What's everyone working on?

THmini2

I finally attached the 1st floor deck to the rest of the house. The wiring needs an extension to reach the power strips and I don't have any of the same gauged wire left over, so I'm delayed again.

I did start landscaping the front yard. I took a pic of the styrofoam I used to sculpt the yard. This will be the one time it looks like it snowed the day before.

Grazhe, will spackle help with the dents in the ceiling? And what about cutting a new front piece without warp, or ordering a new one?

We're leaving in a little while for parts without wi-fi, so I hope to see you when we get back in a couple of weeks.

Those look great, Shelly!

I got home a little early and got all the trim up in the tower room, and most of the baseboards in the bedroom. i'd keep going until I got it done, but I talked DH into taking me to try out the new, frou-frou hamburger joint.

Shelley, your wisteria is beautiful! Here this stuff grows wild, but only blooms for a very short time, with yours you get to see the beautiful blooms always! :wub:

Wow Shelley, those are lovely, so delicate. I wish my hands were as steady as yours, if I manage to get anything to 90% of what it's supposed to look like I call myself lucky. Great Job! :wub:

Well the house either had a guilty conscience about the way its treated me over the last few days, or it just decided to take pity on me because today was an excellent day :wub: . I got my wallpaper up in the kitchen and the dining area, I installed my light switches in both areas so now I have lights that work independently from the power source. I glued some of my groceries into the pantry, dryfit the area to the house and installed the pantry door, I installed the French doors in the dining area and took pics (11) for my album. All in all it was a very good day. If I have time later tonight, I plan on adding another switch by the front door in the foyer. Life is good :throw: .

I agree with everyone else Shelly, your flowers are beautiful!!

Well I'm heading down stairs to get started on my wiring!! I'm a little nervous as this is my first time building a dollhouse never mind taking on the task of wiring at the same time. I must be crazy, but I have faith in myself, I think!! I'm hoping to get the wiring completed and start putting up the wallpaper, I should have some pics for you all by the end of the weekend!!!

Well I had a great day today, got my chandeliers and sconce wired in. I used a "scrap wood" technique so that I could get the lamps in WITHOUT having to put in my second floor (ceiling for the first floor) or the partition walls prematurely. I took pics and did a brief tutorial and put it in the Farmhouse album.

Right now, I'm waiting on six more deliveries, three pieces of furniture, wallpaper, cardstock, lumber for window trim. All-in-all, a very good day! :wub:

Still try to finish my Westville and in the mean time, now I finally have my working space back also do an attempt to finish my lighthouse. Mostly I work at two small projects at the same time. There is always something wet, so I can go on when one thing is drying with something else.

Today I have finished the floor for my lighthouse, and I'm happy with the result. I have made the brick's one by one, just as Dutch lighthouses have.

post-2861-1272808652_thumb.jpg

Well I did manage to get the first and second floor completely wired!! Whew!!! I just need to finish more of the third floor before I can continue with the wiring up there. I tested, tested, tested, and retested and so far everything seems to work fine, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that nothing goes wrong as I am wallpapering today!! I have been doing all of my floors on templates thus far, and intend to do the same with my wallpaper, so I can easily get at the wiring if any problems should arise. I will try and post pics of my progress later today!!

Mar, those bricks look great!! Wow!

Congrats Shelly on getting 2 floors wired!

Yesterday I primed the ceilings of the Beacon Hill, and cut out and stained the kitchen floor. I opened the boxes of the 2 wiring kits I have, but still didn't take anything out of the plastic. I'm never going to get this house wired. Hoping today to make some more progress on something.

Still try to finish my Westville and in the mean time, now I finally have my working space back also do an attempt to finish my lighthouse. Mostly I work at two small projects at the same time. There is always something wet, so I can go on when one thing is drying with something else.

Today I have finished the floor for my lighthouse, and I'm happy with the result. I have made the brick's one by one, just as Dutch lighthouses have.

post-2861-1272808652_thumb.jpg

Fabulous job on the floor! :chat: What did you use to make the bricks? I always admire the patience it takes to make a floor with that kind of detail, but making all those tiny little bricks one at a time takes it to a whole other level. :p Great job!

Thanks for the compliments, I have made them of clay, original made as how they be made original, and yes it was a :chat: of a job, still seeing bricks, I even dream in brick, LOL. But the lighthouse become very special, a honor to my grandmom who adores the sea, so it was worth all the work.

Wow! Amazing brickwork, Mar. I wouldn't know where to start a pattern like that. I might have to use your technique. I've been waiting on an order of bricks for months, so I might have to start making my own.

Finally finished wiring the 1st floor of the Tudor to the main house structure. Since the bricks haven't arrived and my In-laws are flying in on Thursday, I'm getting ready to shelf the house for a month. :chat:

I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped, but was able to get the floor for the living room completed and 2 coats of stain on it. I will put the third coat of stain on today and then it will be ready for the clear coat. I did manage to get one wall wallpapered, however I was hoping to have the living room and dining room walls completed by the end of the weekend so I could post some pics. This did not happen as planned, so sorry everyone but you are going to have to wait just a little bit longer. I will get them posted, I promise!!