My First Dollhouse

Diana M.

I completed my Beacon Hill in October! It took me a little over a year to build. I was slow in the beginning, because I was having too much fun buying interiors! I am currently building the Willowcrest. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Diana

post-2631-1198329734_thumb.jpg

post-2631-1198329827_thumb.jpg

post-2631-1198329913_thumb.jpg

post-2631-1198329988_thumb.jpg

post-2631-1198330006_thumb.jpg

post-2631-1198330028_thumb.jpg

post-2631-1198330066_thumb.jpg

post-2631-1198330113_thumb.jpg

post-2631-1198330244_thumb.jpg

post-2631-1198330381_thumb.jpg

Diane, your Beacon Hill is magnificant! Beautiful! Elegant! All the things I love to see in a dollhouse! The detailing is fantastic - right down to the closet with the gown inside! What beautiful eye candy!

Wolfie

Diana, it's beautiful. I, too, love all of the detail, and the way you fit the furniture in the rooms without making it look overcrowded is masterful. The details on the doorframes and the staining on all of the woodwork looks like a real life house. Please do make an album. I'll want to be visiting it regularly as I work on my own Beacon Hill. :p

I also vote for the album! Wow, you have all the wonderful little detailed touches that bring our mini homes to life. Awesome! And such a lovely Painted Lady, too! Congratulations on a job well done! I can't wait to see your Willowcrest, which I also hope to start on this year.

I completed my Beacon Hill in October! It took me a little over a year to build. I was slow in the beginning, because I was having too much fun buying interiors! I am currently building the Willowcrest. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Diana

OMG!!!!

Thats your first dollhouse???

AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Thank you all for the kind words about my Beacon! You have made my day! I'm very new to the Greenleaf site (just joined a couple days ago or so) I'm still learning to navigate through the site. And I'm trying to figure out how to start an album??? I'm getting a message that states I'm not authorized?? I would like to add pictures of my Willowcrest in progress.

Happy Holidays!

Diana

...And I'm trying to figure out how to start an album??? I'm getting a message that states I'm not authorized?? I would like to add pictures of my Willowcrest in progress.

Happy Holidays!

Diana

You're one post away, Diana-- at five posts, you'll be authorized to open up that album for us!

Everyone, Thank you so much for the compliments! It is very kind of you all! I'm really enjoying looking around and reading topics from the Greenleaf site. You guys are a wonderful group of dollhouse friends!

After my chores today, I'm going to attempt putting an album together!! Wish me luck! I would like to share all the pictures of my Beacon Hill and my Willowcrest in progress! :p

Hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday season!

Take care,

Diana

Glenville, WV

Thanks so much Bea, you are very kind! I did make some mistakes while building my Beacon, I learned little tricks along the way to help cover them up! :xmas_tree: The second floor staircase was a big one...I was using hot glue (which I have learned from this site that it's not recommended!) well as I was sliding the staircase in it began to stick quickly and hot glue smeared all over my wallpaper! The staircase is not flush with the front wall, like it should be. To help cover up this mistake I re-wallpapered the best I could (and it still looked bad) then one day I was going through all my left over pieces and I was looking at the left over piece from where the stairs was puched out, well I cut it out to fit, stained it and placed it along side the wall all the way up the stairs, and it covered up all that glue!! And my third floor hallway...the wallpaper is upside down!! You know, I did not realize it until it was finished and I was looking closely at my pictures! :p And there were many more mistakes along the way!!

I'm sure your dollhouse will be just perfect...there are always a few tricks up everybody's sleeve!! :kicking:

Take care and have a wonderful day!

Diana

DIANA, TALK ABOUT HOT GLUE, WELL I ACTUALLY FOLLOWED DIRECTIONS MAKING MY HARRISON AND USED HOT GLUE!! WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS. NOT ONLY DID I BURN MY HANDS A MILLION TIMES, BUT IF I DIDN'T WORK FAST ENOUGH PUTTING THE TABS IN THE SLOTS, I HAD TO GET THE HAIR DRYER OUT AND MELT IT AND START OVER. :xmas_tree: "NEVER AGAIN". I LEARNED THE HARD WAY. I THINK I'M ON HOUSE # 10 AND I STILL CAN'T FINISH A HOUSE WITHOUT SCREWING SOMETHING UP. BUT I'LL KEEP ON TRYING. :p