The Travel Trailer

wow i cant get over these trailers... im glad i didnt enter cause i wouldnt have standed a chance!! lol

good luck to you all i will be keeping my fingers crossed for you all!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my - Steve and Kathie what awesome jobs. Beautiful work and very creative. If I didn't know I would have never guessed either was made with the trailer kit. Good luck to both of you in the HBS contest. Looking forward to seeing more contest entries - bring on those photos.

Valerie

Well, I wish I had had time to build one to enter, just to se what next year's "consolation" prize would be. Of course! I don't think most of us work in that much detail, but it's great and detailed work like Steve's, Kathie's, and the others who do throw so much of themselves into their builds and win big prizes that inspire the rest of us to try more ambitious undertakings.

Nice work, you two, and thanks for sharing the eyecandy! I shall be VERY surprised to see what wins the top prizes if y'all's don't!

Nutti.....That is great. I agree with Kathie that I'd hate to have to be a judge in this contest. You will have to share how you did the moss roof. I would like to do something like that for a project I have in mind, but would have no idea how to do it. Good luck all !!!! Today's the last day !!!

Nutti, it is wonderful!! I love what you have done. I think the hardest part now is picking the four pictures to send. I don't think only 4 will do it justice.

I love the fact that each of you who have posted have done such different things. I'm glad I'm not judging. It would be too hard to do.

You will have to share how you did the moss roof. I would like to do something like that for a project I have in mind, but would have no idea how to do it.

What Steve said ... I want to put a moss roof on the Primrose rabbit habitat. Have the moss, but not sure how to go about attaching it.

I don't know if this will help, but when I made my first "tin" roof & aged it I also put bits of moss "growing" on it and I used white all-purpose glue, so I'd think any good tacky glue wold do the job. Nutti, you're the Queen of Tacky Glue, did you use something else for the moss?!

The first time I tried using moss I used spray adhesive....not good!

so lots of Aileens Tacky glue which I slather all over the area with a paintbrush.

for the travel trailer I used floral moss...the kind that has been peeled from the bark...do debark it before putting it where you want it.

I also paint any surface to be covered in a brown. just keep patting it down till it is stuck.

very simple

nutti :lol:

Kathie, I went to your blog but the travel trailer wasn't there.

Hmm .. just saw this note. The Travel Trailer (Mardi Gras Float) category is marked "public". I don't know why you can't see it.

I got a confirmation letter from Ernie & it said that the winners will be posted in their next catalog. I don't have the letter in hand, but I recall that it said their winter catalog. Isn't that in late Jan. or early Feb.?? BTW....I got the confirmation letter like 4 weeks or more after I sent my entry in.

Wouldn't you love to be a mouse in the corner and watch them open the envelopes? I'm so curious to see what other folks did with their Travel Trailers.

<wondering what next year's Creatin' Contest will be based on. The Houseboat, maybe?>

Hmmmm ... Cleopatra? Floating down the Nile?