What's everyone working on?

THmini2

Too funny (or should I say frustrating) Judith! I know how you feel.

I stayed up late last night putting in the windows, sanding and painting all the porch parts, shutters, window boxes and roof, fixed all the wallpaper, and glued on the gable. Stained and painted a little bit of trim (not like the ton Sherry is doing!) to cover some internal corners where I don't like how the wallpaper is laying. I wanted to try and assemble everything I did tonight, but I'm still here at work trying to do RL stuff so we can leave on Thusday for our trip. So, getting the house done before I leave is not looking too good right now. But, if I can get out of here in a couple hours, I may be able to do some gluing - if I could just glue the stuff I have ready, I'd be happy.

Kirsten

OK that's it, I'm coming over to the US to get one of these Michael's hutches that everyone uses so creatively. While I'm there I shall also be going to hobby lobby and the dollar store for all those fab things too. :cheer:

OK that's it, I'm coming over to the US to get one of these Michael's hutches that everyone uses so creatively. While I'm there I shall also be going to hobby lobby and the dollar store for all those fab things too. :yes:

Oh well tht sounds like a great plan, I would love to come and join you in a huuuuge shopping spree LOL, but not sure it is the wisest thing to do right now though :cheer: with a house sale and move in the near future... Those hutches are great though and one can't have enough of 'em around as when they are starting to "run short" one really an't bear to start working on them....

Hugs

Well, I reshingled my gable roof parts and finally got them attached the right way. I repainted the front and side gable walls as well. :cheer: .

I was all ready to pick out wall color and start papering, when those damnable little kitchen cabinets kept staring at me. The more they stared the more I knew I couldn't go any further until I...you guessed it...sanded them down AGAIN and repainted them! That's time number 3 for those of you who are counting. Guys I just couldn't take it. The more I looked at those things the more I hated them. The paint finish just wasn't right, it looked thick and glumpy and I just couldn't let it go, so out came the Dremel and off came the paint. I'm really getting to the point where I'm hating these little boogers, I've spent more time working on them than I have on the whole rest of the house, and I'm still not finished with them. The Drem did the hard part, now I still have some hand sanding to do to make sure everything is nice and smooth. They say the third time is the charm...I hope they're right, cause I have a SAW and these little cabinets don't know what kind of danger they're in!

Meanwhile, I did manage to get both the pantry and French doors painted and mounted with hardware, they, thank heaven, were cooperative and turned out well.

So....off I go for another round with the booger cabinets. Wish me luck or you may be reading about me later....Headline: Maddened Miniaturist Mauls Caustic Cabinetry - News at 11:00.

OK that's it, I'm coming over to the US to get one of these Michael's hutches that everyone uses so creatively. While I'm there I shall also be going to hobby lobby and the dollar store for all those fab things too. :yes:

Bring some real haggis! The stuff they try to pass off over here comes in a tube. :cheer:

Bring some real haggis! The stuff they try to pass off over here comes in a tube. :cheer:

Lol, I do think it is funny when they market things differently in different countries!

:cheer: I need some too, couldn't we asked Michels and the Hobby Lobby to start a shop somewhere in Europe.

...those damnable little kitchen cabinets kept staring at me. The more they stared the more I knew I couldn't go any further until I...you guessed it...sanded them down AGAIN and repainted them! That's time number 3 for those of you who are counting. Guys I just couldn't take it. The more I looked at those things the more I hated them. The paint finish just wasn't right, it looked thick and glumpy and I just couldn't let it go, so out came the Dremel and off came the paint. I'm really getting to the point where I'm hating these little boogers, I've spent more time working on them than I have on the whole rest of the house, and I'm still not finished with them. The Drem did the hard part, now I still have some hand sanding to do to make sure everything is nice and smooth. They say the third time is the charm...I hope they're right, cause I have a SAW and these little cabinets don't know what kind of danger they're in....off I go for another round with the booger cabinets. Wish me luck or you may be reading about me later....Headline: Maddened Miniaturist Mauls Caustic Cabinetry - News at 11:00.
Have you thought of trying to drown them in stain?

REAL haggis? <blurg>(I haven't had breakfast yet!...never mind...)

Picked up an Orchid yesterday at Hobby Lobby with my coupon! This is going to be my grandaughter's house. Figure I'll leave off most of the gingerbread for eye safety and durability. But, alas, yard work awaits me today--can't put it off, there's a storm coming in tonight.

This is just a trial but, I need some opinions Please!!!!!! I am working on Wisteria Vines, normally I would do them the enameled way but this time I wanted to try doing them using paper, so I have figured out what to use for the flowers, and tried something for the budding areas at the bottoms of the flower clusters and that's what I need help on...Are they too big? Not enough bud coloring on them? OR??????post-72-1272468045_thumb.jpg

This is just a trial but, I need some opinions Please!!!!!! I am working on Wisteria Vines, normally I would do them the enameled way but this time I wanted to try doing them using paper, so I have figured out what to use for the flowers, and tried something for the budding areas at the bottoms of the flower clusters and that's what I need help on...Are they too big? Not enough bud coloring on them? OR??????post-72-1272468045_thumb.jpg

Oh those are perfect, you have such a great eye (and a steady hand) with flowers. Those could go right over to the 'Desparate Housewives'. :cheer:

Thank YOU!!!!!

Oh those are perfect, you have such a great eye (and a steady hand) with flowers. Those could go right over to the 'Desparate Housewives'. :cheer:

I think I finally have these cabinets whipped into shape...maybe :cheer: . After looking at the island cabinet for what seemed like hours, I finally decided that maybe it's not the paint, but the color that's wrong B) . I've been painting it white and of course every little ding, dent, ripple or bulge in the wood stands out like a sore thumb. So....I decided to paint that one piece chocolate brown :D . Had to do a little color adjustment on the countertops so everything would look cohesive, but so far I'm liking it. The brown is drying nicely, and maybe it's just the really good sanding I gave it, but so far so good. Also, I changed paint type. :yes: Instead of using the regular interior house paint, I used acrylic craft paint instead...it looks good.

I have spent the past few days working on the Beacon floors. I have made templates for them and have been busy glueing down the skinny sticks for my hardwood floors. I have my dining room floor completed stained and varnished, and I'm quite happy with the results. Yesterday I started my living room floor but only have half of it done so far, I'm hoping to get my wiring done over the next couple of days so I can get my wallpaper put up this weekend. I'm so excited it is actually starting to look like a house, I will post some pics later this week!

Your wisteria is beautiful, Shelly. I love wisteria!

I have gotten quite a bit of the trim in the rooms, and finished putting in all the windows today. If I would just finish the roof for the tower, it would look like a house!

Work on my townhouse is on hold. I ran out of crown molding and I simply have to have some to help support the second floor ceiling. It's on order and should come in a few days.

I cut a new panel for said ceiling, from one of the few clear sections of birch plywood I had. I bought the pice amny, many months ago. It had flaws on both sides but it was the first fairly straight piece I'd seen in ages. Of course, today I discovered that the piece I cut out has some kind of dent flaws on the good side. Just another one of those days where I feel i just can't win. :cheer: <---- me saluting as I go down with the ship.

I'm also thinking of calling it just the townhouse, as I'm beginning to think it might be a better idea to just cut an acrylic panel for the front and show off the interior rather than fight the warped front.