What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I sympathise with the dog. My DH said the same thing about my cocker spaniel. He had no control and would run for the door, pooping all the way. Or leak in his sleep. Neurological issues. I just ignored the comments and cleaned up after him. He was a good little dog, it wasn't his fault. I didn't have kids that fought though. Maybe a kiss for the dog and a rolled newspaper for the kids? Lol.

I have a dog with the same problems. We got him from the shih-tsu rescue society and he must have been really abused. He wouldn't even look at us when we first got him, just stand in the floor with his head down. I spent 3 days sitting on the floor, holding treats in my hand, before he would ever come to me. Now he loves us, but it took 4 years to get where he won't hide from kids. Anyway, he has real problems with house training. He's afraid of strangers, afraid of the bug zapper, used to be afraid of grass! He wouldn't walk in a door in front of anyone, we had to open it and then stand back while he came in-someone must have shut the door on him at least once. And when he's nervous, he hikes that leg!

Anyway, we deal with the spots on the floor and thank God we took him instead of someone who wouldn't have put up with it. He loves us dearly and even lets the kids pet him now. But we do keep the carpet spot cleaner handy!

As for "My Sisters Keeper", I refuse to go see it...my friend asked me too, and I just can't do it. I get teary just watching the commercials...I would be sobbing and blubbering from the opening scenes and all the way home,lol. I watched Marley and Me, and had a sore throat after because I was trying not to sob too loud,lol. My daughter laughed at me! My friend did buy the book, so I will definately read that...when no ones home and with a box of tissue :groucho:

So sorry to hear about all the fighting with the kids! I have three, and they do tend to argue a lot more than I would like, and it's not pleasant.

As for "My Sister's Keeper", I just finished reading the book (took me three days!) and I just wanted you to know that there are some big differences between the book and the movie. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but see if you can talk to someone who has seen the movie after you finish reading the book so that you know the main differences.

I think the movie is definately one to watch at home where you can cry all you want to - can't wait until it comes out on DVD so that I can see it again. And, by the way, I found out when I bought the book that the story is pure fiction! I was sure that it was based on a real-life family.

Sherry, I have felt that way about several animals of mine. My house will never be a showplace, but we are happy. I only have 1 old dog now (13) and he sometimes has a hard time waiting for the door to open.

It's funny how animals are. I got a cockatoo from a place that was abusing him. His cage was recently new when I picked him up. He spent all day, every day breaking those bars - frightening how strong those beaks are. We repaired it until it was no longer repariable. I bought him a new cage and he has not done one bit of damage to it. He is happier. I guesss he just associated that cage with the horrors he suffered in it.

Ok, so I am undecided what I want to do today. I am home alone for the weekend. So I can paint the living room, work in the yard (it's cold out though), work in the basement or go to the movies. I want to do them all. Hmmm.

Oh Cathy, I sympathize with you on so many levels. Chelsea and Nat are getting better with the fighting. I think Chelsea has grown out of the *i`m older then you* stage. She is being nicer to Nat and life is much quieter in the house. When they fight like that, I just ignore them. It is their fight.

If one of them comes to me, my only words are *Are you bleeding? Do you need an ambulance?* No? Then leave me out of it until you can come to some conclusion.

I do not totally stay out of it but most of the time I do. Keeps me internally happy..LOL

As for the dog..My house smells like dog. Plain and simple. Perla has a small bladder and I cannot get her out of the house fast enough sometimes. She keeps changing her pee schedule. And she WONT do it in our yard. I have to walk her around the neighborhood with a grocery bag. I have had many older dogs and this is what happens. You wouldn't get rid of Nana cause she has incontinence..right? So you do not get rid of your older puppy love because she gets the squirts. She is the first dog I have ever owned that I cannot completely train. It frustrates me sometimes but I have some powerful cleaners and I steam clean.

I am waiting for the Dr office to open. I need to be seen. Ear still hurts.

We are going to put the ACs in the windows today. Going to be a scorcher this weekend.

Chelsea is having a good time. She is staying on a commune basically. They all live in a big house that has a very large organic garden. They eat everything from the garden. No cable. No internet. No cell service. No pizza delivery. No shower (claw footed bath tub), no mirrors. They all walk around barefoot (which she is doing now..LOL) and no one cares about their appearance. This is not in a bad way..just saying that it was probably a culture shock to Chelsea. I hope she took lots of pictures!

I am SO excited I am about to pee on the floor with the dogs! DH is gone for the weekend. So I was online looking to buy stuff for my million dollar Michael's house when I decided to call the Frankenmuth store (1 1/2 hour drive). Their stuff is a bit pricey (tourist trap city) so I thought for a moment and remembered a doll store about a 1/2 hour drive. They have tons of minis. I have never been there. But they don't have 1/2 scale, but told me of another store that did and not far from them. So I am off! I am going to both of them.

Haha, when the cat's away....

Heidiii

I think the m word you were searching for was mastoids?

We see a surprising amount of these older dogs in our rescue. I took one as a long term foster after we lost our

Rockie a few months back. He is in pretty good shape and we wound up adopting him. But we have had older dogs in the past who had health problems and we never even thought about not caring for them. They were members of our family. Our female is an older dog now and she has had problems with thyroid,heart, mass cell tumors and fatty tumors. Just this past week the day before we left on this trip we discovered a large mass on her tummy and our daughter (our live in dog sitter) took her to the vet and arranged for surgery yesterday. I was afraid of cancer and did not want to wait. It turned out to be a fatty tumor but the vet also discovered a suspicous tumor near it so it came out as well. We have spent more on vet bills the past six months on the dogs then we have on us humans and Molly takes more pills then I do. Foolish? Possibly, but they are family. I know the time will come when that decision will have to be made, but as loon as it is within my power to give them a good quality of life I will do so. I know others are not so lucky as us and cannot do it, but as long as we can, we will.

Yes Deana, a kiss for they dog and newspaper for the kids,lol I discovered that's 84% of a full moon!! Maybe that's doing it! lol My dog doesn't really have an excuse to "go in the house", and she goes in spurts,lol,pardon the pun! She will be good for a long time, then have days of accidents. Some of it is that she's just stubborn, some of it's that my son doesn't take enough time with her outside, and some of it's that they overfeed her because they just can't believe she only needs to eat 2x day,lol---or they let her get into the garbage-it's not her fault. Gigi woke me up 2 x during the night to take her out--no accidents in the house this am!

Beverly, hope your dog is doing better! Lost my dog right before we got GiGi--tumor on the liver---I took it really hard!

Heidi, hope you get to the Dr. and you'll be feeling better soon!

Today is much quieter in the house today...thank goodness!! I think last night was so hard because i was really looking forward to my daughter coming home...and then I was hoping she could go back to camp,lol

That commune life actually sounds nice , for maybe a weekend, :groucho:

Deana, I am soooo jealous :( Have a great weekend--maybe just do a little of each thing you want to do, and get a good rest in-between! I never mind when DH has to go to school out of town! Not to make him look like a total jerk, because he's usually pretty decent...but there's so much less stress when he's around. The kids act better...theres no rush to get dinner going-we eat when we feel like it...it's just so much more relaxed!!

As for today, I was supposed to go back to work....but...I didn't even realize that our Employee Health nurse was taking today as a vacation day...so no "back to work certification" no work...honest, I didn't do it to get the holiday off, but I can't go back til I see her MOnday :( I'll loose my holiday time now...but the kids are happy,lol.

I hope everyone has a safe happy holiday weekend :lol:

I could not get in for a visit today. I have to wait all the way until Wednesday. It still hurts. It is not getting better. Mastoid! Yup that is the word I was looking for.

Feeling kinda crappy today. I had to push thru my errands. I want to go to bed but i cannot. I have to pick up Fred from work later on tonite. If I go to sleep now, I will feel like you know what on a shingle later on.

Heidi, maybe you need to go to the emergency room and let somebody look way inside your ear. You may have a bug or something in there that could be flushed out. Wednesday is a long time for an infection to fester that close to your brain.

Beverly, I have spent more on my pets for visits and surgery and pills than - well, let's just say alot. But they are my kids.

Heidi, I am sorry you are not well. Wednesday is a long time from now.

I adore my husband, but he needed to get away from the stress at work and he can't 'vacation' at home. So he went with all his buddies to a shooting tournament.

I had fun at the mini store. I only went to one. I picked up an interior door and some porch posts. It was all they had in 1/2 scale. On the phone the lady had said she liked greenleaf houses but only carried one (fairfield) because while she loves them, most of their customers are looking for quick builds (no sanding) so when I left home I grabbed my new laser cut lighthouse to show them. No sanding needed and punch out like a dream. They was suitably impressed. I also mentioned the limited edition houses that are also very nice. She said she will have to contact GL soon for updated materials.

Heidi, Kathie is right, an ear infection can't wait. Don't they have any walk-in clinics there?

Deana, I don't understand women that won't let their DH go out with the boys for the weekend. It does everyone good! :groucho:

R&R Gina! I'll be thinking of you on monday! I hope you feel so much better soon! Independence Day from that rotten gallbladder!

Today was a library holiday, so I stopped by the branch to unload the bookdrop and hit the grocery store. Christopher's friends are coming in for a visit from Hot-Lanta, so we got the menu figured out for supper tomorrow: ribs and chicken/Savannah red rice/fresh corn saute/cold oven pound cake and gloriously decadent homemade choc ice cream ('thank you', Sneed boys!). Beer/wine/lemonade...I'm hoping no fireworks, but I fear the guys will go shopping tomorrow! My karma is SO much happier without 10,000 sparklers lashed together and set on fire. Yes folks, a mushroom cloud can be created in your own driveway.

Kellan and I worked on house chores and garden stuff, then he asked to have a radical haircut with momma wielding the scissors. It looks much better, though I have no talent in cutting layers in very straight hair. I used to cut my brothers', but they both had thick curls. He's a very happy camper now. Probably 6 inches went out to the birds for nesting material.

I worked on cleaning and organizing my crafty area in our bedroom. Also took plants down from our porch to the deck for a good 'hose down'. The BH parts were pared down and stashed in a large leaf bag so I can fish around in there for the sheet I need, but don't have the huge box in the way.

walk in is closed now but open tomorrow. I will be going. I am taking aceta. and I have a temp of 99.6. I run low so this is high for me. If I wasnt taking the aceta and ibuprofen (alternating) it probably would be higher.

I do not want to go to ER. It will be mobbed and we do not like the staff they have in there now. Not like it used to be. Not going to sit around for 5 hours.

Happy 4th, everyone! I got up early and started the beans. The brisket and ribs are marinating, and everyone else is asleep. I think I'm going to do the touch up on my chimney now, then when the sun comes up, spread all my mulch, weed a little, and generally stay out of the house. I can't handle cartoons on the tv all morning.

We opted NOT to get the cable hookup here (expen$ive) so all we get is PBS and an infomercial channel & Ion; no cartoons. Everyone is sleeping in this AM and after breakfast we're going to hike the towpath trail along the Roanoke Rapids over to Weldon & back.

There's lots I could and should be doing, but I have plenty of reasons not to do them. Tidy up papers - don't want to chuck away anything i might need for a resit of exam, so is there really much point doing it when I'll potentially just have to do it again in a couple weeks. Tidy hobby stuff - but gotta build a shelf and tidying that stuff is quite a bit of work (at the moment this is the nicest option to do). Make the shadow box pharmacy scene - but need access to my external hard drive for some pics for that, and the power cable is not working, so would have to drive 20 miles round trip to get another one. Do Franklin stuff, but again feel I should tidy before moving on with that.

It hasn't been an unproductive morning so far, we did a whole load of dishes, I made a pizza, and done some laundry, but don't know what to do now. Sit here for a while until I decide I guess! ;)

Heidi, I hope you feel better soon! Take care, Gal! I hope you can at least get to a 'Doc In A Box', but if not GO to the ER if you need to! To H*** with the staff there!

The ER at the hospital is so slow..they never open fast track until it gets really bad. Fred used to know everyone in the ER (because he worked in there) but when they re-did the place, they changed all the staff. This is the ER that sent me home with only a prescription and a howdy-do when I had the sciatica. No pain meds in my system when I left.

So I am going to go to the Doc in a box..ROFL (it is an off shoot of the hospital ER so it is a real one just smaller). Getting some coffee in right now, take my meds, take a shower, and then I will go.

Today it is worse. So I am definitely going. Have to get meds in because Chels is coming home tomorrow

Thanks all. I will let you know what happens.

How are you doing Gina?

Happy 4th of July!

i've hung out the flag, put a red & white striped vinyl tablecloth on the diningroom table, and got out the star-spangled paper napkins. hamburgers, fries & cokes for dinner. simple and easy. it looks like it's going to be a pretty day here.

Heidi, hope you get some relief soon ;) I had bilat. ear infections when I came back from Washington--woke up in the am and couldn't hear out of right ear. Went to my own Dr. who knows I"m not dramatic, and told me I probably had a virus-he wasn't going to give me antibiotics. I told him it really hurt, I can't hear, just please look at them. He looked in my left, which didn't hurt, and only mildly muffled hearing, and said "Ohhhh, this one is really red, and your ear drum is bulging."...duh I wanted to say, but I said, "Yeah, and that one doesn't even hurt." He looked at the one that was the worst and said, "oh, this one is worse, Ill give you a Z-pac" He also gave me Clarinex--which is the best I've ever taken!! (antihistimine and decongestant once daily) He gave me a five day trail coupon. I felt better later that night with those 2 things. Hope by bedtime you'll be lots better!!

Sounds like everyone is getting ready for a nice day !!

My DH and kids went to the big parade in town. My daughter heard at band camp (so not sure if it's true), that LaPorte is the capital of IN for July 4th because they have the biggest parade in the state. Last year ( I think) Sean Astin was the grand marshall) He's from the Lord and the Ring-I think, right? I stayed home, #1 because I didn't get cleared to go back to work today-and I don't want people to think that I purposely didn't get to Employee health before yesterday because I wanted to take the holiday off. So, I"m staying home today :)!!! Also, I"m enjoying some peace and quiet...it's been a few weeks since I"ve been the only one home and house is so wonderfully quiet!!!! Also, I'm on a roll with the BH, and want to make some big progress :)

Gina, hope you're ok and not suffering too much ...luckily Monday will be here soon! ( I know surgery wont be fun, but I'm sure you'll feel sooo much better:)

I am back. Only had to be in there for an hour. yay! Anyway they said it is a nasty external ear infection (swimmers ear). Cannot tell if internal because they could not see because it was too swollen. So I am on high dose antibiotic, ear drops, and 3 days worth of Vicodin. I did not ask for the V but she told me I needed it. I guess my tolerance for pain is high.

I am in pain but not super bad. I did scream when they looked in my ear. Said that I probably have had it longer then the few days I have been complaining but I did not feel it.

So I just had some lunch and in a bit I will take my V pill and take a nice long nap. I have to be refreshed for tomorrow because we are getting Chels from the airport.

So that is all for now. If the meds do not work I will make an appointment with my ENT.

Thanks everybody.

Be sure and take all your meds, even if it does get to feeling better! I am bad about not doing that, but you need the whole dose.

DH is out cooking ribs, the beans are simmering and the taters ready to fry. I am exhausted, though. Loaded, moved, and spread all the mulch, trimmed back the Mexican hair, cleaned tiny branches out of the grass, made a trip to Lowe's,tied back the climbing roses, fixed Paco Gnomo his home, finished the touch up on the fairy house chimney,and did some wash. Now just to finish fixing lunch. Holiday does NOT mean freedom from work!