I got a new toy!

Deb

I wandered into Target today and drifted thru the power tool section. (I can't help it, I have to go pet the power tools in any store and see what's new) As I was looking down the shelves, a bright light came down from above and I heard angels singing (okay, so that might have just been a flourescent flickering and the muzak playing, but let me have my little delusions)

There, on the shelf was that magical sign we all love to see:

"Clearance"

And right under it was a Dremel Stylus. I couldn't believe my eyes, but they had it marked down to $48. I commenced to happy dancing right there in the aisle, hugging it to my chest and chanting "mine, mine, mine". Scared the heck out of a little old man looking at screwdrivers.

Wait, it gets better.

When I got to the checkout, I remembered I had a gift card in my wallet leftover from the holidays. I ended up walking out of the store with a Dremel Stylus for only $25. Wooohooooo!

I'm gonna go plug it in and charge it up now. Wanna guess what I'll be doing tomorrow? hehehehehehehehehee

Deb

Yeah Deb...you did real good. Don't you just love when you find a bargain like that?? Actually I could use one of those to make the doorway's in my BH a little bigger. Enjoy your new toy :wave:

It should be charged up by now, so I'm gonna head back to the studio and play around with some wood scraps and see what I can do with it.

On the topic of the Stylus, tell me what y'all do with yours? What do you like using it for the best, and what do you find it can do that a regular dremel can't? What have you made with it, or do you just use it in the process of building? I'm looking at the engraving bits and thinking that with the control offered by the style of the dremel that it might make for some interesting wood carvings on a mini scale, or cool architectural features. Show and tell guys!! I know a lot of you got the Stylus for Christmas, so what have you been up to with it since then?

Deb

Saw a stylus in the clearance aisle at our target for 35.00, but hubby said no because I don't know how to use the two dremels I have. Bummer!

Congratulations Deb. I use mine all the time for sanding and that's about it. But I love the way it handles. You're going to have fun! I'm so looking forward to seeing what you make with it, I just know it's going to be something great!

That's a great buy on the Stylus...and good that you remembered your gift card, too! I have mislaid more than one of those, and by the time I've discovered it, it's expired...

I love my Stylus. About the only power tool that is MINE. It does work great for engraving...my husband borrows it all the time for that. It's great to make starter holes for those tiny nails or screws, works well for enlarging doors or windows, does rough cuts (probably would do smooth ones, too, but I'm not skilled at that!) And the usual sanding and burnishing...

I find it MUCH easier to use than the other Dremel hand tools. Easy grip, seems to get into tight places. I'm glad I have it.

I commenced to happy dancing right there in the aisle, hugging it to my chest and chanting "mine, mine, mine". Scared the heck out of a little old man looking at screwdrivers.

Deb

I am so glad to hear that you are a crazy, talk to yourself out loud, dancing over the clearance rack, scare the senior citizens Shopper like me! Nothing more satisfying then slaying the clearance beast! Only a true super shopper can sniff out the REAL deals and not be afraid to do the Hustle when you find it.

Do the Hustle..dodo dodo do do dodo

and here i thought i was the only one that got excited over power tools! Congratulations on your Dremel. you were obviously meant to have it! i love it when things work out like that. i got one at xmas but it isnt a stylus and i paid $75 for mine at home depot but i still love it dearly. i use mine mostly for sanding but also for cutting. i made an island for my kitchen in the Garfield and i made a platform bed for the bedroom. still need to work on a headboard, but it makes life soooooo much easier!

have fun and ENJOY!!!

(hanging head, pouting) We've been going & doing so that I haven't really had time at home to play with either of my pretty toys, the lathe I gt for Christmas or the Stylus I got for my birthday. (snif)