in Sweden? I always wonder how hot your part of the globe gets this time of year? Do you have a short growing season?

We are in the southern parts of Sweden (Scania) so we have very mild seasons compared with the northern parts. We do have a good growth season, the potatoes generally goes into the ground around 1st of May... This region is also reffered to as the grain shed of Sweden LOL it has very rich soils and well tempered as well as that is if fairly easily maintained, for the farmer that is.

We do get temps around 80-100F in the summers, not for very long spells but a few days here and there and then mostly around the low 80s. The month of May and late August are generally the months with "best" weather, ie warmest and sunniest. Way up north we can enjoy the northern lights, or is that the Aurora Borrealis? It is light almost the whole day and night now and in the winter the sun barley shows itself so it evens out so to speak.

The fall is a wonderful season when the leaves turn into all those wonderful bright colours and then the winter can be so so, it can get really cold a few days/weeks but usually not that long down here, and then come spring with lots and lots of rain...

All in all, we have a fairly easy weather, a few storms now and again but nothign compared to the hurricanes and the likes rain is also rather common but...

Hugs

today is a lazy day

we have miss pixie here again...it is now our weekend routine to pick her up for a night of cartoons or a movie with junk food and nannie and papaw rules. she spends the night and we swim...she is getting to be quite a good swimmer. and I love spending time with her now that there are no diapers involved. the parents get upset with me for not taking the little man but really I am just NOT into the whole diaper/cant tell ya want they want thing....when he is bigger he WILL have sleepovers at nannies...I am not showing favortism....

yesterday Dean and I went to the movies and saw the new Batman movie...we LOVED it and as a huge heith ledger fan I want to tell you he was fantastic in his role! he creeped me OUT it was good! than grocery shopping for all my diet needs and pick up miss thang. last night we had friends over....but it rained so no night swim for us :spar: or hanging out in the gazeebo but the kids had fun.

yanno Heidi...I have had the same issues with my in-laws...his sister used to live 3 blocks away...they would go there every sunday afternoon and NEVER come and see us or our children.

but in the end I have the last laugh....my kids are better adjusted than the rest of them and doing something positve with their lives.

as for cleaning for them...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no way...the house gets a once over no matter who is comming...I will not do more for them than I would do for folks I really care about opinions.

because their opinion of me and my house isnt going to change...so I dont bother now after more than 25 yrs of being part of their family....does your in-laws know how to spell your name???

or your daughters??? mine dont. we get misspelled names at Christmas every year!

LOL about 15 yrs ago this pissed me off so much I quit encluding my name...I now sign all card going to his family...Dean and family....I always feel a little evil when I do this and it makes me SMILE! :D :lol:

does it count that while Im at work I dream about minis???

nutti B)

Lynette,

I screwed up! I answered the phone thinking it was Natalie`s best boyfriend calling cause he came home from a summer visit to Virginia...It was my MIL!

They are going to a Powwow today and afterward..(around 7pm I think she said) she is coming to visit! OMG! I thought they left last night! HELP ME!

ROFL.

I was going to paint the POM..all POM all the time.

In the almost 20 yrs we have had children, she has sent them a christmas card each with $10 in it..once. She has lots of gk but ours seem to get forgotten.

awe poor kid!

well I would do as much as it makes you feel prepared and than I would paint whatever POM is and try to enjoy my day.

hopefully it isnt your house they want to see.

I am making a spinach bake for work today and getting ready to take the pIxanator out back to the pool for some swimming.

try not to stress over folks who dont care about YOU!

save it for those who DO!

HUGGGZZZZ

nutti :lol:

When she comes have an icebag handy to put on your forehead and a heating pad for your neck. Tell her you are planning on making a dr. appointment for your Horrendous headaches.

If she sticks around ask her to get you a cup of water, then when she gets settled again ask her to get you more ice..........

Get the idea.

Once When I was first married I hid my dirty dishes from my mil in my oven.

Please dont get me started on the In Laws ! IT has been going on since we got married in 1994.~

Anyway, Today, Zach(youngest son) has a Dentist appt.

Then I have to take our truck to a friends house to have the waterpump done on it.! THank Goodness that was all it is.. we thought it was a rod knocking and the while engine would have to be rebuilt.!

Then I am going to the hardware store for some 2 x 4's to make me a big shelf to hold all my mini stuff and the boys toys in the basement.!!

Then I am going to sit down and relax!

Hugs

Kellee

Then I have to take our truck to a friends house to have the waterpump done on it.!

Hugs

Kellee

You should have them do the timing belt while they are in there. Those two things always go together.

She came, she stayed, she left. MIL and Fred`s aunt came. I was polite and gave them a beverage. Then we sat and listened while they gossiped about the family. At first I had nothing to say then it came around to the scooter...(she is gonna think we have money) so I explained about our plan with doing the roof, new computer, etc.

His family has this mindset that if you live in a house..you MUST have money. They even said that too us once!

We exchanged pictures and I gave her one of my (walmart) cactus` from outside. I let her pick. I have so many that it didn't hurt to give away.

It stormed all day yesterday! This cold front was coming in and the thunderstorms hugged the coastline..so literally it rained and thundered and lightening ALL DAY starting at 4am. We would get brief breaks but I actually became immune to it after awhile. (i am a bit scared of thunderstorms)

Since I stressed a bit about MIL and it ruined my weekend..today is my lazy day! I am not cleaning anything.

LOL

we solved the inlaw problem when we moved hundreds and hundreds of miles away!!!

Today Chainsaw Steve is at our house. He and his crew are cutting trees.

Here's the guy working on tre # 2.

IMGP3497.jpg

And here's the top of tree # 3 hanging down. they had a little problem when one of the ropes got caught in the woods behind the house, but they got it down safely.

IMGP3500.jpg

Right now I can hear them cutting tree # 4.

I got a lotta trees, these are the ones we worry could fall on the house in a good storm. of course, my friend who lives on Dead Pine Cemetary rd. tells me pines can fall over just because they get tired of standing up. The name of her street comes from the woods full of dead pines, not graves.

In laws!! They can drive a person nuts. Living hundreds of miles away from mine doesn't help. They call in the monring and say they are arriving that afternoon and don't get here until after 11pm as they had to, "get heir hair done, mow the lawn, do this or do that first." My sister-in-laws treat my husband like he is so mistreated when they don't see him. Poor boy! (No wonder his brother has been divorced 3 times. In law interference! ) They have to fuss over him so he can be cared for!!!! They have to be waited on and talk only about themselves. They have never made me feel like a member of the family as I enjoy going to church, gardening, pets, camping instead of drinking, smoking and staying out all night. One calls my husband all the time to borrow money (she drank hers all up) and makes him feel guilty when I say "NO!!" I have been married only once, thats to their brother, instead of being divorced 3 times so they feel nothing in common with me. Each year my husband, who is really a sweetie, and I have to have the "discussion "of why part of our yearly vacation has to be spent visiting them. When I was newly married I gave in all the time, after 15 years of marriage I just let him go. Now after 38 years of marriage,as we get older he doesn't like the drive alone and wants me to go along and can't understand why I balk at going. I might give in this year as one sister is dying of throat cancer..but after this my feet are firmly planted in the ground. No visiting until after i have been to all the places I want to see and that will take years.

I succumbed and finally turned the ac on . Supposed to be the week from h-e-double toothpicks here. Humidity will be unbearable. I have to water the gardens (I sell at a farmers market) today. Now that the sun is setting earlier I can get back to working on my Garfield and the Adobe House and if it is too uncomfortable to be outside during the day, I will just have to be working on minis instead. Rita

The only in law I have is my son in law. He is very easy going. I've never seen him angry or even raise his voice. The rest have either died or whatever. It would be awful to have to deal with a bunch of them all the time. This week I've been finishing my Alison Jr and trying to sort all my mini stuff which got all messed up when it had to be moved out of the biggest room. Thursday I see an attorney for a free consultation at the Senior Center. I'm not getting my hopes up this time and will just go with whatever advice he gives me. I should get back to working on the Beacon Hill but I'm not ready yet. The Alison Jr was almost finished before the flood so it was easier to just finish it than start something new.

I am off to visit with my mum today, it will be nice to have an afternoon together, it is a two hour round trip's drive, but we will have some fun!

Hopefully do some mini shopping >keeping fingers crossed<

Hugs

I watched a movie yesterday and the ending really p.o.ed me. Has anyone else seen The Mist? Not the dog movie but the one adapted by the Steven King novella.

It was not the greatest movie but I was getting into it...then the ending! OMG. I will not spoil just in case anyone else has not seen it.

Going to go jeans shopping for school today. I have been picking up supplies at Walmart for pencils, pens, etc already.

Sorry, didn't see The Mist, but I do hate stupid endings. I've found myself screaming at the TV once in a while "What?What? You've got to be kidding me!"

Today I had a mishap. I've got this favorite pair of shorts, old and comfy, look ok on me and it doesn't matter if I forget and wipe a paintbrush off on them.

I was doing laundry yesterday, and tossed the shorts up on top of the washer til I had a chance to hang them somewhere to dry. Later I hung them up.

This afternoon I went to do another load of wash and found my shorts had a huge bleached white blotch on them. I panicked, figuring one of the menfolk had moved a bleach bottle and splashed some on my shorts and maybe on something else. But the bleach was still up on the wire shelf over the washer. I touched the top corner of the washer and it was damp. I lifted the bleach bottle and looked on the underside. There was a pinprick of a hole with a tiny drop forming. I figured maybe I should rinse the shorts, but when I held them under the faucet, I saw a dark spot appear,.....a hole. A big hole. goodby favorite shorts.

Ugh..I am sick.

Last night I started having a teeny weeny cough and was clearing my throat. I just woke up and my throat hurts! A bit swollen but it really hurts. Just took a couple acetem. to help it feel better. My ears hurt too.

I hope Fred does not have it, he was coughing a bit last night also.

So that is my day..nothing but orange juice and bad tv.

Get well soon Heidi, it is so not fun to be under the weather in midst of the summer!

And speaking of weather, we are in for a thunder storm as it seems so I am off the puter for a "while"...

Made it to the mini shop yesterday, and well umm, I am sooo spoilt nowadays with all the klovley choices one have around here! It was fun though seeing mum's reaction to all the mini stuff avaliable there, not a big room, a small room but with lots of minis crammed in there. Hard to take it all in at once I bet. Me, I went, umm, looks nice, not what I am looking for, and yeah do you have this in... Sheesh!

Did get home with a tiny bag of "necessities" and a few trim pieces and only spent about 30 dollars...

Well, here the thunder now so I am off!

Hugs

I hope you are feeling better soon Heidi.

Lots of stuff I should be doing, don't want to do any of it. Almost finished my son's aphgan. ( SP?) I am hoping to get at least one more done before Christmas. ( 4 kids) No way I can get all four like I hoped. The oldest are just going to wait until next year. I have been slowly working on my minis. I have to post some pics. I'm trying to finish up the ones I have now and not start anymore. I completely changed the inside of the Sunshine Cottage. It's now an 80's house. Full of things I remember from growing up. I am even doing an addition that will be removable.

I went out to the pharmacy to pick up *cold* supplies. Tissues, Aleve, zinc lollipops, and a couple *Enquirer* type magazines.

Then I went to the library. Picked up the newer version of Pride and Prejudice dvd, 4 gardening books, and a couple newer cookbooks that just came out.

I am all set to veg out on the couch and hope this all blows over soon.

I'm making kingfishers and cockerels then I will cook dinner later. We're having... umm I have no idea what we're having actually.

After I will be spending some time working on my BH and then making more cockerels.

Wonderful day weather wise here. Since I garden for clients and sell veggies at a farmers market I am outside all the time. While I always get to be outside when it is a nice day I also have to be out in the heat and humidity which wears me out. i like the sunny days with a cooling breeze the best. Today I gardened at a lake home and the sounds of the boats and loons was very nice to listen to while I pruned shrubs, pulled weeds and did the fertilizing. Before going to work I organized a bit in the house. In summer it just gets a lick and a promise now and then and I was getting tired of the laundry basket sitting in the middle of the living room. The dog has started to use it for her naps! Now I have to think of something for supper. I think a pasta salad and grilled chicken breasts sound good. We have had very little rain in Minnesota this summer and I have to water the garden so I am going out now to put the sprinkler on. Rita