The Travel Trailer

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Egads, Kat ... you sure did get me jump-started this morning, even without benefit of jumper cables!

2 weeks & we gotta' show pics of our trailers. Maybe I should start thinking about starting a gallery. But I want to see others first to see if I should post pics or not!!!

Awwwww .. go ahead and get your gallery started. You know we all want to see ALL of the trailers!

<dusting snow off my shoes> I got a great magnolia branch ... I wonder, if I put in in a container of water in the vignette, if it will sprout ... naaahhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

Lloyd is going to airbrush the background this afternoon. Our grand holiday excursion to the big city got cancelled due to extreme cold and still-messy streets. We'll have to settle for the local philharmonic and municipal chorus's holiday concert tomorrow afternoon to put us in the spirit. May even get the tree up tomorrow!

Don't do it, Steve! Wait until Kathie shows hers, she's being so mean about it!

Oh, he can get his gallery started ... just like I did. I've got a whole blog about 3/4 finished. The secret is not to make it public until de day. :lol:

Quick report ... as far as I can figure out, construction of all of the paraphernalia in the scene is complete ... at least complete enough for photographs. Tomorrow Lloyd has promised to airbrush the background, and I can begin assembling all the bits.

After figuring out how to photograph it so that just 4 photos tell the whole story, the next challenge is going to be: "Where the devil are we going to keep this thing?" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The Travel Trailer is finished! I took the pictures today. Had to winnow 45 shots down to 4 ... man, that made my head hurt!

I may not have the blog finished by Friday, but I'll open it to the public Friday morning with the finished pictures, anyway. ;)

Who else is unveiling on Friday? Can't wait to see the rest!

OOOHHHHH GAG! THIS FRIDAY?? :wave: ;)

Im still working...or I should say back at it.

its landscaped now. so its just bits and bobs on the inside that is left to do.

maybe I can finish it off tonight and photo it tomorrow

I know I have to get them mailed asap!

thanks for the mini shove off procrastination mountain!

nutti :thumb:

I know I have to get them mailed asap!

thanks for the mini shove off procrastination mountain!

nutti ;)

You go, girl!

Take it to the post office to mail so they can put one of their postmarked labels on it. You have until the end of the day Friday to get it in the mail.

<looking at her own pictures and wondering if they're the right four ... *sigh*>

front, back, & each end

Not quite that simple ... you'll see. ;)

I'm not shy...I posted my pics in my gallery. It's not as nice as some I've seen , but I'm happy with it !!

It's a little bit of perfection, Steve! What an ingenious interpretation! I love the details -- the rivets in the sheet metal, the details inside ... definitely up to your high standards! :thumb:

Okay ... I caved ... I'm just so darned excited to have this project finished! ;)

I've posted the four pictures for Ernie in my gallery.

I'll finish the blog and make it public later this week.

OMGAWD! it turned out fantasticly! :hippi: ;) :thumb:

oh wow what a great job!

makes me nervous to put mine up now!

rofl

not really but wow yall are showing some wonderful talent there!

kudos to both of you! :wave:

I LOVE it!

makes me want to go to MardiGras

nutti :wave:

Not quite that simple ... you'll see. :hippi:

It's a little bit of perfection, Steve! What an ingenious interpretation! I love the details -- the rivets in the sheet metal, the details inside ... definitely up to your high standards! :wave:

I AGREE :thumb:

Okay ... I caved ... I'm just so darned excited to have this project finished! :)

I've posted the four pictures for Ernie in my gallery.

I'll finish the blog and make it public later this week.

:wave: HOLY COW!!! ;) Kathy you've thought of EVERYTHING and MORE!!!!

makes me nervous to put mine up now!

rofl

not really but wow yall are showing some wonderful talent there!

kudos to both of you! ;)

I LOVE it!

makes me want to go to MardiGras

nutti :thumb:

No nervous needed on your end ... I've SEEN your trailer, remember? :wave:

Makes me want to go to Mardi Gras, too. Guess I'll have to dust off the gumbo recipe and get ready for Mardi Gras in Marshall come February.