So how is the weather where you're at ?

Stacey6163

Hey,I cheated-I looked up what Holly said and found Happy Birthday and Happy New Year on the same list. :) I think she hoped I had a Merry Christmas,in the last line. And I know Aloha,but always forget what Mahalo is! Short term memory sucks!

Mahalo nui: BIG thanks!

Mele kalikimaka: Merry Christmas

Haole makahiki hou: Happy New Year

Aloha: love, affection, friendship

nui: BIG, emphasis

Aloha nui to all of you now and in the coming year.

When DH was drafted into the USMC in 1966 we were stationed in Hawai'i, and our nextdoor neighbors in our first apartment were native Hawai'ians who became friendly after DH got to wear his utility uniform to and from work (he was a radar tech with MACS II at Kaneohe MCAS). Between them and church we picked up quite a lot of Hawai'ian, most of which we've forgotten. I discovered how much of my high school French I still had when we spent a month in French Canada the first year we retired, so Bonne Anee, y'all.

It's raining here today, so hopefully won't turn off cold again until later on.

I see that I'm up to over 49K posts; at one point a while back (30-something K?) someone commented on how much I posted and I offered to quit at 50K.

• Like 1

No no Holly. And we are indeed being walloped by mother nature. Whole dang southern part of the province. Mum and I did what shopping needed to be done yesterday, so today we will stay snug in the cottage! Provided we do not lose power from high winds. And we will wait for the snowplows to come through. Those guys call this "white gold".

It's still raining, heavier now, AND has gone ahead and turned off cold!

Mahalo nui: BIG thanks!

Mele kalikimaka: Merry Christmas

Haole makahiki hou: Happy New Year

Aloha: love, affection, friendship

nui: BIG, emphasis

Aloha nui to all of you now and in the coming year.

When DH was drafted into the USMC in 1966 we were stationed in Hawai'i, and our nextdoor neighbors in our first apartment were native Hawai'ians who became friendly after DH got to wear his utility uniform to and from work (he was a radar tech with MACS II at Kaneohe MCAS). Between them and church we picked up quite a lot of Hawai'ian, most of which we've forgotten. I discovered how much of my high school French I still had when we spent a month in French Canada the first year we retired, so Bonne Anee, y'all.

It's raining here today, so hopefully won't turn off cold again until later on.

I see that I'm up to over 49K posts; at one point a while back (30-something K?) someone commented on how much I posted and I offered to quit at 50K.

Ah!!! I was right the first time. I wasn't sure. I had a therapist that used to say it, but I couldn't remember why. LOL My addled brain I tell ya! thank you for translating!!!

Aloha nui to you Holly... You are precious! and NO, you cannot quit!! I've only been here less than 2wks and I'm already at 160 posts. :p I like to post too. So You have to stay and keep posting or I'll miss you and be very sad. I might even cry. :badmood: Love you Holly :D

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~morning

Even with the rain this has been an outstanding birthday! Everybody at the grocery store was in a jolly holiday mood, our Aprons recipe demonstrator was frantically making shrimp crostini for people, which put us all in an even better mood!

I woke up to the rain pouring and then I remembered:it's Saturday,I'm off,no company expected,and I can't get out in the yard to do anything,so I just snuggled back into the covers,listened to that glorious sound on the roof and slept in awhile longer. I'm cooking a pot of dry baby limas with onion and bell pepper for tomorrow's supper,boiling some rice,already baked the sweet potatoes,and will fry up some Johnsonville Italian Sausage tomorrow,along with a skillet of cornbread to top it off. No,wait,I'll top it off with a peach cobbler-canned peaches,but still yum!!

I hope it doesn't get too cold-I'm still trying to not use our central heat as much as possible,but days like this-you bet it's on!lol

We did not get a foot of snow last night. One forecast called for up to 12" of snow, another said 3-4" and another said rain. We may have gotten some rain, but if so, it wasn't much.

Tomorrow is supposed to be frigid and windy. I don't want to go out, but DS has his yearly visit with the endocrinologist, which always makes him feel worried and nervous, so I'm going too.

Yesterday, the ENTIRE PROVINCE....from the border with the Northwest Territories to the US border....was under a windchill warning. I have never seen the entire province under a warning before, and I have lived here most of my life! Made for a chilly New Yrs Eve!