What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I hope those Fires stay the heck away from you Gina!

I made the Chicken Diablo last night and it was sooo good that Fred and I ate it again for lunch. Going with my friend later to check out her new apartment that she moves into the end of the month.

I do not know what I will do today. I already went to the dr so that should be enough..right? LOL

Water veggies outside and have dishes to do. I think I will watch a movie with Natalie.

Last night I thought about teaching Natalie the family spaghetti sauce recipe. Cannot teach Chels this version because it has meat in it. That will be something we can do this weekend. Have to remember to pick up a lamb shank.

Today I finally got around to finishing my boyfriends birthday present. He really wants to attend Johnson and Wales to become a chef. So since he trives on the food network, I sent blank cards and prestamped and addressed envelopes to his favorite food network chefs, asking them to write a quick birthday note. I sent them out today even though his birthday isn't until September 21 because I want to make sure there is enough time to have them back. Other than that, I just have to finish the Beacon Hill dormer windows.

So DH finally talked me into playing WOW. Not sure if I like it, but it makes him happy. ( And I get to go kill stuff if I have a bad day lol) I have been slowly working on some mini projects. I need to post pics. I am waiting to get a sheet of plywood and have it cut so I can finish a few things. I have lots of things made just waiting for a place to put them.

Well today I have been catching up on all the chores I was to do yesterday. Yesterday was recovery from a Sunday disaster. A permanent bridge attached to three of my teeth broke and in the process the three teeth were broken off at the gum line. Spent 5 hours in the dentist office yesterday getting a temporary one and now face surgery and etc. Good thing the mess is recoverable (at huge costs to us) so future mini-ing purchases will be at "0"$. DH has been very supportive and sweet even though the long planned renovation of our guest bath will now go on indefinite hold and the money we had been saving will have to pay for it. Good thing is I have stashed enough stuff to complete most major projects I have on hand. The weather has been hot and humid here in central NY, so not much energy over the past week. Yesterday and today was beautiful and comfortable. DH was finally able to clean out, sweep and organize the garage while I went grocery shopping. I also cleaned out the closet in our bedroom. I have also been lugging things up to my loft that will become my major hobby area, but there is still so much more to move. Sigh! Life can be so unsettling at times.

Actually I am fine now. Yesterday was quite emotional and I was really stressed. I am adjusting to the temp bridge and trying to figure out what I can eat (or not!). There will probably be bouts of depression until I complete the surgery to extract the remaining roots and implants of the posts in the future weeks. One good thing I have lost seven pounds and hope this is the start of a good thing!!!!!

WOw, I sure hope you get it all done very soon.!

Well, Today My youngest & I drove about 45 minutes to pick up a handmade dollhouse.! Pics are in my gallery!!! and it is really neat, made of balsa wood.!

My oldest son is at camp until Thursday. I miss him!

I have been cleaning house and doing laundry all week. Tomorrow I need to clean up the living room adn get the San Fran looked at.! It got upset when I put 2 different colors of blue on to try them out.!

Kellee

Laundry, laundry and more laundry... >sigh< but the good thing is that in between I can do a little bit of this and alittle bit of that...

Hugs

Feeling kinda yucky today. Glad i have a therapy session tomorrow. Need a pick me up in the talking realm.

I think the stress of this coming winter is getting to me a bit. It is all I think about lately. I do have money stashed away, back up plans in case we need to borrow for oil, and a strong plan for weatherization but I am not dealing very well. This is how I am. If something stressful happens, I wig out..LOL Not guys in white coats with butterfly nets but shutting down kind. Too much going on at once. I can be very strong when something happens right now but impending doom sucks the life right out of me.

I was figuring it was the heat that was making me kind of mute but I think I know better then that. Plus waiting for the test results from the gyno.

I wish it would just go away. I want to work on a dolllhouse so bad in my body but my brain says Nahh! You want to sit on the couch and play guitar hero.

Okay..my vent is over. Just had to let some steam off of the top.

I'm finishing up the Adams...as soon as its finished I will be taking some time away from building...I'm hoping I will be back to building late Sept or early Oct...but I will check in often and see what goodies everyone is doing...

Well, told the parents of the kids I was watching I can't do it anymore. Long story and I am not sure if the friendship will survive but it had to be done. We found out the people who are renting our other house don't have a job and may not be able to make Aug. payment. ( All this after we just, like this week, got caught up on all the missed payments) It can take up to 3 months to get them out if they throw a fit. DH's company was bouhgt out by another one and they are changeing things which means he will finally have the authority he was promised but will lose all overtime pay. ( but not the hours) I want to start work on the Adams, but I am lacking motivation and time.

Yay, got nearly everything moved on Saturday! The van was full, the car too. I'm finally locating to the new flat tomorrow, so nearly everything else is coming with me then. Chris has another half a week of work here, so I'll pick him up and the rest of his bits on the 26th.

So yesterday and today has been clearing the final few bits into boxes and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. The flat is a little weird, it doesn't smell like it is damp at all, but we've regularly had to wash the walls to get rid of mould growing on them. Even spraying anti-mould spray hasn't kept it at bay, and we have a dehumidifyer going too. Anyway, we've mostly kept up with the walls, but now we're moving out I'm washing them properly, and also doing the bits that were behind furniture. Have to put my back into it and keep changing the water! But i've nearly done two rooms, just a big lounge to go (where the problem was mildest). Then washing the windows - will see if I can get Chris to do them when he gets back from work.

Hope your therapy session goes well today Heidi and you can unload a bit.

I got some birthday money on Saturday, so when we went to Ikea I bought a lazy susan thing to put my dollhouse on. I put nearly all my weight on it and it still turned, so I figure it'll be strong enough for a house!

Muriel :lol:

I have to make a mumu for mama. I've got that phrase stuck in my head ever since my sister called and said mama wanted a mumu and she couldn't find one anywhere.

Mama also wanted jelly beans with natural fruit pectin and you'd think here in upsclae food and giftshops land I could have found some, but no, so I bought a pattern and some cotton fabric and shall make her a mumu. If she likes it I'll buy more fabric and make another mumu. I can see it now, New England Miniatures non-mini mumu department....mini mumus??????

My mom spent her entire days inside during the summer in Mumus. She said they kept her cool in the house (we had no AC) . I would buy a mini mumu from ya!

Therapy was interesting. Not what I expected to hear but oh well. Changes in diagnosis are in the wind. No I am really not in the mood.. :lol:

What have I been up to today? Hmmm

Well it isnt the full moon that is making me feel the way I am. My therapist hit me with her best shot. She thinks that because for the past 20 years of being on anti depressants and always having to change them because they do not work is a red flag.

She said the B word...Bipolar. I thought I had dodged THAT bullet but I guess not.

Not the kind my sister suffers from and my mom did also..this is a milder version. Instead of getting manic I get cranky. Normal life things stress me out. She wants to test her theory because the kind I might have has very bad depressive modes.

She asked me if I wanted to wait and think about it until my next visit..*new meds*. I said NO. I am going to be thinking about so I am going to NEED the meds...ROFL. If the mood stabilizer works, then I will go off the A.D meds and that is all she wrote.

She feels I may be swinging into a depressive mood..I think everyone on this site could have told her that one. So I will continue to lurk and shove a comment in here and there and hopefully the new medication will help.

It is called Ambilify..Anyone have any luck with it? She wanted me to take this other stuff that can cause a skin rash and the skin rash could kill you! I said..Ooo! Yay! Sign me up for some of that.. She didnt laugh..LOL

I stained a House of Miniatures bed and a clock today. Tomorrow I hope to start gluing. Haven't touched anything in almost 2 weeks. My mom had an attack and left, then had a full blown panic attack last week so I am finally getting my nerves settled down.

Many hugs to Heidi, I hope things work out for you.

I stained a House of Miniatures bed and a clock today. Tomorrow I hope to start gluing. Haven't touched anything in almost 2 weeks. My mom had an attack and left, then had a full blown panic attack last week so I am finally getting my nerves settled down.

Many hugs to Heidi, I hope things work out for you.

Oh I will roll with it. I am actually starting to believe the saying *God does not give you anything you cannot handle*

Are you doing the grandfather clock? I love mine. It is in the entryway of the Marquam Hill Mansion. I have never done the bed though. It is the one with the strings?

It's the Willard Tall Case Clock, I will do the William and Mary one after these two are done.

I'm beginning to believe it too. This has been a very unsettling year and I can't wait to get everything finished.

Did anyone go see The Dark Knight last night for a midnight premiere? Fred and I stayed up late watching the last installment in the Batman series on tv.

We want to see it but we are going to wait awhile. I do not much like fighting to get a seat at the movies. Did it with Titanic and ended up sitting in the front row..blech!

First day of another heat wave. Watered the veggie garden yesterday evening and will do the same tonite. Tomatoes are getting as big as a babies head.

Have to change and run errands today. Off to the bank and the farmer`s market.

Just ordered the Willow, from Overstock.com; I had been keeping an eye on them to see if they would restock the Magnolia anytime soon, but so far nothing... I had an itch to get another house to start thinking about while I am "finishing" up the Beacon Hill, though, and the idea of the Willow has been growing on me for a while. I might go with brick, and save the siding. Window flower boxes would be a great fit for this house, I am thinking...

I don't see many Willows on the forum-- is it not a very popular house? Stenty's Willow is very impressive; I plan to do a little research on colonials, to get some ideas...

Ran errands this morning. Haven't decided what to do this afternoon. Maybe work on the Granville some more. I go back to work on monday, so this is my last weekend of rest. I was sort of looking forward to going back to work, until I spoke with my supervisor earlier this week. Now i'm just not looking forward to it really.

Well, hmmm, maybe a nap is in order before thinking about how to spend the afternoon...lol...

Another hot one today. Blech. We are supposed to go to a big pig roast but do not know if I will be going. The ozone will drain me. Fred will probably make a showing after he drops Natalie off to a birthday party at a bowling alley.

Going to take a cool shower and do some stuff around the house today.

Well I start back to work tomorrow. The past 2 weeks are a blur, i've never had time pass so fast. Today i'm just going to do some general straightening up, finish up the laundry, flip the mattress/change sheets then the rest of the day is relaxation. Not sure if i will just watch movies or work on minis.

I just spent 2 agonizing hours at Petco this morning to get Perla updated on her shots.. Get her license tomorrow and then going to make her appt to get fixed.

Going to take it ez and read my NY Post and then for dinner it is mac and cheese and flank steak rolled with chopped bacon and garlic.

Still hot as hades here....Yuck!