What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

For mine last christmas, I was supposed to be home same day.

I learned the hard way, when the doctor says (after a week) you can resume normal activities, that you still shouldn't do anything. And there are inside stitches even though they say there aren't. Because mine came out the holes.

i have not had gallbladder out but I have had lap surgery. You will be down for the day of and the day after. The next day you will feel better but you will still want to take it easy.

I will be thinking of you today Gina!

Chelsea is home. She went right into the shower and then sat in front of the computer..LOL This household she was in was very nice. She had a good time.

More of a culture shock then I thought. No microwave. No coffee machine. No toaster. and a wood stove. Everything was cooked on the stove..even the toast!

I did not sit and chat with her last night because I still do not feel well. She understood. Once I am feeling up to sitting and chatting, I will find out more of how her adventure went.

Today is going to be a good one for working in the garden, not too hot. I hope to get the lilies planted and much of the back yard mulched. Later in the week, as the temperature rises, I'll move into the kitchen and start painting. We have company coming next week -- cousin Gloria, the lovely Creole lady who coached me on Marie Laveau's cottage -- and I'd love to have the kitchen at least painted if not wallpapered.

it is taking a while for these antibiotics to work. Still feel like garbage. I think I am going to go to bed now. If I do not feel better by Wednesday, I am going to call my GP.

Unfortunately, I had the old gall bladder surgery and I was down and out for 6 weeks. the next year is when they came out with the new surgery. My scar is 8 inches long with the old surg. My friends that have had then new one was up and around within a few days.

J-F (DS#2) still has a fat upper lip as it will take several days for the swelling to go down. Émilie (DD) is off at camp for the week, so I took J-F to see Ice Age 3 this afternoon. Nicholas (DS#1) did not want to come, which doesn't surprize me since he is 16.

Still impatiently waiting for news from/of Wolfie. :happydance:

Well, I got a phone call from daycare about 11am. GS was telling them he didn't feel well and needed to come home. Last time he did that, there was nothing wrong at all, so I was prepared! Brought him and sister both home, gave them lunch, and then made him stay in bed all afternoon! I told him if he was too sick for school (he attends a preschool) then he needed to stay in bed. So he spent the afternoon in my bed watching cartoons and trying to convince me he was suddenly all well!

The medicine is working. Praise!

Today I feel much better. Do not worry. I will take the rest of the meds as prescribed. Last night I was hoping that I would wake up in less pain..my prayers were answered.

Ugh! Now I got a good look around the house. I have been incapacitated for so long that it is getting kind of health dept citation-like. So much for the help of the family in my hours of need.

Plus it is damp and sticky today.

I will start with the livingroom and work my way back. Not even going to pay attention to the garden..Weeds!

At least I have some flowers blooming.

Today I picked peas and shelled them. I need to get the rest of them, because some are getting tough and bland, and there are no new blossoms. I have a large mixing bowl full of shelled peas and more to come! The apricots are getting ripe, so it's about time to get the dehydrator out. I'm not a big apricot fan, but I vowed I wouldn't let the fruit from my various fruit trees go to waste this year.

Dad is in town from Alaska and he showed up shortly after my niece Tiara dropped by on the way home from the community college. We went out and had an early dinner at Carl's Jr.. Then I took my niece over to the neighbors who have a granny house in their back yard, to see if Tiara might be able to rent to granny house someday after she gets her life a little more settled. Tiara will live with me for a while, then hopefully graduate to the granny house which runs along the property line, so she could pop over when she needs, and I can check in on her when she get's sick. Tiara needs a kidney transplant, so unplanned doctor or emergency rooms visits are a fact of life.

I think I need a new oven.

Fred got grease on the bottom from making chicken. So the stove was smoking yesterday. I decided today to put the self cleaner on. Big mistake. It started a small fire in there. I turned it off right away and it died down.

I have not been able to look inside yet.

I think I have lost some trust in it now. It is over 10 yrs old so I think it is time.

Going to check the used appliance place down the street. There goes my No Spend plan..huh?

I'm with you Heidi. Our yard is getting overgrown. So Doug has hired a young man to come and trim the verge, pull the weeds, and in general make it less fire hazardous. I can't bend over to do any pulling, nor can I get down on the knees yet. You and I should be having tea and crumpets together! That's all about I can do today. And remember my oven lit on fire back last November and we had to get a new stove. Scary!

Liza you are way TOO Sweet!

I'm not sure where this morning went. I went to the farm store to return a back of paver base, then over to Walmart for sand, which they didn't have. I wandered around Walmart, bought some travel size toiletries for our trip next month and a plastic pencil case that holds them nicely, plus some hose guides, a birthday card, and a box of 3-sizes tampons to use for making little round boxes when I get back to mini making again. Then I stopped at the home store and got some plastic zip ties to connect a couple pieces of plastic trellis to make a screen for the rain barrel, since Lloyd seems to think it detracts from the overall look of the garden. Now I'm contemplating painting the insides of the kitchen drawers so I can get the contents off the dining room table and back into the kitchen.

Wolfie..I think I forgot to mention..BRAVO on your feeling better!!! Pretty soon ALL the pain will go! I wrote this on another site today but it bears repeating...My camera,my

NEW camera came today.A whole day early!!! I have already downloaded the software..set the date..and picture size(??) and took 3 awful around the house pictures.I'll try to take Dollhouse pix tomorrow, throw them on the computer and try to start another album.Should be interesting!! I also have a roaring ear infection that I'm sure has entered my brain!! (Drama Queen!) Very painful..but I think less than yesterday. I'm hoping for more improvement tomorrow.Til then,folks..hope to see you

in a new album!! :( :angry:

Just got back from taking J-F to get his stitches out. The swelling finally went away last night. It seems to be healing well, but I have had to increase his insulin twice because of the chewable antibiotics that are full of sugar - drug-store can't get sugar-free from the supplier anymore! :angry:

I just checked Craigslist for any dollhouses for sale, and there is never any on there within an hour radius from me, but low and behold, there is one on there now! But I tried sending a message to the email posted and it won't go through :angry: . They are only asking $50 for it and its all buit and the exterior is painted, the inside is a blank canvas! But it doesn't say what scale it is or what the name of the house is, but its victorian style. I guess this is a sign that I am not ready for another house yet :(

I got my fairy house done, until the living room furniture comes, and am working on my farmhouse again. I'm completing the second set of stairs and staining a bookcase for all these little books that I made and keep finding-I may need another bookcase!

Getting ready to take a nap and then DH and I are going out for the afternoon.

Everything I own that is decent enough to wear to work is worn out, cause I don't like to buy clothes! Since I am going job hunting, we are going to go shopping for at least one outfit to wear to interviews. Yucch! But we are going out to dinner also, one night of dinner with no kids!

After spending the last day and a half painting kitchen cupboards, I've decided I hate the colors. Made a mistake of trying to find complementary greens in paint, formica countertop, wallpaper, and flooring. It can't be done. With the insides of the cupboards being yellow, it looks as if I've just built the world's largest Girl Scout cookie box. :p I just got back from Walmart with a gallon of Kilz, a new paint brush and roller covers. Tomorrow everything will be painted over with the Kilz, and then painted white. I'll bring in color in other ways.

Live and learn. *sigh* Once again, this would be sooooooo much easier in miniature!

Now, that would be frustrating! We need to get started on ours, but until DH is feeling up to it, we'll wait. We're going to paint them all white, so it's probably better to wait until sticky finger grandkids move out!

TGIF!

Tomorrow is Sailfest. Going to be very busy here in the city. I want to get my errands done today so I do not have to deal with traffic tomorrow. Fred has the scooter almost ready for the road. All he has to do now is charge the battery and put air in the tires. The Jeep should be fixed by next week.

I am going to go to the farmers market this morning and see if they have any fingerling potatoes yet. I am in the mood. I got message on Facebook that my Bil is coming tomorrow for the festival. I have no clue if his family is coming. Ugh. Does that mean I have to super clean the house now??

His wife is a pia.

Oh well, guess I will roll with the flow.

Heidi, my basic rule of cleaning is to do it after the company leaves, especially if they are of the PIA variety! I figure if the state of my house offends them, maybe they won't come back. :p

How is your ear?

I've been up listening to thunder with the jittery JoJo dog. Am about to head into the kitchen to start slapping white paint around.

Thank you Kathie.

The pain is gone but it is still itchy. So the meds are working. And I am still taking them 3x a day.

She is a pia. I am not the only one in the family that feels that way so it is not just me being mean. She is a show boater..if that is the appropriate term.

Look at my new Coach bag.

Look at my new computer.

Look Look Look Look Look.

It is okay to have a new something but do not announce it. Especially to some family members that are having difficulty buying groceries. There is more about her that is grating but that trait of hers reminds me of my sister.