Another "new kid on the block"

Hello, all my fellow miniature lovers! I am from Kentucky (Lexington - in the midst of beautiful horse country), and I am a lifelong miniature lover. About 5 years ago, I had a house fire and lost every single thing I owned (no insurance), including the beautiful dollhouse my Dad made me when I was 9. I still feel the loss acutely. And while there is no way to replace that treasure, I am happy to report that I have managed to start a new miniatures collection. Right now, my special treasure is a Mexican hacienda dollhouse that I designed & my Dad has built for me. I will be doing the wiring, roofing, stucco work, painting, and landscaping. I am at a bit of a standstill, at the moment - I am having to do the steps as I can afford them, but I have been enjoying making treasures to go inside & looking at the things I have collected for it. I wish I still had the original house my Dad spent so many hours on, but I am supremely grateful that my Dad (at 73) has been able to make this one for me. It is going to be a real beauty, and I am very proud of it. I know all of your miniatures are fabulous, too, and I look so forward to getting to know many of you better. Happy Minis to you all! Rhonda

Hi and welcome to the forum. I know what you mean when you say that you have to buy when you have the$. You are so luckky that you still have your dad and he is able to build this house for you. It will be something that you will cherish forever. Looking forward to pictures. Teresa :p

Hi Rhonda!

Glad you joined the forum. I hope you and your dad will enjoy building this house! I built one with my mother a couple of years ago and it was a great experience I will always remember.

Welcome to the forum, Rhonda! I'm so sorry that you lost your childhood dh, but how wonderful that you and your Dad can work together on the hacienda. Southwestern does seem to be very popular just now - the Dollhouse Miniatures mag. has a 1/4 scale adobe house project.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new treasure soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and welcome to the forum! Dollhouses built by dads are the best I think! Sounds like you have a new start and beginning! We can't go back, but we can go forward! Going forward with your dad still beside you is wonderful!

Wolfie

hello, and welcome!

how awful to have had that fire, but how wonderful that you and your father can build together!

looking forward to hearing more about you, and seeing your projects,

:)

• 2 weeks later...

To all my wonderful new friends who welcomed me to the forum . . . Thank you SO much! I really appreciate all the nice messages and well wishes. I am just so glad I found this wonderful website and got to be introduced to all of you. Sharing your beautiful work brightens all of our days, and I look forward to participating in this group for many happy years to come. In fact, I just spoke to my brother, who has a burgeoning interest in this craft, and he plans to join as well! I also look forward to sharing pictures of my miniature collection with you all. Once again, thank you! I look forward to getting to know you all much better in the future. Rhonda