The Travel Trailer

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my travel trailer from miniatures.com in the mail last night!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

mini hugs

Jennifer

Steve your work is out of this world!

You have talent!!!!!

Please step up and rub it off on me please???? hehehe

Hey that sounds bad doesn't it?? shhhhhhhhhh don't tell your wife hehe

mini hugs

Jennifer

I got my travel trailer from miniatures.com in the mail last night!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

mini hugs

Jennifer

Steve your work is out of this world!

You have talent!!!!!

Please step up and rub it off me please???? hehehe

Hey that sounds bad doesn't it?? shhhhhhhhhh don't tell your wife hehe

mini hugs

Jennifer

DITTOS from me too!!!!! :lol2: YYEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!

Hope you have fun!!!!

HEY! Whatcha got up there?????????

STEVE!

I see from your EBAY listings, that you found some things in your ATTIC encounter!!!

Good LUCK!!!

:clap::) I was just blown away by the prices I got for the RENWAL Wanna-be pieces????!!!!

Not to mention the wallpaper packets today!!!!!

Steve I just peeked at your photos (yes, I know they've been there for awhile, but I'm in my own little world with it's own little time zone, remember). Lots of talent & imagination.

Everything is super spectacular but I was most taken with your Pharoah's tomb -- just awesome!!! Would love to hear more about that -- did you do the carvings? What media did you use? How long did it take? Moer pics, maybe?

Charlene....The Pharaoh's Tomb is made of plywood. The hardest part was bending the arch. A contractor friend gave me some scraps of wood that they use to make arches in homes. It is very flexible, but does have a breaking point. I made a base of 3/4" plywood , bent the arch , clamped it, & while the glue was drying, I added a lot of screws for extra support. The graphics are from a real tomb that I printed out & put on with spray glue. The ground is sandpaper that I glued on for the sand look. The statues are ones that I found on the net on a kids Egyptian site. I'll post a couple more pics of the tomb in construction later tonight. I guess it took about 50 hours to do the whole thing. Thanks for looking.

Steve

http://www.flickr.com/Photos/smb900/

Charlene....The Pharaoh's Tomb is made of plywood. The hardest part was bending the arch. A contractor friend gave me some scraps of wood that they use to make arches in homes. It is very flexible, but does have a breaking point. I made a base of 3/4" plywood , bent the arch , clamped it, & while the glue was drying, I added a lot of screws for extra support. The graphics are from a real tomb that I printed out & put on with spray glue. The ground is sandpaper that I glued on for the sand look. The statues are ones that I found on the net on a kids Egyptian site. I'll post a couple more pics of the tomb in construction later tonight. I guess it took about 50 hours to do the whole thing. Thanks for looking.

Steve

http://www.flickr.com/Photos/smb900/

Thanks for the info -- It's very impressive and realistic. I just love it! :wave:

Yep that works, Steve, thanks.

Always love to see the projects that guys work on -- they're usually such 'guy' things and so different than anything I'd ordinarily do. Love the smithy's shop, too -- my brother-in-law is a real honest-to-goodness farrier, so I think the next time I talk to him I'll send him to check out your miniature -- he'll love it I'm sure. And I do love scratch-builds for their originiality and being so completely unique. Hope you'll keep us posted on your work -- it's really great & I'm glad you joined us :)

Hello all,

well got my shell done and now waiting for everything to dry. I too am thinking about entering that contest lol.

Hugs,

Bec

Hi Bec -- What's the theme gonna be for your trailer? Did I miss a post? Probably :wub: I'm just so intrigued by everybody's ideas for these little kits and wanna see them!

Hi Bec -- What's the theme gonna be for your trailer? Did I miss a post? Probably :lol: I'm just so intrigued by everybody's ideas for these little kits and wanna see them!

Hi Charlene ... a bunch of us are working on travel trailers for the contest. We decided to keep our themes secret and all post photos on Dec 16, the day after the contest ends. I'm having so much fun with mine that it's all I can do to keep my lips sealed! :lol:

My trailer is done & my contest entry has been sent in, but you'll have to wait to see the pics !!!

I think the hardest part was taking 4 good pics to send in. After many trys, I had to get my neighbor to help. He has a better camera than I have & knows more about how to use it !!

Good luck to all. I'm sure Ernie will get a good laugh from my entry !

Steve

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smb900/