What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Went for the tests today. Got home about 1/2 hour ago. 10 minutes ago the phone rang. It's my doctor calling me to tell me to be in his office at 11:00AM tomorrow. This can't be too good. I will pack my overnight bag just in case.

Hugs, and I'll miss you all!

I woke up this morning and I was right. I have an ear infection. Am I reverting back to childhood? I will wait it out with ibuprofen and see how it goes. Nowadays they like to just let it run it`s course before resorting to antibiotics. If it gets too bad, I will call the Dr.

Rain Thunder Rain Thunder.

We had some flash flooding in the area yesterday and we have round two today. Have any of you gone to the Mystic Aquarium here in CT? If you have, remember the big parking lot? About 60 cars were submerged over halfway yesterday from the storm we had. Only a handful would start after they were pushed to dry land. The rest had to be towed away.

Everything is okay here (crossing fingers). I woke up at 6am to big booms from the heavens.

No word from Chelsea so I guess all is well. Nat is going to the movies today with her buddy..that new Cameron Diaz one, I think it is called My sister`s keeper.

I am supposed to get the carpet steamer today but I think my friend will wait until tomorrow. It is way too damp out today and will take forever to dry..for her and me.

I'm going to the grocery store today to stock up for the weekend. We bought a brisket and a big rack of ribs to cook out, and I will make a pot of beans, lots of jalapeno cornbread and cheesy fries. Lots of cholesterol to celebrate! I am looking for and applying for jobs online, mostly working with people with disabilities, since that is what I know. But I also applied for a job at Hobby Lobby! DH thinks that I wouldn't have any paycheck to bring home, if I worked there and got a discount. lol!

I am also going to try and finish shingling my fairy house. It took forever to cut out all the shingles, and I don't think I have enough yet, but at least I can see how they're going to look.

I woke up this morning and I was right. I have an ear infection. Am I reverting back to childhood? I will wait it out with ibuprofen and see how it goes. Nowadays they like to just let it run it`s course before resorting to antibiotics. If it gets too bad, I will call the Dr.

No word from Chelsea so I guess all is well. Nat is going to the movies today with her buddy..that new Cameron Diaz one, I think it is called My sister`s keeper.

Sorry to hear about your ear - hope it feels better soon!

Tell Nat that if she goes to see "my sister's keeper" to bring along some tissues. I saw it last Saturday with a girlfriend. It is a wonderful movie, but a real tear-jerker. Several times all you could hear in the audience was sniffles and tears - more so than Beaches with Bette Middler if you ever saw that. However, saying that, I would go see it again in a heartbeat!

Tuesday, I picked up the book the movie was based on and have started reading it.

I just realized that 4th of July is on Saturday so that means my credit union will be closed tomorrow so today is payday! Yay! *not all banks close on July 3rd, you have to check with your financial institution.*

I never did replace our grill. Fred is mad. Because it is July and I am not spending any money. So that means no grill buying. I told him we really do not NEED a grill...He said he needed one..LOL

We are not going anywhere on the 4th anyway. Because on Sunday we have to drive to the airport (1hr and half drive) to pick up Chelsea. Saving our energy or my energy.

What are you all doing for the 4th?

Any yummy Independence day recipes to share?

We will stay at home and cook out (wish you were close enough to borrow one of our grills). Then take the kids and grandkids to watch fireworks. Lubbock usually has the symphony in the park and then spectacular fireworks!

We will stay at home and cook out (wish you were close enough to borrow one of our grills). Then take the kids and grandkids to watch fireworks. Lubbock usually has the symphony in the park and then spectacular fireworks!

I wish I did too. Then I would not have to hear him mumble under his breath. He is like a little kid when it comes to grilling. The funny part Sherry..I do ALL of the grilling. Prep, cook, and clean the nasty bits afterward. So I think I am actually happy we do not have one.

Our fireworks happen next weekend. There is a big festival on the weekend proceeding July 4th. I do not go anymore. I go out to see the fireworks but not in the mood for the crush of people. Too many people, too expensive food, hot, etc. I have no problem with people but it can get really insane..like NYC on fourth of July insane.

Nah. I will sit on my front porch and watch the fireworks from here. With my iced tea and citronella candle.

One thing nice about a small town, there's never a crush of people. Even when the municipal band has its free ice cream social, the crowd never numbers in the hundreds. We'll have two fireworks displays, one at the Habilitiation Center tonight and another at the city park on the 4th. The band will play at both events. We'll probably go to the Hab Center tonight. We'll be at a birthday party on the 4th.

4th on Broadway is a mob. It's supposed to be the largest free festival in the country, and it looks like all 220,000 people in Lubbock are on that one street, plus a batch from out of town! I don't do mobs either. We went with the kids last year and were miserable. If they want to go this year, it will have to be without me! Anyway, they have a parade, country and rock bands playing, and lots of food, junk toys to sell the kids, a very few craft booths...and lots of people!

Heidi, I've used a homeopathic method for ear infections, for me and the kids. Its Garlic & Olive Oil drops that you put in your ears 3 times a day. You get it at a health food store. You'll smell like a hunk of garlic, but it works!

Thanks Cindy and everyone.

I am going to be a good girl and wear my mouth guard tonight and every nite like I am supposed to. I have a feeling that is the reason I am in pain. I took the acet. this morning and felt much better. Once it started to wear off, pain. So I will wear the guard tonight. If I feel a twinge better in the morning, I will have my culprit. If I am still in pain, I will call tomorrow to make an appointment for early next week (unless they can squeeze me in).

I do not have TMJ but I do not want to get it so I had better be more vigilant in remembering to put the guard in. I have had it for many years. I am a teeth grinder.

Heidi, don't mess with an ear infection, girlfriend. Any infection that close to your brain is dangerous. You don't want to end up drooling on dollhouses instead of building them!

I am pooped today! Went and stocked up on groceries for the weekend, bought mulch, delivered DH to work and picked him up, and shingled roof all day! Now I have to stop and cut more shingles.

All tests are in including an EKG I had to have today. I have an enlarged, swollen, infected gall bladder. They will remove it on MOnday. Today they were very busy in the emergency room and the operating rooms were being used for gunshot victims and some accident victoms. Tomorrow they are booked solid, the weekend is booked, and Monday I have to be there at 10 for surgery at noon. No eating after 12:00 Sunday night.

But now we know for sure. According to Dr. Roth, the gallbladder has been bad for some time, but due to my abnormal pain threshold, it got ahold of me but good. Full of stones too. So it has to come out.

That's where I am. I'm pooped so am going to bed.

Hugs,

Gina

Drooling on dollhouses..LOL You crack me up!

Oh no. Do not worry. I spent the majority of my childhood at the ENT dr. I really do not want to drive to mine because he is an hour away. I am hoping my GP will just take care of it.

If it does not clear up on it`s own or on medicine (his recommendation), then I will take the long ride to New Haven. At least I can stop at the Ikea store when I am done.

I do have slightly congested...ummm..what are they called? They start with an M and they are on the sides of your head behind your ears. I think it starts with an M.

My ENT told me that mine have been consistently the same for the 4 yrs I have been seeing him. Just normal for me.

Oh Gina! I am sorry but I am also glad. You know what it is and they can take care of it. I will be thinking of you.

Did they give you anything stronger for the pain while you wait out the weekend?

That sounds like me Gina. I went for an ultrasound on thursday, got the results monday, saw surgeon tuesday and they wanted to operate friday. I put it off for 3 weeks so I could get animal sitters and organize stuff. The surgeon told my daughter after surgery that I was lucky I didn't die it was that bad. I have a high pain threshold also. Broke my hand once, used duct tape and tongue depressors to tape it up and went back to work on the buffing machine. (We had a rush job, no time for tears).

Good to know you're going to be oK, Wolfie. DH had his out, said he felt better than he had in years. Had it out on Thursday, went back to work on Monday, with 3 tiny scars to show for it. You'll be back in your bikini in no time!

Heidi, take care of yourself!

If the doctors had listened to you in the first place, you would have had surgery long before now and been fully recovered.

I had a urinary tract infection several years ago and told my dr the names of the antibiotics that wouldn't work for me. What did he do? Yep, gave them to me anyway. After a week I hadn't improved and had to go back. His response to me was simply, "Well, you told me they wouldn't work so I guess you knew what you were talking about." I wanted to strangle the man on the spot.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery.

Heidi, sorry to hear your ears were giving you pain...hope you feel better soon!

Wolfie, hope you surgery goes well and you get some relief! Those gallbladders are something else!

As for "My Sisters Keeper", I refuse to go see it...my friend asked me too, and I just can't do it. I get teary just watching the commercials...I would be sobbing and blubbering from the opening scenes and all the way home,lol. I watched Marley and Me, and had a sore throat after because I was trying not to sob too loud,lol. My daughter laughed at me! My friend did buy the book, so I will definately read that...when no ones home and with a box of tissue :groucho:

As for my day, it was busy ....and it went from ok in the am to horrible! Picked up my daughter from camp--we didnt even make it the car and the girls were arguing....it was a huge competition--who had more fun, who got to do this or that, who got to go out for icecream....it stopped, then continued in the car til I yelled real loud... after the 1/2 hr ride home, the minute we got out of the car,more agruing-tears because one put her arm out and hit the other....in the house...more complaining....up the stairs, more arguing, more tears....of course, this brings my husband to the kitchen, who must have been napping, because now he is in a mood, and starts yelling....I'm sure the neighbors got an earful...how embarrassing! I sent everyone to their rooms and made them stay 10 ft. apart and not talk to each other... of course then the DH and me arent happy with each other--can't find the remote...it was there 2 hrs ago when I left the house...of course, then I'm ticked off, and DH said, "as long as we're complaining, "your" dog had an accident down stairs (on the tile at least) He said if she does it one more time, she's gone"---hmmmm...guess he doesn't want to make it to 21 yrs,lol. He says "so what's so good about that dog,that you can put up with her "episodes"---I said, "She can't talk"...that shut him up. Thanks for letting me vent! Men!!!! (btw, I am irritated with my dog, she has these episodes where she's really stubborn--doesn't like the damp/wet grass and wont' go, or she won't have a stool for my DH or son--it has to be the girls, she must be shy...but what can I do...guess I should get rid of him when he gets old and starts peeing his pants,lol