What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

There is a thunder rumble in the bakground over here but we'll see what that turns into... Might just run past us out over the ocean, it has been one of those sticky/humid days so we figured it might be something like this around...

Hugs

I heard about the earthquake in New Zealand. Are our GL Kiwis okay?

Sending positive thoughts your way and hoping that everyone is OK!

Hugs

okay, I'm still here. I could probably row a canoe, just not competitively at this point.

Got through a day at work with only minor aches. Now my face hurts, esp under my left eye. Glad I have antibiotics

Have been surfing a lot on rehabbing RL houses, about tearing down chimneys, what permits one needs etc etc so now the head is really spinning and I think I need a break and actually do some mini-ing instead, sheesh! LOL

I have a few houses that is whining for attention and I did indeed promise mr Adams that when we got home from vacation he would get his "coat" so will see what I can do there, and Mz Chantilly wants her kitchen "done" allready as well as some curtains, so there is always a little something to do here and there...

Hugs

Oh, Anna, please keep at least one chimney so you can have one of those beautiful tiled stoves!

I'm "home" today; DH & DS#3 are back in DC touring the Bureau of Engraving & Printing (I said if anyone handed out free samples I'd like one with a portrtait of Simon P Chase on it!). I'm washing up all the icky clothes we've put a hurting on since arriving at DS#2's house. I've got chicken marinating in the fridge for supper; DS#2 offered to grill it for us, so we're both cooking supper tonight.

Tomorrow we three tour Mt Vernon, and Saturday the rest of us are going to kayak whilst DS#3, who despises boats (ba-a-ad childhood experience), will stay here.

Oh yes Holly, we'll be keeping a couple of "stove pipes" where one could hook up one of those tiled stoves to if we would like that, but the chimney we are probably going to tear down is one of those heavy/huge ones that takes up half a room or more at the top floor where ti ins't much room to start with...

Have been trying to locate the full sets of blueprints the last couple of days, but as it is holidays/vacation time it isn't that easy, hopefully tomorrow as that will tell us alittle more on the bottom floor, which walls that are "heart" walls etc as that is vital for the planning and finally deciding... Then comes the deiding upon an architect firm to help out in the drawing etc, not to mention planning the kitchen from scratch... Right now I think I just want to hide out in the craft room building mini homes instead, yes indeed!!! But I also know it is all the "what ifs" that is bothering me the most, not knowing what there is to deal with for sure.

Hugs

It is going to be a warm one today. I already closed all the blinds and a few of the windows. More humid I think then heat. I did a bit of weeding out front but my bangs started to get wet so I decided I am going to work inside today.

The cats coats are starting to finally thin out. Just lovely. There is cat hair everywhere. I have to keep on top of it or I will be able to make a sweater soon.

Oliver is on my poop list today. He knocked over one of my cacti and it completely dumped all the soil out. I rescued it. I brought them all outside and put them on the front porch. Little Brat..LOL

Going to do some cleaning (as usual).

Worked alot in the house today to make room for my niece Tiara to move in. My friend Charles fixed the dishwasher so it drains properly, so no more hand washing! He did alot of organizing in the kitchen and laundry. My friend Ruth helped me carry out all these tubs of fabric and craft items in 18 gallon tubs (probably 18 in all) outside where I can go through them, decide what must be on hand, what can go into longer term storage, and what was just a bad idea when I acquired it an should just go away. The tubs are all sitting out in the side yard, along with a sewing cabinet which belonged to my mother. I've decided the Singer treadle sewing machine I purchased 14 years ago to refinish just isn't going to happen, needs to come out of the shed to make way for more useful stuff, and go on the local classifieds or upcoming yard sale.

While cleaning in the bedroom for Tiara, the long lost digital camera battery charger was finally spat out by the wormhole! :unsure: The referral for evaluation to see if I qualify for bariatric surgery turned up, so I can schedule that.

I talked to my neighbor about showing me how to install my ceiling fan (I've only been waiting on those who have said they'll do it for me for 10 years), so then I can change other fixtures too, on my own and not have to rely on others.

I really feel like I'm on a role. And I've been puting Tiara to work, too, to help get the place ready for her to move in, also to work on some life skills which have been neglected because of people not requiring her to do things due to her kidney failure and related problems.

Heidi, school clothes and supplies are a necessity, and this time of the year is when the big deals are on. I stock up on spiral bound notebooks for my sister in law, who lives in a small town with no stores of significance closer than a 45 minute drive. The notebooks at Walmart are only 15 cents. Last school year they bought some for top dollar in the winter, before I told her about the great deals!

Well, the municipal office (?) were finally able to get the blue prints for us in regards of the hosue so we will be going over there and get copies of those, then we'll be heading over to my PILs and stay there over the weekend and plot and plan so to speak... The house is within walking distance from theirs which is really nice!

Hugs

I am housecleaning & trying to childproof my house !! My grandkids are coming in from CA next week.

I spent all day Wed. putting together a swing set ! I thought that stage of my life was past...putting kids toys together ! The directions were a nightmare. It would say like "Put top bar on." & then the details were in another language ! :unsure: However, when I got out a rotary file & a large hammer, it went much better ! :oops:

Steve in PA

LOL Steve. Yeah, I am with you on putting stuff like that together. That is usually MY job. I guess that is why I like putting dollhouses together.

I am eyeballing the air conditioner that is sitting on the floor here in the dining room. It is coming close and I think today is the day to start putting this one and the others in the windows. When my bangs have sweat from the humidity, it is time. Nat got mad because I told her that when I am hot, it is time. I am the one in the house that has health issues. When I feel I cannot take it, we need it. Cannot judge by the girls cause they would put me in the electric company poor house if they had their way..LOL

Going to get dressed here soon and go to the Farmer`s market. Alone. I went with both of the girls last Friday and they ruined it for me. They tend to bicker. Dang..one of them is coming down the stairs.

Nat`s buddy slept over last night as per usual.

Chelsea has Friday off.

I am going to go with the flow. Because of the heat, I have no clue what I am going to do today.

day off. Cleaning house with Kellan. He's planning to attack his closet (GOOD Boy!) and I'm stil pushing furniture around in our bedroom. Jim has so much stuff pushed under the bed, so that will get hauled out and dusted down. Need to make an eye appt. I'm on my last pair of disposable contacts, and you don't want to know how long they've been in service....

Woke up sort of sore under my left eye. Hopefully this has nothing to do with the dental implant rod that got put directly under that area last tuesday. Been taking my amoxi faithfully. I think it may be the high stitch inside my mouth just under my cheek bone that's trying to wiggle free.

Planning on working to finish the greenhouse for the BH. Just need to put the roof panels together and paint some trim bits. I've been cruising evil-bay for the right bed for the master bedroom. I've seen it, but it is waaaay too expensive ( the Mauldie bed by bespaq), so I'm trying to spot something else that I can fall in love with.

Hot hot hot here again. already 82 degrees on our shady back deck. Yesterday was miserable. I plan to get out and water the garden early this morning.

I've been MIA from the forum running around with our house guest. We got to Powell Gardens a couple of days ago. The daylilies were awesome! We've been to the Daum Museum (contemporary art) and our favorite coffee house, and the Scott Joplin museum. We saw "Hello, Dolly" at the local theater yesterday. I can't believe I've been humming the music all these years and yet did not know the storyline. Last night we took her to the Municipal Band concert a block from our house. The cicadas held off until the last number. During outbreaks of the 17-year locust, they can drown out the music! The weather has been behaving beautifully. It's hard to believe, but we're not going to hit 80 today, and the humidity has gone someplace else. Today she and Lloyd are going to take a birdcage she bought in an antique store to UPS for packaging and shipping and to Blackwater, a quaint little town here, that has some antique shops and a Native American shop. Tomorrow we're going to the Nelson-Atkins art museum in the morning and the KC Toy & MIni museum in the afternoon, then down to The Plaza (a famous shopping area in KC) for dinner. We'll stay overnight in KC, as her plane leaves early Sunday morning; it will save us a nearly 200-mile round trip to the airport and having to get up before the crack of dawn.

Once we get back home, it will be two weeks until we leave for Prague, and we want to take a couple of days to go to Des Moines to visit Lloyd's 96-year-old cousin. Phew! Time's a-flyin'!

I can't wait for August to get here. I'm so looking forward to Gayle's visit since she's never been to Canada before. It's going to be such fun to finally meet the girl that up to now I've only been able to call 'my best online friend'.

Well time for an update from me I think! Can't remember what I posted last, but think it was saying how great my birthday was last weekend. A wonderful weekend!

On Monday I went into work half day, and then used my new sat nav to drive up north to near Leicester. We had a pre-reg (pre-registration pharmacist) conference there where we were due to get info and do workshops on management and leadership in preparation for our new jobs once we qualify. On Wednesday evening we had a formal dinner planned too, with dancing afterwards. Anyway, stayed overnight in the hotel, and only started at 10:30 on Tuesday, so had a nice lie in. Two colleagues that I would call friends (and that I have been aquainted with for the last 6 years) were also there, so we had a nice dinner and breakfast together. Then came the 'work'. It was interesting and definitely useful. At the dinner in the evening each table was chaired by one of the higher up people (we had the director for the region on our table) but still did work conversations. It was an interesting dinner where we first got to know each other some more, and then discussed various work related questions. Wednesday morning was too early! Had to register between 7:30 and 8:30 and started promptly at 8:30. The day went on until 6, so it was a long day! One section was called 'teambuilding'. This is normally not such a fun session, and we thought we'd be doing some sort of team games/trials. But they did an excellent job, and had a salsa drum band come in and we all formed a group playing different instruments and beats. A hundred times better than what we were expecting!!!

In the evening was the formal dinner. Again we had a chairperson, but this time we didn't have particular topics that we had to discuss. It was great chatting to our lady, who was head of HR. Interesting to find out more about what the company is doing at head office level.

Then came the exciting bit: At our last regional development study day we nominated those that we thought were pre-reg student of the year from our group. These were going to be announced along with the top three in the company (out of 250 pre-reg students). Anyway, they read out the nominations (5 or 6, top person from each region) and I was nominated top of our region! I was so proud!!! And then, the board had voted me 3rd in the company! I was amazed! I've seen photos of top pre-reg people before over the years and always thought they must be such clever people, and now I'm one of them. Yes, blowing my own trumpet, but I am very proud of that achievement.

Drove back home yesterday, but after the distractions of the conference there was only one thing on my mind. Exam results were due out today. Very very scary. I thought the exam was disgracefully difficult and thought i would probably fail if they kept the criteria the same. Well they said they didn't change the pass mark, and said that the pass rate was normal this year, but they passed me! (I'm sure they must have tweaked something, but i'm not complaining!)

So as soon as the paperwork has gone through (which should be 28th) The long (8 year!!) slog is done and I can be a proper pharmacist.

So all in all a fantastic 7 days for me. :(

Congratulations Muriel, you have good reason to toot your own horn. I know you're relieved too. See, you worried about the exams for nothing. Celebrate, you're earned it.

YEAH MURIEL!!!! That is fantastic, we are all so proud of you. Aren't you the smart one. We know you are going to be a fantastic Pharmacist. Everything is looking up for you from here on out!!!!