My latest doll outfit

peggyquade

post-924-1175664985_thumb.jpg

I've put some pictures in my album...not quite finished with this outfit but I thought I would share what I've got done so far. The fitted bodice doesn't show up very well in the pictures. The bodice has a little peplum that isn't showing up well either. I'm going to put tiny pearl "buttons" down the front and the back of the boddice. Her overdress is made of a heavy, striped silk in shades of olive green. The under dress is made of gray silk, trimmed in an intricate ecru lace with a deep gold, slightly metallic ribbon trim. The sleeves are wide and trimmed with the same lace as the underskit. She has a dark gold trim around the high neck of the bodice. The back of the dress is gathered up in the style of the period and a large, self-fabric bow holds up the gathered fabric. I'm going to crochet a lacy, ecru colored shawl for her to wear over her shoulders...she'll hold down the edge with her right hand. Her left hand will be holding onto the top of an umbrella trimmed in lace (like the ones in the Paradise doll pictures). She'll wear a jaunty little hat, made out of the same green silk of her dress, trimmed in tiny ecru roses, ribbons and lace. All ready for a stroll about town!

Peggi, your dolls are really lovely. I particularly like the subdued colors this lady is wearing. You have a nice eye for making a "put together" ensemble. :wave: