Hi from a Pierce Fan in Florida

ItzKathyP

I've actually dipped my toe in the Forum's pool by sending a very tentative post and got so encouraged by the nice responses that I thought it was time to introduce myself.

I'm Kathleen and I live 10 minutes from the beach in Palm Coast, Florida with my husband, 3 dogs and 2 cats. I was born & raised in Chicago, and find this southern lifestyle to be pretty cool. Hi to y'all from Texas, since we lived there for 14 years before moving here.

My Pierce, which finally showed up on my doorstep on Christmas Eve, will be my first dollhouse - kind of. I started one many, many years ago, and became disheartened after my litter of puppies chewed off the porch. Obviously, I haven't given up on either dollhouses or animals - I'm just going to keep them separated better this time!

I think the Pierce is just awesome and can't wait to really get started. The browsing I've done here during the past few weeks has been SO helpful! You're all a talented bunch of people.

Any Pierce suggestions would be MOST welcome. Meanwhile I'll be haunting the galleries & forums to pick up helpful hints. I may even post a few pictures as I go, if I can get up the nerve.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL!

Hi and :hmm:!! The Pierce is a great house. I want another one some day. My mother and I built one when I was in middle school. When my parents moved my mother gave it to my cousins who did not take the best care of it and I threw it out before I figured out where I could get supplies to repair it. UGH!!

Enjoy yours!!

:o

Hi Kathleen ... welcome to the community!

I, too, grew up in and near Chicago. Bounced around from coast to coast to coast and landed in mid-Missouri, where I found minis. I, too, have a Pierce waiting in the wings. Will be eager to see what you do with yours. Mine is going to become an inn in the old country, the Czech Republic. :hmm:

Welcome to the forum, Kathleen from Palm Coast, I'm holly in Havana (NW of Tallahassee). I haven't built the Pierce, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it if one appeared on my doorstep!lol We are all newbies in one way or another, so make yourself to home.

Hi Kathleen,

welcome! You will love building your Pierce, it is still my favourite house!

Important is to dry fit it and see where you might have to sand or alter a little for the best result, and, NO HOT glue, just woodglue,

Welcome, Kathleen-- what kokkie said, about dry-fitting. I primed and wallpapered my Pierce wall pieces before assembly, and it really makes a difference for the fit-- not necessarily in a good way...! There were some pretty scary gaps, and much woodpaste was applied...!