What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I was praying for the rain to clean all the green pollen off my car and house. It is all clean now so it can stop raining anytime it wants. But if it is going to rain though to Wed. I will work on my trailer for Madaline to live in.

Sitting with my leg up, enjoying my excuse to relax :wave: Gonna work on some mini's too! I drove for the first time today--had to pick up my daughter..it went well, didn't bother my knee to much, but I better give it a rest for a while....

Yay it is friday! ugh i'm tired. In fact could probably fall asleep right here right now :wave: just need to close my eyes... sugar is low so gotta eat first...cheesy chips (fries) i think! lovely and unhealthy.

Cleaned out both refrigerators (don't ask why 2 :wave: ) and finished and hung the bedroom curtains in the farmhouse! Only one set left to go and I can start framing pictures. We're having chef salad for dinner, no cooking!

School for the kids is officially "done" for the summer and for me summer holidays start on Thursday...

The funeral will be a week after that and now we'll see what we might be able to help my PILs with. There will be a lof of work with going through grandma's house and tend to all that but there really is no rush in that either so we'll take it as it comes.

We have had two days of pouring rain (no fun for the kids yesterday) and today has started the same, but it just might clear up a little, who knows if the weather "gurus" are right LOL

Hugs

I have both the grandkids today, since their parents are working. I doubt I will get any mini-ing or housework done! I even bought hotdogs to fix for dinner, figuring that was all I'd feel like doing by then!

(((((BIG HUGS ANNA)))))

The plumbing is done. New valve, new pipe out on the street (the water guys had to replace it, that is why it took 2 hours to shut off the water), old garbage disposal is gone, and I have a shiny new goose neck (i had it packed away in basement for 3 years) kitchen faucet! The garbage disposal died a few years ago. So got rid of it and now I have two sinks..Yay! For the past year, fruit flies were congregating in the disposal in the summer. I am so glad that is done and I have more room under the sink. It did not cost an arm or a leg. The guy is a retired plumber from the hospital where Fred works. He did an EXCELLENT job and we will be asking him to do a couple other things in the future.

I have no idea what I am going to do today. It is going to rain here in a bit (can feel it in my back) so yard sales are out. Nat wants me to take her to get her eye brows done.

I think I will put another coat of paint on the Pom. That will give me something to do for an hour...it is a huge house.

Oliver is doing well in the house. He is a little terror though. I have to remember to change my pj shorts before I come down stairs in the morning. Otherwise, he tries to climb Skin Mount Everest. Let me tell ya..if coffee will not wake you up..that will.

The kids are playing in the kitchen, so I scrubbed all the appliances, cleaned off the counters and scrubbed them, junk like that. It's the first time my bar has been dollhouse, paint, wood, glue free in months!

The kids are playing in the kitchen, so I scrubbed all the appliances, cleaned off the counters and scrubbed them, junk like that.

I have to get off my duff and do the exact same thing.

:wave: Thank you all for your supportive words and thoughts I really appreciate them!

Things are slowly sinking in here, we are just taking on step at a time, had a long nice talk with MIL earlier today as well and hopefully they too can start to work through this. It will take time but we also know that Gran wouldn't have wanted us to dwell on the negative but on the positive memories instead, I think she was highly amused with hubby and me sorting through old things today as one of her "hobbies" one might say was sorting, cleaning and tidying up...

HUGS

Anna, I'm sorry to hear about your Gramma..I hadn't been on this site for a while and just found out now. I think that she will always be with you and her family in a way that she couldn't be before.So stop every so often and give her smile.She'll send one back!!

As for me I have three very large buildings to consider: A Medieval Church, a Tudor house and a Shop..all from England,(postage was scary!!!)They are bigger than I realised.

I need to learn Metric measurements! But I also have a puzzle house,the Sugarplum and the Madison.These I'll do first.For now I'm poking around - fiddling on the computer,

ate breakfast,looked at my DHs,anything to delay the housework that should be done!!

Oh, and dogs went out,dogs came in,dogs went out,came in etc.Too hot for man or beast to stay outside today.In the 90's and humid-which means we'll probably have storms tonight.Thank God for central heat and air conditioning- we didn't have it in

Connecticut.But we have it here in Texas!Enough for now.

Hugs,Anna. :wave:

condolences and hugs, Anna!

Youngest son and I are off from work today and have been 'slugs'. We do have plans, but are both tired. He is going to try out a recipe for 'cold oven pound cake' and his favorite fudge recipe. I am going to try stuffing so many rice cakes down my throat that I won't gorge on cake and fudge, lol!

Working a little on the BH, but have to get laundry done. We got a home for Mo (Mocha Latte...the boy cat in our pet gallery with the Christmas cast on his leg)! WOOOhOOO!!! :cucumber: PARTY PARTY!! So we can finally get in Kellan's bedroom to clean, now that he doesn't share it with Mo.

I don't know if I'm going to last another hour. The 20 month old won't take her nap and has been picking at her 5 yr old brother all day. She is wearing me out! Soon as Mom gets home, I may leave, or go to my bedroom and shut the door for a nap of my own! There's a reason God invented menopause-I'm too old for this!

So welcome! My mum and dad often take care of my brother's children (they live just a block apart) and I know that they love the kids dearly but also the fact that they are "returnable" at the end of the day so to speak LOL

Hugs

Lol, whenever my niece comes to visit (she's 4) we always end up going to bed about an hour and a half early cause we're so tired! Feels a bit antisocial (my sister is used to it and stayes up later) but otherwise it is falling asleep on the sofa :cucumber:

Today I did nothing of significance! This morning read some forum, did a bit of wedding stuff searching online, but mostly sat on the sofa watching monk (we just got seasons 1-6 boxset). Then went out to the charity shop to see if they had anything miniature I had to have, or anything else that took my fancy. Nope. Well they have a 'new stuff' miniature section, but didn't have anything I needed enough to spend money on this month. Did some grocery shopping, just enough for the weekend and monday at the local shop, came home and did more nothing. I did look for some wallpaper for one of the Franklin bedrooms, and looked for some lights, wasn't hugely successful. Then cooked dinner - roast veggies, meatballs, pasta and sauces. Waited for Chris to come home from his warhammer gaming, had dinner, watched a film, and now feel bad for doing nothing!

But it is my day off before i start revision. So don't feel toooo bad. Might try and do something with the stairs. In my architect program, the middle hallway looks great all in white, but don't know if it'll look so good in real life. Might have to just try it out.

gallery_2387_2059_27754.jpg

gallery_2387_2059_37843.jpg

Had another couple over and took several guns out to the range and had a great time. She had never shot a weapon before and she was just awesome. then they took us out to the local Mexican restaurants and several margaritas and bahama mamas later we had to come home. Soon will be bedtime since I had to get up at 4:30AM yesterday and today for inventory at the hospital. I really hope the do lets me sleep until at least 7 AM tomorrow. After better half goes to gun range, we are flying out to St. Simons Island for lunch and then will apply primer to the horrible yellow color on the Duracraft Tudor I got at the flea market last week.

It's my DH and sons birthday on Monday. Today will be our Mother/son annual shop till you drop day. We spend the whole day, just going to whatever store he wants to go to and buying whatever he wants. He gets money in a card for this purpose, and he sure don't like spending any of it, so it's a whole day deal, till he decides what he will get himself. He always does more looking than buying, but by the end I'm ready to drop! One year he bought the Nintendo DS, another a PS3 .Last year we built a bear. The year before he wanted to go to the paint ball game place... Then I take both B-day boys out to Supper, at a location of their choice,followed by cake and ice cream.

My DS1 has a birthday Tuesday, so we will celebrate today. Since DH can't go out, we will get take out from son's favorite BBQ place and celebrate here at home. Then I put him to work helping me clean house for the reunion. The carpet cleaners come tomorrow, so we have to get all the stuff up out of the floor-throw rugs, toys, etc. And carry some more of it out to the garage for the yard sale which I still haven't had time to have! Hopefully after the reunion is over with!