The Travel Trailer

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes me VERY curious....... ;) :doh::)

As well it should ... <BIG GRIN>

Just realized I need to make yet another doll, which will bring this mini-cast-of-thousands up to 9 dolls. Phew!

I'm currently working on the Travel Trailer and I find it to be a little more difficult than the Primrose I last built. I've been lazy to actually start putting it together so I've only been painting the exterior of it.

BTW, en route to Houston, we stopped at "Through the Keyhole", a really nice dollhouse shop in Dallas. They had just completed an in-shop contest with the travel trailer. I saw some photos and one outstanding trailer still in the shop that had been turned into a circus wagon on steroids that had been taken over by gypsies. It was awesome! The owner said the man was making it for a New Orleans show, but she thought the show has been cancelled or postponed or something. Does anyone know about a New Orleans miniature show?

http://www.through-the-keyhole.com/contest.html

The Travel Trailer is nearing completion! We've been working on this puppy since the beginning of October. The tow vehicle and driver are complete. All of the contruction and wiring is complete. Today I put what are nearly the finishing touches on the paint & other decoration. (Just a couple of things that need to dry before I can add the final touches.) Until the day before yesterday, it was all build, build, build ... and then coat the whole thing with gesso. It was sooooooo neat watching it come to life with the color and added materials!

So, tomorrow, we can start on the scenery. With any luck at all, it won't take more than a day or two.

Here's a little more tease ... the trailer and tow vehicle are now finished (except for whatever great thought hits me in the dead of night). We're working on the setting. Last night my quest to get some cobblestones color-copied at Wal-Mart was stymied by the snow, but the work goes on.

Donna, I hope you're thinking of doing a tutorial for that trailer awning. It's brilliant!

AUHHH :p It was nothing special,some sewing and dowels and hot glue. I would like to come up with a way to weigh it down a bit so it doesn't Curl up there where it attaches to the trailer side. The weight needs to be on the underside of the scalloped valance or something...any ideas???? :ohyeah:

Thanks for all the compliments, I think I will still be adding more to it for a while. I am having an annual Brunch next Saturday( For my SCOTTIE People), and I got many who want to see it, so even though it won't be winter themed...it will be my buffet table centerpiece .

AUHHH :p It was nothing special,some sewing and dowels and hot glue. I would like to come up with a way to weigh it down a bit so it doesn't Curl up there where it attaches to the trailer side. The weight needs to be on the underside of the scalloped valance or something...any ideas???? :ohyeah:

What about stiffening it by gluing some lightweight cardstock to the backside to keep it from curling?

EDIT: Or iron-on interfacing?

As well it should ... <BIG GRIN>

Just realized I need to make yet another doll, which will bring this mini-cast-of-thousands up to 9 dolls. Phew!

You're an incredible tease!!! Can't wait to see what you've created.

-Susanne

You're an incredible tease!!! Can't wait to see what you've created.

-Susanne

Since adding doll #9, I've had to create the illusion of about 20 more people ... and right now I'm wondering where I can get my hands on an old jumper cable. (Any ideas?) This has certainly been an adventure!

What about stiffening it by gluing some lightweight cardstock to the backside to keep it from curling?

EDIT: Or iron-on interfacing?

That's good Kath...I thing I'll try to side a pc. of cardstock or something in there first to see if I can attach it w/o having to take it off!!! :ohyeah:

wondering where I can get my hands on an old jumper cable.

Won't the tractor start? (sorry, I did see your post about wanting to make a Christmas tree out of it, I think you had better post the tutorial or at least a link. you have no idea the images assailing my poor ol' brain this AM!

Won't the tractor start? (sorry, I did see your post about wanting to make a Christmas tree out of it, I think you had better post the tutorial or at least a link. you have no idea the images assailing my poor ol' brain this AM!

LOL!! Sorry to have sent you spinning sideways!