The Travel Trailer

I have been working on the travel trailer for the last couple of days and am ready to put on the veneer

can this be painted before instalation? can it be papered? I know how I want the outside but Id really like to do something to the inside as well. any help at all would be great! :thumb:

nutti :p

working on the trims while I wait for an answer.

oh and Tracy the travel trailer isnt listed in the build times.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes well needing one and finding one who works for free are 2 different things!

so for now Im stuck with myself! :down:

but I sure am having fun. its fun when something has a lif of its own and just jumps into place before ya even know thats where you wanted it. :thumb:

Couldn't help but fun with ya.

Sorry I can't help you with your orignal question. I haven't seen the travel trailer in real life before.

I am sure you will get tons of answers come a decent hour. LOL

I get lost and can not find my way back to anything here in the forums..but, what I wanted to say is..somewhere there is a post about the trailers..and there are problems with the roof..

I cannot for the life of me find it again..

is there a way to mark the things you want to return to? I may not find my way back to read an answer to this question !!..oh my...

I have been working on the travel trailer for the last couple of days and am ready to put on the veneer

can this be painted before instalation? can it be papered? I know how I want the outside but Id really like to do something to the inside as well. any help at all would be great! :thumb:

working on the trims while I wait for an answer.

oh and Tracy the travel trailer isnt listed in the build times.

I have one, I need two for my "Take pride in yer doublewide" project. I looked at the veneer and it seems to me that it could be painted before it is installed. That is just my opinion. I am not sure if I would paper it. I plan to stain the veneer.

Here is the thread from Darrell and Melissa about the trailer. Trailer Thread

HTH

Take pride in your doublewide.....

*snicker*

I don't know why i find that so funny. I can't wait to see what you do with this!

I'd like a trailer kit, but i have no idea of how i would do it up.

OO I cant wait to start building mine! yay for winnining one to me! i got my ups tracker email yesterday saying it will be here next wednsday. Nutti when i was in the chat room the other night david had some great pointers on stuff. i guess he recently built it as well, i would try asking him. do you have any pics up yet? i would LOVE to see some. im thinking bout joining that contest through HBS, but not sure if i will have time. all i know is caleb is building me a bigger front lawn now so that i can have a drive way for my trailer! i cant wait!!

-Jenny

Take pride in your doublewide.....

*snicker*

I don't know why i find that so funny. I can't wait to see what you do with this!

I'd like a trailer kit, but i have no idea of how i would do it up.

Hehehe, tooo funny!!! Kidding apart, I am with you in the "wanting yet not knowing what to do" but knowing me I suspect I would turn into a witchy on wheel kind of dwelling, witchy yet not haunted, perhaps a tarot reading lady's wagon with lots of herbal thingies inside and lotions and potions and... did I mention that I am wanting one???? :blush:

Hugs

Hey ya Nutti! I don't have building time on that one because they did not supply me with that info :blush: Also, I have not built it yet ;) I have one and I wanna do it but it keeps being pushed to the back burner.

Where are your PICTURES!!! You are the Eye Candy Queen and know better than that!

:bleh:

post-1194-1160680231_thumb.jpgpost-1194-1160680251_thumb.jpg

I am also doing the trailer. If you can look at my pics, you can see i REALLY bashed it. Once I had it framed in and all I have put siding on the outside and heavy card-stock for inner walls. The exterior was the closest I could come to looking like trailer siding. It's from a Modeling company...if interested I will try to send you the link or site.....I am cut and Paste challenged. I also cut a window in the (Hitch side) side and in the door!

Donna

wow look at you go! that looks amaizng, i love that bed set you have, did u make that? for some reason it looks alot wider than i thought it was. which is great cause i can fit more stuff in it that way! muahahahah!! great work!

post-1194-1160680231_thumb.jpgpost-1194-1160680251_thumb.jpg

I am also doing the trailer. If you can look at my pics, you can see i REALLY bashed it. Once I had it framed in and all I have put siding on the outside and heavy card-stock for inner walls. The exterior was the closest I could come to looking like trailer siding. It's from a Modeling company...if interested I will try to send you the link or site.....I am cut and Paste challenged. I also cut a window in the (Hitch side) side and in the door!

Donna

Wow! That is THE prettiest trailer i have seen yet! (not that i've seen hardy any completed or even partially finished ones :blush: )....it looks awesome!

I'm working on the trailer kit. I don't want to put up any photos until it's done ... at which time I'll open the Trailer Blog to a thousand or so of my new best friends. I don't even want to share the theme for fear of jinxing any chance of winning the contest! :blush:

One thing I will say is that this project is certainly labor intensive, not because of the kit, which is fairly straightforward, but to the components we're adding. (Yup, I said "we" --- hubby is into this one, too!)

I think it was David's trailer blog (?) in which he said that the veneer is prone to warping, big time ... and suggested sealing it lightly on both sides several times before painting.

I'm also working on the trailer for the contest (so no pics yet!). It went together easier than anything else I have done before.

I painted the roof (veneer), lightly, before installing and had no problem with it at all. It's just been a fun liitle project!

Carol

I'm also working on the trailer for the contest (so no pics yet!). It went together easier than anything else I have done before.

Carol

I wonder how many of us are entering the contest? With the wealth of talent here, ol' Ernie's gonna have a heckuva time making a decision this year! :blush:

Deadline to have photo entries to Ernie is December 15.

So that means :blush: that we will be able to have an eye candy feast on the 16th of December then???? Just sort of goin' fishin for something to put in the calender really....

Hugs

So that means ;) that we will be able to have an eye candy feast on the 16th of December then???? Just sort of goin' fishin for something to put in the calender really....

Hugs

LOL!!! ... Anna, you're a delight! Go ahead and mark the calendar for the 16th! :blush: