The Travel Trailer

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve ... we still have a way to go on our trailer, but I'm already concerned about getting just four pictures that tell the whole story in a fairly complex vignette. It's going to be a challenge, for sure!

I can't wait to see everyones trailer & Steve.....I LOVE our Tomb!!! It has been my goal for almost a year to do one of those and yours is fabulous!! All of your projects have me drooling over the keyboard! Thanks for sharin your pictures with us!

I have some new projects in the works, but I'm out of room ! I have tried to sell some of them before as a local pick-up only & didn't do well. I have been hoarding packing materials & finally have enough to package 1 item. I'm going to do either the Pharaoh's Tomb or the Gazebo, but I can't decide which one! Both took about the same time to make. The Gazebo is wired with 3 lights & the Tomb has a lot more extra items that would go with it. Help me out...what do you guys think ??

Steve

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smb900

Steve I just adore that tomb scene!!!! I have collected a few Egyptian minis myself to make a scene for and this certainly inspired me even more to get going with it!!!!

Ack, I would have a hard time parting with either of those scenes so don't listen to me :loveletter:

Hugs

I have to admit something!

I have seen KathyB's trailer and she has seen mine!! :yes: :oops: -_-

post-9-1162444950_thumb.jpg

she stopped by for a quick chat on her travels. saw that wonderful roombox!

it looks sooo much nicer in person as we all know how that is! :D

she also got to take a tour of our haunt and Ill let her tell you what she thought but as it was only noon I dont think she got very scared! :nono:

oh and no I wont tell you what shes doin or nuttin :thumb:

you have to wait! but I likeeeee very much!

nutti :Jumpy: :yes:

HBS has the trailer kits for 30% off w/ back cover coupon! WHAT a steal!!!!

I will post my picks after I have sent in my entry. Have to wait for the little lawn chair from SWEDEN and I still need to put a chard-looking fire pit together too :thumb:

:banana:

Donna...I thought the Scotty would have a "Barbie"!!

BARBIE!!!!????.....Gimme a BREAK!

That's Hannah from the Madame Aleander dolls via McDonalds! She seemed to fit the scale better than the 1:12 dolls. plus the dogs were a better scale too! how can you have a SERRO Scotty without some SCOTTIES to fill it with :yucky: .

Still waiting on my lawn chair...if it isn't here by end of month, guess I'll have to do pics w/o it. :wave:

Are you going to start a second one???? What have you got in mind for ideas?????

I have to admit something!

I have seen KathyB's trailer and she has seen mine!! :banana::D -_-

//snip//

oh and no I wont tell you what shes doin or nuttin :yucky:

you have to wait! but I likeeeee very much!

nutti :wave::wave:

All I can say after having seen Lynette's trailer and knowing the level of skill of the Greenleaf forum members entering the contest is that Ol' Ernie is going to have one tough time selecting a winner this year! This is really more fun than humans ought to be allowed to have!

BTW, en route to Houston, we stopped at "Through the Keyhole", a really nice dollhouse shop in Dallas. They had just completed an in-shop contest with the travel trailer. I saw some photos and one outstanding trailer still in the shop that had been turned into a circus wagon on steroids that had been taken over by gypsies. It was awesome! The owner said the man was making it for a New Orleans show, but she thought the show has been cancelled or postponed or something. Does anyone know about a New Orleans miniature show?

Everyone has been very quiet on this thread. Is your trailer done? Have you sent in your contest entry? I guess after Dec.15 we'll all post pics of ours. Good luck to all !

I've been quiet because we're still working our little fingers to the bone. What a project this has turned out to be! I've had to do all kinds of things I've not done before or not done in years, including dollmaking, sculpture, papier maché, background painting, installing "chase" lights, working with polyclay, and all kinds of other found materials to pull this thing together. With me being gone nearly a week to Houston and Lloyd now in New Orleand for a week, it's taking some time.

But we'll be ready in time!

End of tease. :drool:

I'm still working on mine...I keep switching between my Bayberry and trailer. I'm not entering the contest so I will post some pictures once I get a little further. I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I'm going to try to make it look like the camper my family took across country when I was 7 so I'm still working out those details in my head.

:drool: Mine is Pretty done......waiting yet, for ANNA's little chair. Having pics done week after next! I will post mine here after I send my entry in.....or is their going to be a separate album or place for all our pics????????

Donna

I think we're each going to post photos in our personal gallery. I've already posted some, but I've got the gallery marked PRIVATE, so y'all can't peek. :drool:

Of course! At the stroke of midnight on the 15th the magic portal will open. :yay: ;) :yay: :drool: :yay:

Until then: :drool:

Right now, I'm headed back downstairs to drill 90 holes in a couple of pieces of foamcore. :drool:

Of course! At the stroke of midnight on the 15th the magic portal will open. :yay: :yay: :yay: ;) :yay:

Until then: :drool:

Right now, I'm headed back downstairs to drill 90 holes in a couple of pieces of foamcore. :drool:

That makes me VERY curious....... :yay: :yay: :drool: