I got a new toy!

Deb

What a great find, Deb! I love power tools . . . I have to have my own because Brian won't share his with me. I have an electric sander and a Dremel, which for some reason he thinks is his too . . . men!

So, exactly what is the difference between the Stylus and a regular Dremel?

The Stylus is smaller with a pistol grip so it appears to be more maneuverable for getting "up close & personal".

It's also a lot easier on the hand muscles. I used to get cramps in my fingers holding the "tube" style Dremels for any length of time.

Do the Hustle..dodo dodo do do dodo

<step-step, step-step, step, step, quarter turn, kick, backstep> Betcha didn't think I knew how to do the Hustle, did ya! Ssssh. Don't tell anyone. It's not one of the accomplishments in life that I'm proudest of. It's more like one of those "We're really drunk and bored so lemme teach you how to do the Hustle" kinds of things.

Have you done anything with it yet?

Yep, I tried out the engraving tools coz one of the things I'd really like to learn is how to embellish wood trim. I need a LOT of practice with it, but it's definitely going to work for that. Methinks that I'll find lots of things to do with it with a little experimentation. And I've got lots of wood scraps to experiment with!

Deb

Yes, the pistol grip is way easier on the hands, and it's a pretty "user-friendly" tool for those of us who aren't real skilled with power tools in the first place. I found my husband's "regular" Dremels -- both "wired" and battery -- way more complicated to use than the Stylus. But like anything else, "how do you get to Carnegie Hall? " "Practice, practice, practice!""

Problem is, of course, I've got way too many things I want to DO, without having to "practice how to do them"!! :flowers:

I was just at Target the other day and ours still has the Dremel Stylus marked at $70. Looks like that was a steal.

My mom used to get a majority of her Christmas shopping done throughout the year with the Target sales and clearance items. Here's a guide to Target's clearance pricing. If the price tag ends in a 9 then it's the regular price. Every markedown has the number lower. The final markdown price will usually end in 4. Just beware though if you're awaiting your specific product to get even lower, they are usually in low quantity and the chance for you waiting out the final markdown and getting it are low.