What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Gayle and Wendy: Have a great visit!! What fun!

Finally got a good rain last night, but came with some serious boomer thunder/lightening. Lost power a few times, but briefly. Was still able to cook dinner: spicy orange chicken breasts with rice.

Air Conditioner is in the window downstairs. I am up in my room now and it is actually kinda of nice. Not really hot at all.

I cleaned the dirty kitchen and made two loaves of zucchini bread today. Freezer pizza for dinner with corn on the cob that i bought at the Farmer`s market.

I am going to relax here in a bit and read a book with my new walmart reading glasses..lol

DS grilled strip steaks, I made a huge salad & Baby Girl (alias DIL) cooked a bag of tortellini. Tomorrow AM I finish off the laundry and we head back to the RV and hit the road Monday.

I know! Last time we headed home from Charleston and wound up in Spartanburg I yelled, "Hi, Irmo Gayle!" out the window as we drove through Col'a. This time we're going home 'way to the west, through Eastern TN and AL & Western GA.

Have a great trip and I'll see you next time!!

DH is at the Columbia Bridal Show today representing our shop. Not a great economy to have a business in sterling flatware and tea services. Brides go for Lowe's/Target gift cards instead. Hardly blame them....

Less hot and humid today. Ahh! Relief.

The zucchini bread is amazing. I outdid myself this time.

Nat and her buddy are going to the beach this morning. I have to wake up a bit more so that I can drop them off. Many people have been using the free beach here in town this summer. Usually it is empty because it is not the best. When it is low tide, the water is full of seaweed..Yuck! I used to swim at this spot from infanthood until I could figure out how to take the bus to the better (pay to get in) beach. It is the economy.

I have to go give my *mom* some hugs today. She is going to need it. Her 18 yr old grandson has gotten into trouble with the law (again). This time it is in the local newspaper police logs. I know for a fact that she is highly embarrassed and very upset with the boy right now. I have an extra loaf of bread and I think I will bring it to her also.

I want to work on the Pomeroy but I must wait. The two bigger cats are shedding their fur and it is everywhere. I clean it up yesterday and there is a whole new batch today. Of course they like to lay down right next to the dollhouse.

I think I am going to BBQ tonite. I have some chicken wings. I will season them here soon and then cook them in the oven for a little while and then pop them on the grill.

Yummy!

Sounds good Heidi. It is tipping it down here! absolutly pouring. We went out for breakfast and got some stuff for lunch and dinner today, and managed to get back before the rain started, but it is very yucky now. Curl up in bed with a book kind of day!. I'm curling on the sofa, sport (golf and cricket) on tv, looking for RL furniture that looks like dollhouses. Any links anyone? Just looking for eye candy and ideas, not actually doing anything about it.

that does sound like a nice idea...eyecandy furniture. I just need some inspiration. Just won a nice bed/sewing machine/broken dresser (two legs, but very cheap/fixable and looks like nice quality)/and chair on evil-bay. Furniture shopping for the BH. Bed is coming across the 'big pond' from Belfast, so it might be awhile.

Going to continue with the major overhaul and cleaning in our bedroom to make more space in my studio corner. I'm in a brutal mood about 'stuff' right now, so this is a very good project for the day. Every piece of furniture seems to be one inch too (tall/long/wide) to move to better locations :) ! I've chased some major league dust bunnies in there (think the killer bunny rabbit from Monty python and the Holy Grail).

Gorgeous low humidity day that's so rare for SC! We finally had some much needed rain two nights ago, but a coworker got the sad news that during the storm lightening struck and killed her daughter's two horses in Chapin (a few miles from here)!

I overslept this morning, enjoying a cup of coffee to get the brain functioning.

I'm going to work on the foxhall again today. my focus will be on the conservatories. i got them primed and painted yesterday. I just need to paint them one more coat today. Probably get them tape wired as well. My tile arrived for one of the conservatories yesterday. i laid it out to see how it would look. i love how dramatic the colors look. I can't wait to permanently install it! still haven't decided when i will post photos. on the one hand i want to post photos now to share, on the other hand i want to get more done first.

this week i only work 3 days since the 24th is a Utah holiday. tuesday is mammogram day, take the cat to the vet and possibly get my tooth implant installed. hopefully i can just relax and work on my miniatures on wednesday.

Back home again with both our heads spinning with ideas, "what-ifs" and we think we can do this after spending the weekend going through the possible new house over and over again... :) Now on to scheduling a meeting with an architect, the bank and we'll be up and away I think, keep fingers crossed. There will be tons to do, but I do think we will get a great house when we are finally done, bottom floor and top "half" floor ( it is one of those A shaped attic floors that we'll convert into our bedroom) the basement will have to wait until those parts of the house is done though, but we'll get a half decent hobby/craft area sort of set up down there as we'll be needing it...

Yikes to say the least!

Hugs

I swear that I'm going blind gluing the egg carton "slate" shingles on my Sugarplum.I'm

thinking I might just read today. I think the shingles will be ok,tho'.Haven't painted them yet...we'll see........ :)

Our houseguest left this morning. We spent yesterday at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and the KC Toy & Miniature Museum, then went to the big Barnes & Noble on The Plaza for Czech guidebooks and had an amazing dinner at a great seafood restaurant that we happened upon by chance. We spent the night at a motel near the airport. I got 8 hours sleep, even though we were up at 5 to get her to the airport for her 8 am flight and were home by 9:30 this morning. I was nodding off in the car coming home, so lay down to rest my eyes -- and woke up 5 hours later! I guess we packed a goodly bit into her visit!

We're looking forward to a semi-quiet two weeks before we leave for Europe. The last section of RL kitchen cupboards need to be painted tomorrow, and we need to get new quarter-round that has to be primed and painted as the floor people will come put in the new Armstrong incredibly thick and cushiony linoleum on Tuesday. On Wed, the electrician will be here to install the ceiling light in the kitchen, which will render the kitchen facelift officially DONE.

The garden is at a point where weeding and watering are the main concerns. No more planting until we pick up the daylilies Labor Day weekend.

We are going to drive up to Des Moines to visit an elderly cousin for a day sometime before we leave, which will involve an overnight stay, but that and a deep house cleaning are the only other things on the agenda. It's almost hard to believe, but I really think i can get in some quality mini time, too! <knocking wood!> :)

I know some of you hate to hear (see) this phrase but I just have to say it...I am bored.

I do have things I can do but I do not want to do any of them. So I am tired/bored.

Dont want to read. Nothing on tv. Too humid to glue. Ick..no way am I going to clean. My friends are all doing their own thing today and Fred is at work. I feel like a little kid! ROFL

I think I will continue to be a lazy lump today. I did clean and water all the plants outside and inside. I did empty the ash out of the bbq. I did take fred to work and drop nat/her friend off at the beach.

I did accomplish some things today. Now I am just kinda..eh.

You know what I mean?