What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Judith, I know the doll I want, I'm just waiting for HBS to get the Artisan Flair dolls back. They have a great businessman doll.

I'm still plugging away at this, made a paper bread bag for the loaf of bread this morning while drinking my coffee, and a couple of embroidered cuptowels last night. That may be it for today, too! They have a huge lady's club rummage sale in the old grocery store building across from Hobby Lobby, today. I couldn't go for the first day, but maybe will find some cool junk to bring home.

Sherry your kitchen is gorgious! I have to be different, of course, I like the blue rug better. You really are a designer with excellent taste. Love that stove! Just beautiful! :cheer:

Ohhh I like the table and chairs! :)

Sherry, the kitchen is great! I love the kitchen set. And, I'm with Roxy, I kinda like the blue rug too, but that's a good point someone had about the flowers.

Jeremy, how aggravating. I hope you get your wiring trouble fixed quickly with not too much dismantling.

Well, it's not flowers, just leaves, but anyhow! I'll let the blue one sit for a while and think about it. Went to the rummage sale and no minis at all. Lots of old lady clothes and tupperware. I did get a bag full of books to read, though.

Bummer Jeremy :lol: . Hopfully it's something minor and easily found so you don't have to dismantle the whole thing. Have faith, it's probably something right under your nose and when you find it you'll say "Well dah, no wonder it didn't work". I had one of those moments a couple of days ago when I was tapewiring my house. Couldn't figure out why the runs that came off the main line wouldn't work. Well Dah Judith it would help if you put the stupid brads in "pink on pink" and "blue on blue".

I know how much work you put into your houses, so I hope it's an easy fix.

I love old lady clothes in tiny prints and once I found a gorgeous silk cocktail dress covered in beads and sequins that took me over a year to remove & sort through!.

Well, I thought I was going to do all the trim in the bathroom until I realized I had only painted one piece of crown molding! What was I thinking of?? So now I'm back to painting again. At least the baseboards are done, and all the molding in the bay. Just two long strips to glue in.

and one more photo with a different rug. This one has no blue in it, but more orange. I can't decide!

gallery_3692_3798_30682.jpg

Hi Sherry~

I would go with the orange. The orange provides a contrast in your kitchen. The orange rug really looks nice in the kitchen.

Judith, I know the doll I want, I'm just waiting for HBS to get the Artisan Flair dolls back. They have a great businessman doll.

I'm still plugging away at this, made a paper bread bag for the loaf of bread this morning while drinking my coffee, and a couple of embroidered cuptowels last night. That may be it for today, too! They have a huge lady's club rummage sale in the old grocery store building across from Hobby Lobby, today. I couldn't go for the first day, but maybe will find some cool junk to bring home.

You're lucky to have a Hobby Lobby nearby, and a rummage sale! No craftstore in my area except out on the highway and that's too far away. I was searching online for thrift stores or secondhand stores in the area and found nothing. Bummer, 20 years ago they were everywhere now - nothing. Everyone's gone out of business. When I think of all the possibilities for mini treasure that I've missed I could kick myself. There was a thrift store next to the grocery market where I shop but they closed 2 years ago. HOWEVER, I have renewed hope...Friday when the delivery truck was pulling out of the parking lot to bring me home I saw a big sign on a telephone pole that said OPEN - with an arrow pointing at the thrift place, so maybe they're back in business. Gonna have to check it out, it's just the type of place that might have something good hiding on a dusty shelf.

There used to be a huge flea market deal south of me...acres of vendors, but I haven't been there in years and I don't think they do it any more. Bummer. These days I just wait for my son to come up for a visit and then get him to take me places. The next time he comes I hope he has BIG gas money cause his mother has an agenda :lol:

Hope HBS gets the dolls back in, ideally during a MAJOR sale B) cause every bachelor needs buddies to hang out with. Good luck, I can't wait to see the rest of your house.

Oh! And your idea for using craftpaper worked out great. You turned me on to the paper and Otterine put up a picture of her walls using the paper and I went straight online and got my paper in fabulous fall colors at Cardstock Headquarters. I can't wait for it to get here so I can get started on the walls

Glad you found what you wanted! I did paint the kitchen in my house, but used linen look solids for the bathroom and solids combined with prints for the LR and BR. I really think it looks so much better than just paint and the coordinated papers are great for choosing color schemes for rooms!

I'm working on my second kitchen floor. The first one was too dark.

Also, I'm painting and sanding all of the trim. I'm almost finished with the third floor attic.

I have put off the lighting, but I got everything that I could possibly need in case something goes wrong. NOTHING BETTER GO WRONG!!!!

Fingers crossed!

I finished the first floor lighting layout, (leaving enough tape on the end so I can do the second and third floor with one continuous wire when I get to that stage) I just need to put up the partition walls and I can secure the tapewire and put up my wall color. I spent yesterday routing out an opening in the kitchen cabinet so I could could have an under cabinet light over the stove. The light is actually attached to the wall and the cabinet slides in over it. I had to move it over a bit after I took this picture, but it came out really nice.

I'm trying to get the kids to bed so I can trouble shoot the lighting problem. I was up until well after midnight trying to get my son to go to sleep and then spent the rest of the night trying to figure out a way to get the lights running without rebuilding the deck.

I was distracted though. A wasp flew inside my riding vest and stung me in the side of my ribs on my way to Tina's Dollhouses yesterday. I guess it was going to happen one of these days.

I tested a theory. There aren't any sparks when I touch the other wires to the transformer leads, so I unplugged the dome light for the secret wine cellar. The other two lights worked! :lol: If the wires within the dome light's adapter are making contact with each other, that would be the cause of the problem. Problem now is, I can't remove the adapter to fix the light. At least I won't have to tear up the floor.

Wasp sting? Ouch!

The Knole settee is drying in the vise and I cut & stained the library table parts. I've got a couple of items, dressers, to make for the bedrooms and finish off the servants' beds and make their folding screens. I have decided yes on baseboards, no on cornices.

Bathroom progress-still looking for a modern toilet, but he had to have something to use! In this room, I made the tub, shower, rug, door, sink (out of a Craig's list piece of furniture). Hmmm-that's all that's in there! I want a fancy silver framed mirror, and some extravagant light over the tub (something in mind for that), window shades so the neighbors don't complain, and lots of plants. I also need to put trim around the shower on the side against the wall to make it look more built in rather than 'dropped in'. I'm trying the blue rug out in here now!

gallery_3692_3798_16042.jpg

If the wires within the dome light's adapter are making contact with each other, that would be the cause of the problem. Problem now is, I can't remove the adapter to fix the light. At least I won't have to tear up the floor.

See...if it was a snake it woulda bit ya! :lol:

I'm being a very busy girl! The pharmacy is getting there. The not-quite-rectangular box is all nailed together and the front door trimmed and scraped and sanded to fit. The printies were done last night. The walls and ceiling are painted, the floor is painted too, but will get something else on it still, not sure what yet. The divider wall is cut to shape and fits. The shelves have been printed, but gotta do the wooden surrounding still. And the counter and under counter bits have been built. These took longest today, but look good! Made some baskets with the wire mesh i have. The holes are too big, but it works ok in pretend :lol:

Tomorrow gotta finish the floor, finish the shelves, build the till and computer and screens, and figure out how to do a set of shelves holding lots of bags of tablets, in a way that won't take long, do something with the door - paint or stain it - and decide whether i can leave the outside of the box as a wooden box B) I guess we'll see how much time I have left to finish it by tomorrow night! Also got our wedding flowers to sort tomorrow with the florist, so that'll be time away from mini work.

Now that my store is done ( I know I have to post pictures!) I turned back to work on my Farm house again. I am making a bookshelf for the livingroom out of.......tah dah you guessed it.....a micheal's hutch. :lol:

I'm being a very busy girl! The pharmacy is getting there. The not-quite-rectangular box is all nailed together and the front door trimmed and scraped and sanded to fit. The printies were done last night. The walls and ceiling are painted, the floor is painted too, but will get something else on it still, not sure what yet. The divider wall is cut to shape and fits. The shelves have been printed, but gotta do the wooden surrounding still. And the counter and under counter bits have been built. These took longest today, but look good! Made some baskets with the wire mesh i have. The holes are too big, but it works ok in pretend :lol:

Tomorrow gotta finish the floor, finish the shelves, build the till and computer and screens, and figure out how to do a set of shelves holding lots of bags of tablets, in a way that won't take long, do something with the door - paint or stain it - and decide whether i can leave the outside of the box as a wooden box B) I guess we'll see how much time I have left to finish it by tomorrow night! Also got our wedding flowers to sort tomorrow with the florist, so that'll be time away from mini work.

Whew! I got worn out just reading all the stuff you got done today. I think I'll go take a nap in your name :oops:

I didn't get much done today. I picked up a couple of 1/16" X 4" wood sheets at the mini lumber store, but I already bought the last of their 1/8" X 3/8" boards for framing the roof last week, so I'll have to wait for the next batch. I wasn't able to pick up new fuses for the power strips either. I did map the framing for one of the roof ends in actual scale on a sheet of paper. I used the drawing as a template to cut the boards for a perfect fit. I also cut panels to build the wood form for one of the chimneys. They'll be nearly 2' high just from the base of the attic to the final caps.