Finally some pictures

cwoods

So I finally uploaded some pictures to the Webshots page. Both houses are far from complete but this is my progress so far. I was able to get a lot done over Christmas Break on the Orchid. My break is now over and I won't have as much time to work on my houses. :doh:

I can't count how many times I looked to the forum for help when stuck or having trouble making something work. This site is a great resource for beginners.

http://community.webshots.com/user/cwoods71

very nice!!

but I am very curious as to why there are no windows in the beacon Hill

are you doing something different?

the color is wonderful!

I look forward to doing one someday!

Happy building!

nutti :doh::D

Cindi, both of your houses are beautiful! I love your attention to detail. :blink:

What material did you use for the stonework on the Orchid? Is it terra cotta colored air-dry clay?

I just love what you have done with your stonewor, and I will try and get back to the BH album later on, it won't let me in right now :blink: I suppose we are too many trying at the same time perhaps?

Love eye candy so please keep sharing those pics!!!

Hugs

your houses are wonderful x 2!

the stonework is gorgeous, and the BH looks really fine. That door is a dazzler! :blink:

thank you for the posts, and congrats on the work.

I bought some windows for the BH. It's on hold until I finish the Orchid. I lost steam when working on the BH and got overwhelmed with what to do with it. Now that I've played around with the air dry clay I might try bricking it at some point. I'm still not sure what I will do with the large window on the front. At one point I had decided I wanted something different for that place. Hopefully I will have more ideas and confidence by the time I get back to my BH. I'm learning a lot by putting the Orchid together by myself.

I used DAS airdry clay for the stonework in white and then painted it after it dryed.

I used a copper tape/soder for the door. When I tried it on the windows, though, it melted the "glass". I guess they were different kinds of plexiglass. For the dormer windows, I used window glass paint and patterns from a book that I had that has dollhouse window patterns. The leading is this stuff that I got at Michaels with the glass paint but it has a smaller tip. I'm going to try and attach a picture of the leading. If it doesn't work, I will put it on the web shot page.

post-1240-1168216100_thumb.jpg

:) Cindi

WOW!!!!!!!! Love your Orchid. I really love how your moved the bay window to the front of the house, and those stained glass windows, just beautiful. I'm going to go look at your beacon hill now, I'm sure that is spectacular too.