What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

It is a cold and rainy Sunday. I fell asleep early yesterday evening. I took both the girls out to get their hair done and I was whipped. I ate dinner (leftover shrimp and asparagus..Yum) and then Fred called around 6pm. He told me to go to sleep. He could tell I was exhausted.

I awoke at midnight. He was watching a movie and the thunder boomers woke me up. We talked for a bit and I slowly fell back to sleep.

Woke up at 8:30am. That is late for me!

I am going to go to AC Moore today to pick up the paint for the Pom exterior today. Purple is going to be the color. More on the Lilac-ish side I think.

Fred has to work today so it will be a very lazy sunday for us.

My project is done,my head-it does ache,

I've finished my tweaking,there's pictures to take.

I question what I should have changed-manipulated,rearranged.

I quess that's normal, I for one,

can surely state,"I sure had fun!" :p

Hey all, I've finished my first "house",my first contest project.Well, there are those pictures...and my camera is still being repaired (waiting for a part)Help!! Well, I can use

a friends camera...oh,oh- can I download to my computer? I already have a site with my camera. Today I'm taking off. I'll read and play around this site for a while, and worry

about the big photo shoot tomorrow.

Maybe I'll vacuum up all those bits of wood,wax,tape etc. that line my floor.

Maybe I'll catch up on laundry,bake or write bills...maybe I won't....lazy day.. :)

Have I done one bit of housework today? Not hardly! Someone should have told me earlier how much fun the mini-landscaping is! Once I got started, I can't stop, and the house is starting to look like a jungle!

I haven't decided what to do yet. I played out in the yard yesterday pulling weeds. I need to go pick up the piles, but it is very windy and cold. So maybe I will work on the living room getting it ready to paint.

I discovered a long time ago that if you leave the pile of weeds, pruned branches, etc., alone for a couple of days, they dehydrate considerably. They don't weigh as much or take up as much room when you finally dispose of them. :)

hmmm, was supposed to do housework. Have to fix our bed sometime. it has two sections of bed slats, and one of them has slipped off the middle bar holding them up, and so there's rather a dip there. Still can sleep on it, but should fix it... Every friday we say we'll fix it this weekend. Every sunday evening we say 'oh we didn't fix it again'. We don't really have a specific place for our laundry baskets, and they kinda move around from room to room depending who's been to visit last. So thought I'd try rearranging our bedroom to get a place for them. We have a chest of drawers with underwear/tshirts/jammies in that has a tv/dvd player on it. We had it there so we could watch films in bed, but since we moved in about 10 months ago, don't think we've watched it once. So that can go. Then we'll move the drawers to the hobby room and put a house on them, and move a low chest into the bedroom that the baskets can then sit on. Maybe I'll just get up and do it now and be done with it! Come on Muriel, you can do it!! :)

Muriel...Muriel...you can do it...you can do it... :):p:cheer:

P.S. Just don't ask me to do anything - I just got back from grocery shopping that DH normally does. The kids are putting the stuff away cause I am pooped!

Whoohoo, I did it!! folded all the clean laundry, sorted the rest of the laundry, and put in a new load, rearranged the furniture, and fixing the bed... done the hard work, now just waiting for the glue to dry, then we'll put it together again just before we go to bed tonight.

Gotta start cooking now, baked potatoes, chicken and veggies. We need to do a grocery shop too, probably tomorrow afternoon cause I think my meeting might finish a little early. We were thinking of doing an internet order though, so i'll see how enthusiastic Chris is to do that tonight!

On thursday the electrician is coming to replace the fuse box. On friday evening my sister and niece are coming, and a makeup person is coming for a free wedding makeup session. I did say it was a year away, but she wanted to come anyway. She'll try and get me signed up, but i'll say that i haven't made up my mind yet and have others coming too. Hopefully she won't be pushy.

Chris has the job of occupying the 4-year old for the evening. Interesting! hehe

Well, we spent the weekend over with my PILs finally celebrating their retirement (sp?) and that was sooo much fun, this morning I swung back "home" to be a hair-dressing model for a friend's son who is taking his graduating tests today (apprx 9 hours of doing different kinds of hair-do/cutting/colouring/perm etc etc....) these students work their butts of today doing all their tasks, I wouldn't like to change places with them at all! So have all new colour and hair style, neat but nothing I will continue doing in the mornings I can assure you that! Sheesh and LOL, he is really nice though and I hope that he passes!

Then I drove back to my PILs and spent a few more hours with them until the phone rang and it was the nurse who checks up on hubby's paternal grandmother now and again and she had been having chest pains so off my PILs went in a hurry and we still haven't heard back from them so is having the phone close by and hoping for the best.

Hugs

This morning I decided to try to change a few things about my store site, when some extra editing buttons kept highlighting and giving me results I didn't want. Finally I decided, fine, I'll just go back to the way it was, when to my horror ALL my products vanished! talk about heart palipitations!!!!!

I went back to editing, stupid buttons still kept highlighting, but I finally got it settled down.

Everything on the site looked fine, and I hit the publish button.

15 minutes later DH walks in and asks what I did to the Accessories section? The page was empty!! I tossed aside the griddle wherein I was cooking my son's pancakes and rushed back to the computer. I fidddled and fiddled and got the accessories page back.

DH and I went out for a few hours, and in the car he goes, are you sure the shopping cart works ok? I said I hadn't touched the shopping cart page. he replied, I don't know.....you should have checked it.

On the drive home I kept hoping someone had placed an order so I'd know the shopping cart function was fine. Someone did place an order while we were out, whew! it all works.

I have not really decided what to do yet. I watered the lawn while I was getting my grandson ready to go home. We have had him for two weeks. I forgot how much energy a 4 year old had. All i wanted to do was crash when they left.

But I went to Bend to Mickaels and got a few things I wanted but still not what I wanted to make lamps out of. To hot to go on in to Bend to go to the hobby shop wait till next week and my son can drive. But I did get a cute bird house that looks like a Publeo so will work it over I think this nest few days. And got my puzzle houses and put then away. Really need to clean the craft room while i am the only one home need a bigger path. :):p Cayrol

Doug and I brought up the swing from behind the house to the deck and assembled it, then I went down into the basement and brought up the awning for it, the cushions, etc., and we had a grand time swinging for about 5 minutes. We have had some trees cut down this week for fire mitigation and have 6 or 7 more to cut down. Our friend down the road is doing this for us in exchange for the wood. this is also improving our beautiful view as well.

I'm very nervous about upcoming Thursday. I've never had a biopsy done before, and I'm really nervous. Keep your fingers crossed for me please.

The China Painting studio is set up in the dining room, and I hope I can start on it tomorrow. I was supposed to do it this weekend, but life interfered. But it will be done!

Things will work out Gina and with all our thoughts coming your way,it will be Okay.Just try and rest when you can and remember we love you :p:):cheer: Sending ooodles of hugs and lots of love your way.Because I need my big sister.

I'm very nervous about upcoming Thursday. I've never had a biopsy done before, and I'm really nervous. Keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Try and keep your spirits up, my Wolfie, and I will worry for you! I still need my Wolfie mom, I've only had you in my life for such a short time, and I want to keep you forever!

:)

Hugs from me to you!

Gina, I've had several items biopsied. The procedure is never as bad as worrying about the outcome!

Muriel, I was going to suggest keeping the saundry baskets under the bed to hold it up until y'all get around to fixing the slats.

Kathie, those lightning "bugs" are just too cute! I wonder how you could make them in mini...

They sound scarier then they really are sometimes. They will freeze the area with lidocaine and then give you a shot of Novocaine to numb the area being done. Then they will test it. If you feel anything at all, let them know. They can give you another squirt of Nova to really numb it up.

That is what was done for me and what I am going to go thru again on Friday. I will be with YOU in spirit on Thursday and YOU be with me in spirit on Friday!

*i havent forgotten about the man I need that you will provide. Just want to get thru this week first.*

Gloomy day. Went to the grocery store this morning and picked up some bone-in chicken breasts for a steal. I think I am making them for dinner tonite. Nat is on a *I hate chicken* phase but I do not care. I want roasted chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and buttered asparagus! <stamping foot>

Fred has to work this weekend and Memorial Day so we wont really be doing anything. He has July 4th off so we will do a cook out then.

So hubby's grandma is still in hospital, they want to monitor her a few more days and then she will probably stay at a assisted living facility until fully recovered. Still not sure about that though, will hopefully get the details settled tomorrow...

Keeping fingers crossed that everythign works out so that she feels comfortable with whatever is decided!

Hugs

I found a new chicken recipe that I am going to try tonite.

Chinese Roast chicken with gravy.

(I am using breasts with bones in but this recipe is for a whole chicken)

Ingredients:

1 (4 lbs) whole chicken

3/4 cup soy sauce (i am going to use low sodium)

1/3 cup sesame oil

1 cup chicken stock

1/8 cup cornstarch

1/4 cup water

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 deg F

2. Place chicken in a roasting pan. Coat with soy sauce and bake at 400 deg F for 30 mins. Reduce heat to 350 deg F and bake for an hour.

3. Drizzle oil over chicken and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove Chicken from oven.

4. To make gravy: Put roasting pan on stove, pour chicken stock in pan and bring to boil. Stir frequently, scraping up bits. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water, mix. Stir into mixture in roasting pan. Stir until thick gravy is achieved. Salt and pepper to taste.

I am going to make chive mashed potatoes to go with this. I am in the mood for a nice roasted chicken.