What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

It has been a strange 6 or 7 months. My dad passed away due to cancer last november. Earlier this spring my grandfather died and then his wife, my grandmother, passed away a couple of weeks ago. So many losses in such a short period of time. It's sad. I know it happens and is part of life, but it sure makes me think about my own humanity. Like when is it my turn, how will I die etc. I guess that is also part of being middle aged...it hits you that you are aging. I try not to dwell on it, but i do think about it frequently.

Sorry to hear about other people losing family members recently.

My deepest sympathies to all who have lossed family members and friends. It's never easy, and time does not truly 'heal all wounds", it just makes reality easier to accept, at a future date. I've been touched by this demon in the past, and I feel for you. HUGS!!

Errand running today. I have to go in a bit to the travel agent and purchase Chelsea`s tickets for her flight to Ohio. I got a good deal. $200 total for the round trip. I got about the same deal that I would have gotten if I purchased online. We were both nervous about buying them online for the first time buying tickets. So I just called the local agent and she has them on tentative till I get there.

Then off to breakfast with Fred. Mmmm!

Now I am off. Have a good day!

Getting ready to head out for errands, and then to a dh shop to see Sherri Colvin and her dolls! I am very excited!

Also waiting to hear from a friend if her DD would like one of the rehab houses I have sitting around. She is really into making minis from polymer clay and I thought maybe she might like to work on a house, too. I really hope she would like one. I have too much stuff and this girl is a total sweetheart, and such an amazing artist! She could make a showpiece out of a house if she is interested.

Took DD to our family dr today - 3rd dr since friday. She just can't stop coughing and feels lousy. She now has bronchitis and is on a 3rd different prescription. Hopefully she will be feeling better by tomorrow. If not, it's back to the dr's on friday. :wave:

I hope she gets to feeling better, Liza! We had something like that all spring. DS, both grandchildren, and I must have taken 10 prescriptions between us, trying to get over it! I hope it doesn't take her that long!

I actually finished my farmhouse bathroom today! I'm not happy with it though, it just needs something more, but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe it will come to me if I go scrub my real bathroom??? NAHHH! :wave:

Many hugs to all that need them, especially Liza and Anna.

Busy day again tomorrow, study day in Swindon. Better get to bed as I have to be on the road in 8.5 hours :wave: Couldn't get into our flat last night so had to spend the night at a local pub that has B&B rooms. I'll tell the full story tomorrow, but was't such a good nights sleep last night!

Nighty night

So what happened Muriel? Is everything okay? Did your darn landlord forget to fix something again?

I got the plane tickets for Chelsea and reserved the rental car so we are all set. Now she just has to do some shopping.

Today feels like a lazy day to me. Cloudy, rainy, and a little bit nippy. I put another coat of paint on the Pom and soon I want to stain the front porches. Not today though..do not want to open the windows. Brrr!

Yeah, I think I will pick up around the house and then I do not know what. I have been so sleepy the past couple of days. I havent even gone to the gym. I want to but my body is saying NO.

Hmmm. Plus I have to think about what to make for dinner. What are you all making?

Just staying busy around the house and babysitting DH. He is feeling well enough to be a pest, so I know he's getting back to normal. :) I'm sure glad, and will really be glad when they let him drive again and he can go to work!

Went to Michael's after some things for the next house, made a pedestal and plant for my farmhouse bathroom, sealed the wallpaper, washed a few dishes. Now I think it's about naptime!

I could use a good idea for dinner, too!

Dinner here will be cooked by the wonderful chef at Tres Amigos, our local Mexican restaurant. I just came in from four hours of hard labor in the garden, moving large flagstones from one side of the yard to the other to build a low wall. Lloyd will get his living wall after all. Anyway, I called my friend Norma Jeane and asked did they want to join us for a Mexican dinner. They just got back from a couple of weeks in Phoenix, so we need to catch up.

Soon as I get off of this computer I'm heading for a hot shower. Strangely, my muscles are not screaming after all of the heavy lifting, but a little prophylactic hydrotherapy may help to lessen the aches I know will come later.

It's cold here, too, Heidi, but just right for outdoor heavy labor. Too wet to plant, which is what I would have been doing had it not rained last night.

Well, grandma has passed away very peacefully in her sleep, unfortunatley my PILs are still in transit from their trip back home so they don't know just yet. We'll tell them when we meet them in a couple of hours.

So I might be a bit quiet around here, hubby is feeling a bit lost as do I since she was my "bonus" gran as my own died when I was around 4.

Hugs

Have some muslin tea dying for curtains in the apartment above the Kitchen for the cafe. After that think will clean the floor in that room.Maybe can find the dang piece i dropped. Have to go to pick up meds and run to the grocery store after while was going to get the mare out to ride but it is suppose to thunder so means she won't like that. So think will clean house and do laundry cause the son is going to go to help his sister for a week. :)

Well, we were due to have a flat inspection on Tuesday morning. In the evening Chris was going to get the bus into Weston so we could try out the mexican restaurant there and see if they do outside catering if we liked it. He phoned me at work at about 5:45pm to say that his key didn't work and he couldn't open the flat door. He tried phoning the agency, but of course by then they were shut, and the emergency number was still in the flat. So we cancelled that dinner and I came home to see if my key would work. Nope. It fit in the lock, but would only turn anticlockwise and wouldn't open the door (normally just a click clockwise). So I joined him at the pub where we had some dinner and tried to get hold of someone from the agency. Didn't have any luck on the phone or email. So then came the choice, do we try and get a locksmith out to open the door somehow or (which we thought would be cheaper than getting a locksmith out in the evening) stay the night at the pub (they do b&b rooms) and let the agency come and open it in the morning when they got our messages. We assumed the inspector had done something with a master key or something to lock it. It seemed to be like the clip that keeps the latch in place (in or out) was keeping the latch out and so the door locked. Normally you can only do that from the inside where the clip is, but somehow they'd managed to do it from the outside. So we asked for a room there, quite expensive for what it was, but the only option really, and made do. (Very squeeky beds, no jammies, a very expensive toothbrush, same clothes, no hairbrush, tv didn't work...I spent the night reading a bridal magazine :D )

Next morning they phoned and said they'd get a locksmith out to us. She checked with the inspector and she said she hadn't been able to get in either! So we couldn't really blame her :) she said she'd written us a note and half pushed it under the door, but that she guessed we hadn't seen it in the panic. We have a rubber tree plant outside the flat door, and I had noticed that one of the leaves had fallen off and was lying at the bottom of the door, so I actually looked there and didn't see anything. Now I hope that next time she can't get in somewhere, she thinks it might be a good idea to phone the tennants to find out why she can't get in, rather than write a note asking 'are the locks not working properly? phone us and we'll get them fixed' 'Specially as we phone them about everything else that's broken ;)

The locksmith said the clip had come down and locked it shut, but he couldn't say if it was because the lock was getting old or because someone had slammed the door too hard. I was the last one to leave and i didn't slam it.

Anyway, we asked them about getting a refund for accommodation and they basically said no... which i can kinda see, it wasn't their fault, but there wasn't any way to get in touch with them without having that emergency number from inside the flat. As Chris' phone also broke that night, we could't have accessed it anyway had he had it! We asked if we'd have called out a locksmith instead, would they have paid for that and they said yes... so we argue that we tried to save them money by going for the cheaper option, but they argue it isn't their fault. But we couldn't contact them either. We did suggest a 50:50 split, they said they'd discuss it and get back to us :p I do understand why they think they shouldn't pay, but want some of the money back and do feel they should have some way of contacting them out of hours without having access to the emergency number (which we more anticipated using when something goes wrong while we're in the flat, like we're getting flooded or our fuse box catches fire!... ) :p We'll see what they decide!

Well, grandma has passed away very peacefully in her sleep, unfortunatley my PILs are still in transit from their trip back home so they don't know just yet. We'll tell them when we meet them in a couple of hours.

So I might be a bit quiet around here, hubby is feeling a bit lost as do I since she was my "bonus" gran as my own died when I was around 4.

Hugs

My heart goes out to you. We have DH's grandmother's funeral to go to Saturday. Guess it must have been a long, hard winter on the elderly.

big, gentle hugs...

Liza

Well I had some guests today !! Free Dragon from Ohio & her family changed their vacation route to stop here & pick up that old Harrison I wanted to get rid of. It was nice to really meet someone from our mini group. Being new to minis, she didn't understand how big the Harrison was ! :) The good part was that it was put together with hot glue & after almost an hour with my heat gun, we got it to where it would fit in her trunk ! Anyway, have a safe trip, Ellen. We will be looking for photos of the rehab ! ;)

Steve in PA

Ugh!

Plumber is here working on the replacing the water valve. Easy fix. Takes no time at all. Yeahhhhh right!

The guys from the water department have been outside for about a half an hour now. They cannot turn off the water to the house. They need to bring out the big guns because the box to shut it off is hidden.

Then the plumber is having trouble getting the valve off.

I see money flying out the window....$$$$$$$ there it goes.

Waiting patiently(Yeah right) for my Primrose to arrive-can't wait til it's safe in my little fingers.

At 2,Corwin and I are meeting Uppitycats.She and her husband are visiting my neck of the woods for a while.

Sun is out, wind is not blowing and temperature is up in the 70's. That means I get to go out to the garden and tackle the weeds that continued to grow in our cold snap, where the temps didn't get above 50 for 3 days. Then it is up to the church to plant the flower garden. After that I think a nap of the front porch is in order. Rita