What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I've managed to assemble a Chrysonbon Kitchen Hutch and Ice box. I've also applied the first coat of poly to the House of Miniature's Dower Chest and the legs of the couch. Still have to wait for it to dry (it's so humid here) so I can sand it and apply another coat. I assembled a Housework's Rocking Cradle as well. Still waiting on that coat to dry too!

Back home after having had the last day of school with the kids and it was such a lovley assembly with all the singing, choirs, speeches etc etc and then had the coffee with the rest of the teachers and now I am all ready to go and collect my mini order, -_- of trims and roof tiles etc etc....

So.... if I am silent for a while it is because I am having fun with the Easy Cutter and Mr LE Arthur!

Hugs

Today is Father`s day in our house. Fred got stuck working this weekend. We are going to go out to dinner (cheap pizza place), and we all want to see The Happening tonite at the movies.

The roofers are done...There is peace in the Middleofmyhead now. LOL

You should have seen all the women and teen girls that were hanging out in our neighborhood this week. Everyone had female friends visiting and they all seemed to want to take walks down our street..LOL

Awww! The young, tanned, shirtless 20 yr old guys are gone now. I hope they took a picture.

ASA the AM commuter traffic dies back DH & I are off to the USMC Museum at Quantico, then stop back by The Wheel House to pick up the food from the freezer, the cooking spray, my Indian spices and the bag with all our meds in it that I left yesterday. I'm cooking quail and pulau for dinner tonight.

Still cleaning up my shop after doing the Magic Shoppe project. I was surprised to see that after I moved some piles of 'stuff' from under my work tables, I have room to put shelves so I can organize my junk ! I have the wood cut out back & just have to put it together, if the rain holds off.

I have 2 mini projects started & had to turn down another job. A local historical group wanted a mini of a 1875 iron furnace & surrounding buildings. They didn't realize how big this would be & the cost of doing it. Also, I think this was more than I wanted to get into.

Other than all this, 'someone' gave me a 'Honey-Do' list !

Have a nice day

Steve

Right now, awaiting paint to dry and hubby to move away from the computer upstairs so that I can load the pics I took of the bed I made to look like the Carl Larsson bed, my own interpretation though...

And I have been out back on my porch scrubbing it clean from two eggs that had sort of "landed" there.... Sort of as in thrown there... >sigh< well, kids and beer.... Good thing I did see the eggs as soon as I did so that it didn't dry on the wood, but sheesh now my hands and wrists are tired!

Hugs

My house is a mess and I am in a mood. Going to crack the whip today. The girls will not like me but I really do not care. Time to help MOM. I found a pair of socks on the floor in the kitchen..????

There are still boxes everywhere from the computer...vacumming, dirty dishes, clothes..

Ugh! I am glad it is not hot today.

Are we in a phase of the moon that stifles all common sense in teens? Gabriela -- I'll be 18 in November and I'm a fanatic recycler to save the planet (read: "I stuff all of the garbage from my room into the recycle bin no matter if it's recyclable or not") and I know it ALL - flew into a hissy fit yesterday because I told her she could not use the wash machine to wash one bathmat. "But I'll set the load for small!" Why did she need to waste water and electricity to wash one bathmat? There was a drop of blood on it. One drop, no bigger than the tip of my finger. I took it out of the machine, rinsed off the blood in the sink and gave it back to her to wash with the rest of her towels whenever she gets around to it. Her reaction? I'm a power hungry control freak whose main life goal is to run her life. Super ego on steroids?

I'm ready to put her out of the house when she turns 18 so she can find out what being responsible for herself is all about.

On the brighter side, Lloyd and I are going to see Cats! this afternoon with my 11-year-old goddaughter who wants to be Ginger Rogers when she grows up and her mom. Mollie doesn't know she's going. She thinks her dad is going with us and she's been jealous all week. Finding out the truth should bring a lot of smiles. :)

OMG! Kathie...do you live in MY house?

Chelsea is a eco-freak also...Doesn't help either that we now have the Green channel. Her and Natalie keep putting stuff in the recycle bin that does not belong there. They figure because it is plastic..it is recyclable but not everything is. Because of that, I got a sticker put on my bin from the garbage collectors for misplacing certain items that they do not take.

She got angry...at me!

Dont get me wrong. We need to be more *green* but I hate the Nazi-mentality of some people (my kid included). She has a friend that says she will not associate with anyone that she finds out does not recycle! LOL

Do they understand that a healthy earth means your house should be clean also? I have issues with them putting a couple things in the washing machine and running it like a full load.

If you do have the Green Channel in your area now...a funny show is called Living with Ed. It is about Ed Begley Jr. He lives with his wife and daughter. The wife cannot stand how FAR he goes with his environmentalism in their home.

Oh I forgot to mention something...

We went to see The Happening...with Mark Walberg. Save your money! It stinks. And it wasnt just us four that thought so.

At the end, you could hear the whole theater go..Huh?

I'm ready to put her out of the house when she turns 18
We had to do that with DS#1. It lasted through the last two months of his senior year of highschool and a month into the summer, when the one friend who got his mom to take our son in (after she called to ask why he was out on the street and still in school, and I told her) went off to college starting with the summer semester and he found out his fast-food restaurant job wasn't enough to pay rent on a furnished room, much less an apartment, so we rented him his old room (it's a LONG story and involved a LOT of "tough love") until he went off to Parris Island and learned why we did what we did the way we did it.

Today was the very first what I would call a warm day! We spent it outside putting the autopot hydroponic veggie garden in place in our little tomato grow house (on the deck) and I moved the earthboxes out onto the deck in the real; world. I will continue to cover my crops until they are big enough to withstand the cooler nights. Hooray! The snow is gone! I feel alive again!

Today I punched out my window/door trim pieces for the Adams dollhouse kit. Then I painted each piece. They're spread out drying right now. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can install my windows.

Pieces popped out like a hot knife through butter. Great kit.

-Susanne

Today I painted the third floor of my Pierce. I had stained it a beautiful dark color then I dripped white paint on it. Couldn't get it all off. *&^)(#@@## Well now it is a lighter shade of brown faux wood. Evenything else seems to be progressing well.

My mother got out of the hospital today. (she is 89) She had a bunch of tests and the all came out 100% good. That's a relief.

Have a good evening everyone. Do some mini work.

Yesterday DH & I spent the day at the Marine Corps Museum at Quantico. WOW!

Today we had rain so we spent the day collecting equipment & information and tomorrow we're taking DS#2 & fiancee paddling with us.

We started the morning with a wonderful 2 hours+ bike ride this morning but sheesh it was windy and about 20 minutes after we got indoors it started raining so we were luccky indeed and after that and lunch that is I have had some fun building the bench and chest for the Carl Larsson inspired bed I am making for the LE Arthur, right now the paint is drying and after that I will take some pics.

Hugs

Almost had a mini tragedy yesterday. Chelsea tripped and fell on the the Pomeroy house. She knocked two of the walls off the third floor section of the tower.

She was upset but I asked her how she was. Are you okay? Checked for blood and bruises. She is fine. Then I told her Thank you. She made it easier for me to get to that area when I want to paint and wallpaper.

Kid is more important then a dh.

Today is Father`s Day and Fred wants breakfast. Eggs and bacon. He has to work today so he doesnt get to celebrate in true daddy laziness.

Nat wants me to download music from CDs today to put in iTunes for her iPod. Not really in the mood but I said I would.

School is out on Tuesday....Ugh! A whole summer full of sisterly love and hate. Nat WILL be doing volunteer work this summer just to get her out of the house.

Oops..double posted.

LOL!

Good thing that Chels wasn't hurt and that you are able to sort of get soemthing good out of the accident! School is out here for the kids since Friday and I will have til midweek and on Thursday I too will have a happy holiday dance I can assure you that, esepcially since i have loads of trims etc for Mr LE Arthur...

Hugs

Well today we are cleaning up and studying!!

Alex has school Monday then exams over the next week and a half..I will be sooooo glad when that is done. I helped him a little last night for his final project. He had to do an artifact box for his final novel study and he decided to do it in mini :lol: We built a trunk out of pop sticks the used that lovely dremel to build swords, an axe, bows and arrows and he used sculpy to make a jaguar. All in all it turned out great and it was nice to see all the crafting stuff out and being used. The mess from the dremel was a drag however! Especially since I had washed and waxed the floors that day...note...dremel must be used in basement crafting area LOL

Well, I am on the hunt for a babysitter for 4 hours on Tuesday! :lol: I got my schedule for next week and when I compared it to my Mothers we both work on tuesday.! SHe usually goies in after 11 am.. but they scheduled her for 9am.!

I had it all arranged if both My Mother & I work then the boys would go to my neighbors house for a few, but, I have some problems with that right now.! Long story, I know she will be great with them... and she is a wonderful person but.... I am just dealing with so much right now I dont need to deal with anymore.! Ver long story.!

She has a little girl that she has babysat for since she was 6 months old... and my son and her play toghether perfect! So my neighbor always wants my youngest to come and play... the other day she madea comment to my mother that Zach must not like what we have for foods as he eats like a pig at her house. Zach says all he had was a bananna.! He ate a big bowl of cereal for breakfast, a ham & Cheese sandwich, chips and a drink plus a popsicle for lunch. and went to play in her little swimming pool after playing in the pool he ate a bananna.! I was not happy when I found out about the comment.

She later told me that zach eats alot at her house, but when I ask him he says he had a bananna or apple and a popsicle. I just dont appreciate her telling the other neighbors that he is eating like a pig at her house so we must not make foods he likes.! Because that is far from true, He eats here before he goes to her home. and I dont make anything that the boys dont like.! what would be the point in that ? to waste food.?

Kellee

I am sooo happy. As I was doing some real cleaning, I found my small CD case with all my cds in it! It has been misplaced for over a year!

Nat is making a face right now. I have the S.O.S. band blasting in the living room. Wait till I put Blondie and the Ramones on. She will be running for the hills.

Today DS is home so we're planning to head over to the camper and pick up the two Cannondale bikes (one is a tandem) and ride the bike trail from Ft Belvoir to Mt Vernon & possibly further.

We paddled three miles down & back at the Occoquan Reservoir yesterday & both the kids found out why we're such nits about using sunscreen.

We paddled three miles down & back at the Occoquan Reservoir yesterday & both the kids found out why we're such nits about using sunscreen.

I'm imagining two bright red people, rather uncomfortable when moving around, wishing they'd used more sunscreen! Awwww! well hopefully they'll remember for next time.

I've packed up the dollhouse rooms (just two beds, wardrobe and pool table didn't fit in the box, but they'll just get some bubble wrap and travel in the house I think).

Also done the books and dvds, and sorted through half my clothes. When I get past the empty boxes I'll sort the hanging up clothes next (and better put some laundry on).

Prospective parents-in-laws offered to hire and drive a van for us. When I moved my stuff down here from home we needed a transit van and it was full... since then we've added two desks, a double bed (can be flat-packed) a dollhouse table, two office chairs, a freezer and four dining room chairs to the lot, plus plenty of boxes that I already had down here. They just said something about it only being a transit van that they'd hired. I sure hope it is a long wheel based one!

With various commitments here (Portsmouth) and there (Cheddar), we'll be doing at least 5 return trips, so I guess I'll be taking lots of boxes in the car for each trip! :p Not looking forward to all that driving. It is 'only' 100 miles each way, but takes at least 2.5 hours because it is not highway roads.

Chris said 'thats ok, I'll sleep fine in the car' Oh no he won't! I gotta drive, so he's gotta keep me entertained! :p CD player doesn't work (well does work, but cd is stuck in it and won't come out) otherwise i'd get lots of books on cd from the library to listen to! Might have to work on getting it out, though I have tried before... maybe i'll take a screwdriver with me, see if I can take the whole contraption out...

Hope everyone had a good weekend and will have an excellent week!

Muriel ;)

Ypu've imagined correctly! Muriel. DS' burned areas (second degree) have turned purple and some swelling. I suggested icewater soaks, but we had picked up aloe vera gel last night and he's liberally dousing his burns with it. Quite obviously we've postponed plans to ride bikes today; just as well, part of the reason for eating out last night was that I was too tired to cook! and we found a store with FRESH tomatos! so I want to make a tomato pie.