The Travel Trailer

I get lost and can not find my way back to anything here in the forums..but, what I wanted to say is..somewhere there is a post about the trailers..and there are problems with the roof..

I cannot for the life of me find it again..

is there a way to mark the things you want to return to? I may not find my way back to read an answer to this question !!..oh my...

Sara, if you look at the first page of this thread, at the top right hand corner of the Topic title (in this case, THE TRAVEL TRAILER) you will see a box marked "Options". Click on it, and a menu will drop down. Click on "Track this topic". This will open a window where you can choose how to be notified of any activity in this thread. I always choose "Delayed Email Notification". That way, I get emails notifiying me of any posts made while I'm not active here myself.

Also, I keep one of these emails in my Inbox. The rest I delete after use. With one notification email always handy, I can take a break from emailing to open it up, click the link included with it, and take a mini holiday at Greenleaf! Yes, the link will take you straight to the topic you're tracking, but you can then move around the forum wherever you'd like to go.

Hope this helps. :blush:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I started my trailer I had trouble with the veneer roof cracking when I tried to bend it. I was told that it was too dry. I got tired of fooling with it, so I went with aluminum flashing ! Hey, Donna...Pics on the way.

Steve

veneer roof cracking when I tried to bend it. I was told that it was too dry

oohh what a bummer for you.

mine behaved so sweetly when it was time to go onto the trailer...I even painted it. and when it was installed I painted the outside...no problems so far.

better luck next time...oh did you get any suggestions on how to fix such a problem for those who may read this thread and have the same issues?

I look forward to hearing and seeing all of these trailers!

Happy Building

nutti :ph34r: :woot:

When I started my trailer I had trouble with the veneer roof cracking when I tried to bend it. I was told that it was too dry. I got tired of fooling with it, so I went with aluminum flashing ! Hey, Donna...Pics on the way.

Steve

OOOOO Yes I'd love to see. When I did my skinny veneers, I did them like 1/2 inch at a time or so. Glue , secure, wait,...glue, secure ,wait.... Do you mean the kind of flashing for roofing,etc.?????

Yes...It was regular thin aluminum roof flashing that I had left over from when I put a new roof on my back porch. I had to put in 1 inch square stock as the cross pieces, drilled tiny holes in the aluminum with my Dremel & fastened it down with tiny brass screws. Then I cleaned up the sharp edges with a small file. Primer then paint...looks like a real trailer roof.

Steve

YOU KNOW...

I had though of using flashing Strips for the edgeings...but decided I wasn't keen on the sharp edges and stiffness for bending....glad it worked for you though. Not quite ready to do pics just yet...but getting there. I'll send you some of my progress pics soon. Did I understand you to say you were going to try another one????????

I thought about trying one from scratch. That way I could change the shape & maybe do a 1 bedroom house trailer !! Just something to think about over the winter. I need to finish the other projects I have going & decide how to sell all the ones I have done now !

Steve

I need to finish the other projects I have going & decide how to sell all the ones I have done now !

ooooooo???

and where would one view "other" and "done" projects??

hmmmmmmm? you cant tease us like this!

nutti :thumb: :woot:

ooooooo???

and where would one view "other" and "done" projects??

hmmmmmmm? you cant tease us like this!

nutti :thumb: :woot:

Ain't that the truth Nutti!!!! We NEED our eye candy now, don't we??? :thumb:

Hugs

Well , I guess I'd better get some pics posted somewhere! Most of my houses are made from scratch from any kind of materials I can find. I've done things like a barber shop , saloon , restaurant, firehouse, Pharaoh's tomb , etc. All are 1:12 scale. They're nothing special, but since retiring...it keeps me off the streets ! Donna has seen my work. I'll try to get some up today yet.

Steve

Maybe there could be a special gallery for all the trailers? I'm not going to do one (although a Dixie Pig Barbecue would look terrific in one) but I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone has done to them. And I think it would be great fun for everyone to tow their trailers to a central gallery for a 'show".

Steve, surely by now you've made enough posts to open your own gallery albums.

Charlene, I think a gallery for the Travel Trailers is a terrific idea (Dean? Are you reading this?). I have two of the kits I want to build.

A Trailer album would be GREAT! We could post our photos AFTER we send them into the contest! Hopefully keep the " thumbnail" going or active till ERNIE has announced winner. It would be GREAT to see how many of us participated. :cool:

I was trying to figure out how to put an album of my own together here in THIS site...but haven't been able to figure it out....still a bit computer CHALLENGED, even after 10 yrs!!!!

Donna

Donna....I'm usually up by 6 am. Gotta get Madeline up , pump some coffee in her , & send her off to work. Then I can do important things....like working on minis, etc. I have the heater mounted in my workshop & today I will connect it. This winter I will have heat out there !!! I decided that next week I will clean out my attic ! That could be ugly ! Have a nice day...I gotta get to it!

Steve

Donna....I'm usually up by 6 am. Gotta get Madeline up , pump some coffee in her , & send her off to work. Then I can do important things....like working on minis, etc. I have the heater mounted in my workshop & today I will connect it. This winter I will have heat out there !!! I decided that next week I will clean out my attic ! That could be ugly ! Have a nice day...I gotta get to it!

Steve

HEY! Whatcha got up there?????????

Hey...Where's everyone at this morning? I did some rough drawings of a 'from-scratch' house trailer. In 1:12 scale, this thing would have to be over 5 feet long! The options I see are to knock it down to half scale, make it a 1 bedroom, or even a modern camper to sit with the classic kit trailer. Well...I think I'll file this idea in my "I'll do it later" file! Have a nice day , all.

Steve

Steve,

How could it be over 5 ft long? Real life trailers top out at 40 feet, so even if you were making the Godzilla of 1:12 trailers it should be no more than 3 1/2 feet long.

I suggest that you visit websites like www.airstream.com, www.fleetwoodrv.com or other trailer manufactureres websites. Copy some of their floor plans and adapt them to 1:12 scale. I think you could work out a more reasonably sized project that way.

Jeri